NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

I was wondering when it was going to show up over here. The hits just keep on coming. I really hope it is just the updykes trying to make the job look less desirable to potential coaching candidates.

Interesting thought, but not anywhere close to what is really going on. Trust me, the updykes are much more concerned with backing into another BCSCG. It doesn't take the REC to make us look bad when we are 3-8, and have the problems on and off the field that we have had. Fact of the matter is this investigation has been going on for a while now, and has been kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Believe or not, there are a group of those maniacs that care more about trying to put the death blow to our program while we are down than winning a championship. If they can regurgitate old news with the help of their surrogates to effect our coaching hire or our '13 recruits to accomplish that goal, the fact is they will. The way to combat that is not to be silent, but to return fire and punch them right in the mouth.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering when it was going to show up over here. The hits just keep on coming. I really hope it is just the updykes trying to make the job look less desirable to potential coaching candidates.

Interesting thought, but not anywhere close to what is really going on. Trust me, the updykes are much more concerned with backing into another BCSCG. It doesn't take the REC to make us look bad when we are 3-8, and have the problems on and off the field that we have had. Fact of the matter is this investigation has been going on for a while now, and has been kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Believe or not, there are a group of those maniacs that care more about trying to put the death blow to our program while we are down than winning a championship. If they can regurgitate old news with the help of their surrogates to effect our coaching hire or our '13 recruits to accomplish that goal, the fact is they will. The way to combat that is not to be silent, but to return fire and punch them right in the mouth.

I'm beginning to believe it is part of the "process".

Didn't know the guidance counselor was an AU grad....if so, this is the reason that the school begs AU people to stay out of the recruiting process...but some just don't get the word...or don't pay attention.

Well, she could always keep her mouth shut like tom AL Betar at TTOWN Menswear did.

Didn't know the guidance counselor was an AU grad....if so, this is the reason that the school begs AU people to stay out of the recruiting process...but some just don't get the word...or don't pay attention.

There is not one new bit of information in that article, Sound familiar ? Yet it comes out just as we are about to possibly look for a coach. I don't care if she was an AU grad or not, there are Bama grads all over the place involved in their program. The Guidance counselor admitted to changing the transcript, check. The PE teacher gave Jovon a ride, check. AUC was reporting this back in August. Its the same tactic used in 2010.

Im gonna take solace in your comment IronMan, I sure hope its just more of the same old same old.

Well, what is in that article is the same stuff reported months ago and regurgitated. PM posted about all this back in August. Is there more ? Nobody can say but this sure isn't "more" and its the same tactic from 2010. Of course Chizik will say nothing and Jacobs will say nothing even in a way that stays within the rules. Then, by the time we are clear the damage has been done with potential HC hires or '13 recruits. That is their real target. This stuff will stop when we have a HC that takes on the press, the surrogates of the maniacs, head on but not until then.

Forde did say that they have been on campus this week interviewing several players and assistant coaches

Well, she could always keep her mouth shut like tom AL Betar at TTOWN Menswear did.

The guidance counselor is an Ole Miss grad and has been for months.

I haven't followed the story closely and was not aware of the AU connections. Have been curious about what Jovon was doing this year since he apparently is not playing anywhere. And yes, Pawwwwl can make a big story out of nothing ad that doubles his audience. And I'm not jumping off a bridge somewhere or even viewing this as a chance to beat Chiz out of this termination money which someone suggested.

It is a fact that alums and fans get more schools in trouble that do coaches (though UTk seems to be an exception) ...and I'm still waiting on the NCAA to explain how those MSU boosters could try to make a deal with Cam and NOTHING be done about it.

The timing of this press release below (two years ago), and the wording, tell it all.....the SEC covered the whole Cam Newton thing up. Cam's Dad wanted him to go to Auburn, MSU offered him money, Cecil was stupid enough to talk about it so he became "involved". Auburn reported MSU to the SEC before MSU did, SEC did nothing about it, Jody Wright left MSU to go to bama, he spilled the beans, story came out, Slive covered it all up. No trouble for Kenny rogers...no trouble for Bill Bell....no trouble for the ex MSU QB who offered his condos and transportation to the Newtons ...no trouble for Auburn....no trouble for the SEC.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2010/11/10/1806582/mississippi-state-releases-statement-on-cam-newton-situation

The "death blow" would be to keep CGC and the whole staff. I understand how the conspiracy theories help us deal with the uncomfortable truth, but trying to get the entire staff fired and get all the recruits to back out would be counter intuitive. If all the recruits back out, and the staff is fired, the turds know AU will be willing to pay big money to go get the best staff possible. It is in THEIR best interest that everything stay the same on The Plains. Why would they be worried about us having "5 Star" recruits? They either get kicked off the team, never see the field, or play like "2 Stars." Bammers get a top 5 recruiting class every year, regardless of what we do, and are about to play for their 3rd BCS title in 4 years. Trust me, they aren't wanting any changes...anywhere.

