Media and election results to this point

japantiger

It is interesting to see the Major media outlets report on the elections.

- Fox called it all for GW two days ago :)

- CNN is trying its hardest not to call it for Bush; supposedly learning from their experience the last time :blink:

- The New York Times is trying to ignore the results altogether since they don't like them; I can't figure out where their head is. :huh:

It is good to see a wide margin on the popular vote; almost 4M votes. Plus; Ohio looks wide enough to weather even the most blistering barrage of lawyers.

It looks like the higher turnout turned-out not to favor the DEMs and there are no wide-spread irregularities (I thought the UN was going to have to teach us about democracy)....

Once again; the elite media completely miss-called this; just like everything else they report on; If my track record was like theirs; no one would give me any credibility; well, I'd be out of a job. When are people going to stop listening to their tripe......

The view from overseas is pretty interesting. I wish you all could experience what I get to experience everyday (and my family). Read the newspaper in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzou; or Singapore or Japan; and listen to the reporters; and people. There would be little doubt in your mind where America's interests lie; and it is clearly not with the UN, the French, The Chinese, the Democrats, etc. They are so dissapointed in this election. They were sure they would regain control of the US under a Kerry administration.

We are only of use to them when we give them $$; protect them from their enemies; or do their bidding on foreign policy. Protecting our interest is of no interest to them. We have no right to protect our own interest if it differs from theirs. Complete arrogance.

Kristian Amanpour (Iranian CNN report) summed it all up on CNNi the other day; "if only we could vote for the US President like we think we should be able to"... she had this wistful far-away look in her eye; like; we know what's best for you......just let us tell you what to do......there you have it; the rest of the world should be able to pick our leaders; not us......

I'm proud of my country. God Bless America and God Bless our President.....

Archived