Enough with the yellow text!!

tgr4lfe

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole yellow font thing was overrated as it was. If keeping the white background means losing the yellow font, then mark me down for white.

I'm with you.

If you need coloration or emoticons then your not very sarcastic or your audience is obtuse.

Little doc

I I typicially rely on hearing a person's tone of voice to know if a person is being sarcastic or not. I can't hear a person's voice on a message board so yellow became the unofficial sarcastic color at AE for those of us who usually have to hear a person's tone to know if they are being sarcastic.

If you need coloration or emoticons then your not very sarcastic or your audience is obtuse.

Little doc

I I typicially rely on hearing a person's tone of voice to know if a person is being sarcastic or not. I can't hear a person's voice on a message board so yellow became the unofficial sarcastic color at AE for those of us who usually have to hear a person's tone to know if they are being sarcastic.

So, you're saying you're obtuse?

:tease:

Little doc

See if you can tell if I'm being obtuse or sarcastic: Bigbird has a bird brain, Golf is an old coot, yellow font removes all doubt and uaterds stink. What do you think?

An optional AE skin is coming ... patience! :)

"Optional" being the operative term here, I hope. Some of us are old fuddy-duddys and don't like change.

Also, thanks for all the work that goes into this place. It's been great here for the five or so years that I've been a member and I have every confidence that it will continue to be a great Auburn spot on the 'net.

Little doc

See if you can tell if I'm being obtuse or sarcastic: Bigbird has a bird brain, Golf is an old coot, yellow font removes all doubt and uaterds stink. What do you think?

50/50.

Little doc

50/50.

You get an A+ on that, you didn't use an emoticon! Go you!

Little doc

50/50.

You get an A+ on that, you didn't use an emoticon! Go you!

Thanks. I'll take a bow. :moon:

An optional AE skin is coming ... patience! :)

This is awesome! I don't mind the white, but I actually miss the blue too. Now that someone mentioned it, it was actually more calming. Hmmmm. Even with bird stirring up droppings. :rollin:

I feel like I'm trying to read while sitting on the sun.

This white gives me a headache, I actually had to dampen down my bright/contrast settings just so I could read for more than a second or two, and it's still not good. This has to be the whitest white known to man.

Any updates on the blue background?

A warm welcome to the AE folks, but can you please revert back to black or even blue text?? Did y'all have a dark background or something? It is completely illegible on here, so I politely ask to NOT use the yellow. Thank you and....

WAR EAGLE!!!!

:nanner:

Yes...a blue background. Yellow font was the secret handshake for sarcasm...we picked yellow because it matched BigBird!

I miss the Bird and Golf show. No Bird, No Golf, no FUN.

Oh that is so sweet :OnTheCan: thank you so much 'icanthearyou' :-\

This white gives me a headache, I actually had to dampen down my bright/contrast settings just so I could read for more than a second or two, and it's still not good. This has to be the whitest white known to man.

I love the yellow font because all I have to do is highlight it if I want to read it! If I want to ignore the person boom I don't highlight it. I did think we shoud move to white as the sarcfont

I love the yellow font because all I have to do is highlight it if I want to read it! If I want to ignore the person boom I don't highlight it. I did think we shoud move to white as the sarcfont

:lmao: highlight his entire post. It is worth it.

Ha! I had the same idea!

Great now I'll have to highlight every post looking for the good stuff.

Actually thats a great idea, Just hit "Ctrl + A" to select everything on the page. helps to dumb down the brightness of this white background. makes it easier on my eyes when all the text is surrounded by blue.

Actually thats a great idea, Just hit "Ctrl + A" to select everything on the page. helps to dumb down the brightness of this white background. makes it easier on my eyes when all the text is surrounded by blue.

It's like using a secret decoder ring.

It's like using a secret decoder ring.

Uh oh

Now I gotta go back through all the threads and press announcements of the off-season to see if the starting line-up has already been announced.

Archived