2014 3* OL Harry Dumervil

AUBourne

I have no idea if AU is going to recruit him or not. I just found his size so remarkable I thought it was worth talking about. He is listed at 6'10" and 400 pounds. OL recruit Harry Dumervil from Oakland Park, Florida. He attended a camp in Knoxville and received an offer from the Vols. His cousin Elvis Dumervil plays for the Broncos.

Guy would be a force on the field and the media would love him if he makes it at the next level. I think it will be many years before 400 pounders becomes a common sight.

harry-dumervil-sized.jpg

Harry Dumervil

I don't think we will ever see 400 pound players in the NFL. This kid will drop 50+ pounds.

Wish the kid the best and hope he's a beast in football!

But he always has a career in pro wrestling....isn't it about time for another "Andre the Giant"?

I don't think we will ever see 400 pound players in the NFL. This kid will drop 50+ pounds.

i dunno bout that. UT has very highly rated DT that is 380 lbs.

But he always has a career in pro wrestling....isn't it about time for another "Andre the Giant"?

There is one. His name is The Big Show. He is 7'1 and 441 lbs.

The problem with players of his size is not his weight, because his frame will hold it easily, but rather it is the flexibility. OL need to be flexible enough to get lower than the DL. At 6' 10" I'm not sure he could get low enough quick enough to secure the leverage needed to achieve his block.

The problem with players of his size is not his weight, because his frame will hold it easily, but rather it is the flexibility. OL need to be flexible enough to get lower than the DL. At 6' 10" I'm not sure he could get low enough quick enough to secure the leverage needed to achieve his block.

WR ? :laugh:

WR ? :laugh:

only on the goal line

Couldnt he just lay on top of them then?? :idea:

i dunno bout that. UT has very highly rated DT that is 380 lbs.

two words GRADY JACKSON that guy was 425+ his last few years if he was a pound

There is one. His name is The Big Show. He is 7'1 and 441 lbs.

I don't actually follow wrestling, but here's another candidate:

http://thegrio.com/2012/08/23/611-500lbs-biggest-football-player-ever/

Archived