What kind of spider is this?

Autigers71

OK, so other than a big SOB what kind of spider is this. I live out in the country and am use to seeing some pretty good size spiders, but this

one takes the cake. This is the 2nd one we have killed in 2 weeks. This one was on the back deck and the other one was in our basement.

I know some really educated person on here will know. TIA

gallery_0_89_111213.jpg

it took a whole can of wasp/hornet killer to slow him down. Then I hosed him with lighter fluid and that killed him. Then I took the pic and poured more lighter fluid on him and lit him on fire on the table.

it took a whole can of wasp/hornet killer to slow him down. Then I hosed him with lighter fluid and that killed him. Then I took the pic and poured more lighter fluid on him and lit him on fire on the table.

Good. Hitting it with fire is the only way you can make sure it's dead.

Search for - trap door spider

and see what you think, they can be jet black and pretty large.

That's what it looks like to me. I had them around my trailer in Auburn occasionally. I beat one hanging out on the side of my trailer with a rake one time. The son of a gun wouldn't die. It took multiple swings before even showing a hint of injury.

Y'all wouldn't like me. Unless my wife harps on it, or it's the occasional black widow, I let spiders live...I catch 'em and put 'em outside.

I took that picture before i burned it.

yuck. I would have taken the buckshot to it.

Wolfspiders are the reason I despise spiders to the extent I do. Don't ever step on one.

The only thing that has me curious is most sites say they are in east and south Alabama. I happen to live in nw lauderdale co. And you cant get any farther nw in alabama

Wolfspiders are the reason I despise spiders to the extent I do. Don't ever step on one.

What is the big deal about wolf spiders and stepping on them? I've heard that before but no one has ever explained to me the "drawbacks" or "consequences" of said action...is it because the mothers carry the babies on their belly?

I put a wolf spider the size of a golf ball outside the other night. Caught it in a tupperware bowl.

What is the big deal about wolf spiders and stepping on them? I've heard that before but no one has ever explained to me the "drawbacks" or "consequences" of said action...is it because the mothers carry the babies on their belly?

I put a wolf spider the size of a golf ball outside the other night. Caught it in a tupperware bowl.

I came across one while cutting grass when I was a kid. All the babies ran up my leg and inside my shorts.

Didn't hurt anything except my disgust for the freaks.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I came across one while cutting grass when I was a kid. All the babies ran up my leg and inside my shorts.

Didn't hurt anything except my disgust for the freaks.

Uh. . .stress! Cringing. . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Burn the whole f#*%in house down. Then dig a whole and bury the ashes. Its the only way.

That is wisdom right there. Hate.......freaking........spiders.

Search for - trap door spider

I hope it doesn't get it's name for the reason I'm thinking...

Archived