Are big cities controlling the elections?

CCTAU

The picture shows more states for Bush but seems to be a "dead heat". Why can't it be changed so that electoral votes are counted separately in each state? Wouldn't that more closely give the dems the "popular vote" representation that they harp on? Or would that make their best state, California, benign?

Thoughts!

ev-map-10-26-04.gif

If kerry loses (and I think he will) but wins the popular vote, I will predict that the Dems in congress will try to push through the abolishment of the Electoral college. The arguement they will use will be that all other countries do it. So if that happens you can kiss any canidate going anywhere other than big cities.

I believe thats the case. Someone posted a link in here a while back that allowed you to look at the campaign contributions by reigon. The country was clearly republican, but the major cities were overwhelmingly not. NY, LA, DC, Boston, etc are dictating what the rest of the country should do.

Intrestingly enough, Washington state has this similar problem. The Seattle area is very liberal, while the rest of the state is not. Because of the population densitiy of Seattle, it is determining what is good for the rest of the state. As each metropolis in the US grows bigger, its going to become more and more of a problem on a national level, not just statewide. While I strongly believe in the majority/minority voting scheme that this country is based on, there is a valid case that minorities will not be fairly represented in the future. City residents, who have vastly different lifestyles than their fellow American midwesterner, will be determining how they live. I don't necessarily think that is fair, simply based on the lifestyle difference and the lack of knowledge about the different cultures.

My solution: the south should secede again, and this time take the midwest with us. :P If we take the panhandle of Florida, the rest of the state will soon want to be part of the new south. California and New England will be separated, which will hurt them economically. A no-fly zone across the new south would speed up the collape of the old US country (Cal and NE), and they would eventually have to join new south. So, we're back to the original US, but a better, Southern way of thinking. Oh yeah, Kerry and the like would be sent to Canada. Whos with me?

I believe thats the case.  Someone posted a link in here a while back that allowed you to look at the campaign contributions by reigon.  The country was clearly republican, but the major cities were overwhelmingly not.  NY, LA, DC, Boston, etc are dictating what the rest of the country should do.

Intrestingly enough, Washington state has this similar problem.  The Seattle area is very liberal, while the rest of the state is not.  Because of the population densitiy of Seattle, it is determining what is good for the rest of the state.  As each metropolis in the US grows bigger, its going to become more and more of a problem on a national level, not just statewide.  While I strongly believe in the majority/minority voting scheme that this country is based on, there is a valid case that minorities will not be fairly represented in the future.  City residents, who have vastly different lifestyles than their fellow American midwesterner, will be determining how they live.  I don't necessarily think that is fair, simply based on the lifestyle difference and the lack of knowledge about the different cultures. 

My solution:  the south should secede again, and this time take the midwest with us.  :P If we take the panhandle of Florida, the rest of the state will soon want to be part of the new south.  California and New England will be separated, which will hurt them economically.  A no-fly zone across the new south would speed up the collape of the old US country (Cal and NE), and they would eventually have to join new south.  So, we're back to the original US, but a better, Southern way of thinking.  Oh yeah, Kerry and the like would be sent to Canada.  Whos with me?

116278[/snapback]

Can I still use my confederate money? I've been saving it for quite some time now.

Archived