The first part of the article really doesn't tell us anything we didnt already know. We knew about the Jovon incident, we knew Trooper and Luper were pulled off the trail, and we knew the NCAA was involved. The only part that really bothers me is near the end of the article it says the investigation could be more widespread.....

I'm not buying it. Media outlets need to get their hits and make their money. They know how many s**t-house crazy Bama fans are out there. They know they can write up "NCAA looks into Auburn", and they'll get 1.5 million hits from Bammers. I can just hear the Bammers spreading it around- . . . "Hey Elrod, get on them internets and look on the Yahoo! Awbarn done did it now! Whooo, whooo".

I'm sorry I'm not sorry. I'm not buying it.

They also know how many s**t-house crazy Auburn fans are out there just waiting to follow the other ignorant lemmings over

the edge!

A couple of points here:

1) if I recall correctly, the guidance counselor changed grades for more than Robinson. Seems like she changed grades for an athlete who went to another school also. The transcripts have to be submitted to the NCAA clearinghouse before an athlete is considered elgible. I don't know the timing of Robinson's decision to go to Auburn, but he had to be declared eligible before he could sign his letter of intent.

2) The PE teach, who gave rides to Robinson to the AU games, is not at fault unless she is a donor/booster. Just being a fan does not make her or the school liable. It appears that this hype is just drama by the writer of the yahoo story. Now if she is a donor, then there is a valid argument. Since the article failed to mention she was a donor/booster, my guess is she is just a fan so no violation here.

What concerns me is what we do not know. It seems ludicrus that NCAA would waste their time investigating something that is not an issue unless it is a slow day at NCAA.com.

I have never understood why UA was not investigated and found guilty of players (Jones, Ingram, et.al.) accepting numerous suits from a men's apparel store in exchange for autograph sessions and paraphernalia. This was the same type issue as Ohio state with the tattoos in which they received NCAA sanctions. For whatever reason, UA was never publicised nor investigated to my knowledge even though it was the following year of the Ohio State violation.

And for the record.. People can despise what I say but I'm just being honest, and objective. My wife's family is full of Bammers and tuscaloser grads... Two of which are prominent attorneys and living breathing members of the actual Red Elephant Club. I can personally assure you that they would never donate a dime for some sort of smear campaign.

The thing that worries me is that if the NCAA wants to nail a school,they will. Plain and simple.We can fire they whole staff and they can still nail us if they desire,just ask the vols about Kiffen.

This may hurt us in hiring a big name coach,we may end up with the assistant from Louisville.

And for the record.. People can despise what I say but I'm just being honest, and objective. My wife's family is full of Bammers and tuscaloser grads... Two of which are prominent attorneys and living breathing members of the actual Red Elephant Club. I can personally assure you that they would never donate a dime for some sort of smear campaign.

Is that you Gary Neal?

The thing that worries me is that if the NCAA wants to nail a school,they will. Plain and simple.We can fire they whole staff and they can still nail us if they desire,just ask the vols about Kiffen.

This may hurt us in hiring a big name coach,we may end up with the assistant from Louisville.

Know one coach who probably could care less and is sitting by the phone.

PETRINO.jpg

I have never understood why UA was not investigated and found guilty of players (Jones, Ingram, et.al.) accepting numerous suits from a men's apparel store in exchange for autograph sessions and paraphernalia. This was the same type issue as Ohio state with the tattoos in which they received NCAA sanctions. For whatever reason, UA was never publicised nor investigated to my knowledge even though it was the following year of the Ohio State violation.

The only difference I could see is that OSU knew what was going on, allowed it to happen, and attempted to cover it up.

The turds at least made it look like they had no idea what was going on, and issued a no contact/cease and desist order. They actually were investigated, and were actually much closer than most people realize, to getting their azzes handed to them.

But once again, whether it's a business owner, or a former student/grad/fan... Some things are just gonna happen. The entire school and athletic department can not be expected to monitor and control every student's actions 24/7. I was friends with some players in 2003, and I know they got some "freebies" here and there. Some of which were quite expensive... But it's the nature of the beast, and it happens at AU, bammer, UT, UGA, and every other major school in America.

From what I just read from JGT it's mostly rehash about a self reported secondary violation. So if that's the case why does it come out now? After everything that they did during the Cam saga I would not put anything past them. They don't want to just beat us they want to destroy us.

PETRINO.jpg

Do we have him on speed dial???

Until something new and coming from a source the is creditable, this is just the same bs.

++

PETRINO.jpg

Do we have him on speed dial???

I hope so! I hope his phone is ringing right now!!

Archived