The reason Gus left?????

bssford460

Would anyone take Mark Richt if the cards fell that way?

Not even remotely possible.

LOL... I only wanted a yes or no. Would you put your seal of approval on it?

Dear lord please no. Richt is the worst long tenured coach in the SEC. The man consistently does the least with the most.

I had to ask (for the record my vote would be no as well)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have no problem with Gus being the coach for 2013. However, there are other candidates that we could hire that would probably a better overall hire than Gus. I do think Cam made him look like the "Einstein OC of the Universe". Give us Gary Patterson, Art Briles, Pat Fitzgerald, Peterson from Boise St., Dan Mullen, Mike Leach, Bobby Petrino (only if Bobby has a contract stipulation that he will not ride motorcycles, chase any women other than his spouse, and attend church at least twice a month, and Gus if none of the above want the job. I do think the interest will be strong and will give us an excellent pool of candidates. I do like Pat Fitzgerald a lot. I do not think he has reached 40 yet, but has a ton of HC experience.

At the risk of being burned at the stake for saying this, I think Cam could have made Noel Mazzone look like Einstein.

I had to ask (for the record my vote would be no as well)

“I don’t know, I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended,” - Steve Spurrier

Mark Richt would certainly feel right at home with all the off-field issues we have. He can find thugs and suspend players with the best of them. Richt reminds me a lot of Tuberville's overall performance. He can win some games he shouldn't, and he can find innovative ways to get blown out when he shouldn't. I hope the chips don't fall that way.

Archived