NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

The first part of the article really doesn't tell us anything we didnt already know. We knew about the Jovon incident, we knew Trooper and Luper were pulled off the trail, and we knew the NCAA was involved. The only part that really bothers me is near the end of the article it says the investigation could be more widespread.....

I'm not buying it. Media outlets need to get their hits and make their money. They know how many s**t-house crazy Bama fans are out there. They know they can write up "NCAA looks into Auburn", and they'll get 1.5 million hits from Bammers. I can just hear the Bammers spreading it around- . . . "Hey Elrod, get on them internets and look on the Yahoo! Awbarn done did it now! Whooo, whooo".

I'm sorry I'm not sorry. I'm not buying it.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't news. This has been common knowledge for months. The one aspect that I wasn't aware of is the pe teacher. Roy Adams originally broke the Robinson story, and what really worried me was the Camaro. I can't see a high school phys Ed teacher buying a student a Camaro, no matter how good. Personally I find this as good news. Now all I'm worried about is why troluper were pulled off the road.

But seriously, "it is believed that the investigation is more widespread than Robinson"?!? I see Hack Forde is still checking his sourcing at the door and still serving up heaping helpings of innuendo.

I'm honestly not at all concerned about any of this. What happened with Jovon Robinson has nothing to do with Auburn IMO. It all occurred before he even got to Auburn. It's also old news. There's also nothing of any credibility that says Trooper Taylor or Curtis Luper have been pulled from recruiting trail. Until it comes from a legit source, its nothing more than another "I know the bagman" story.

I haven't followed the story closely and was not aware of the AU connections. Have been curious about what Jovon was doing this year since he apparently is not playing anywhere. And yes, Pawwwwl can make a big story out of nothing ad that doubles his audience. And I'm not jumping off a bridge somewhere or even viewing this as a chance to beat Chiz out of this termination money which someone suggested.

It is a fact that alums and fans get more schools in trouble that do coaches (though UTk seems to be an exception) ...and I'm still waiting on the NCAA to explain how those MSU boosters could try to make a deal with Cam and NOTHING be done about it.

And you know the happiest person on earth right now is Verne Lundquist. Here's what the ib broadcast will sound like:

Gary: Verne, I think it'll be a long day for this Auburn team.

Verne: HO HAH! Chortle auburn chortle investigation

Up until Yahoo reported it, most everything being said was rumor and speculation. There are people associated with AU who want this in the media... People who are more concerned with money and agenda, than winning games and keeping recruits. Sad truth.

Didn't know the guidance counselor was an AU grad....if so, this is the reason that the school begs AU people to stay out of the recruiting process...but some just don't get the word...or don't pay attention.

There is not one new bit of information in that article, Sound familiar ? Yet it comes out just as we are about to possibly look for a coach. I don't care if she was an AU grad or not, there are Bama grads all over the place involved in their program. The Guidance counselor admitted to changing the transcript, check. The PE teacher gave Jovon a ride, check. AUC was reporting this back in August. Its the same tactic used in 2010.

Im gonna take solace in your comment IronMan, I sure hope its just more of the same old same old.

Well, what is in that article is the same stuff reported months ago and regurgitated. PM posted about all this back in August. Is there more ? Nobody can say but this sure isn't "more" and its the same tactic from 2010. Of course Chizik will say nothing and Jacobs will say nothing even in a way that stays within the rules. Then, by the time we are clear the damage has been done with potential HC hires or '13 recruits. That is their real target. This stuff will stop when we have a HC that takes on the press, the surrogates of the maniacs, head on but not until then.

where do all of these toilet scrubbers come from?

The first part of the article really doesn't tell us anything we didnt already know. We knew about the Jovon incident, we knew Trooper and Luper were pulled off the trail, and we knew the NCAA was involved. The only part that really bothers me is near the end of the article it says the investigation could be more widespread.....

I'm not buying it. Media outlets need to get their hits and make their money. They know how many s**t-house crazy Bama fans are out there. They know they can write up "NCAA looks into Auburn", and they'll get 1.5 million hits from Bammers. I can just hear the Bammers spreading it around- . . . "Hey Elrod, get on them internets and look on the Yahoo! Awbarn done did it now! Whooo, whooo".

I'm sorry I'm not sorry. I'm not buying it.

Almost exact conversation in the break room at work just now..

Hello Willie Taggart, Shawn Watson or Mark Hudspeth. They may have just moved from bottom tier to top tier.

wde

I don't worry about the impact on coaches and recruits as both categories of folks seem to be more thoughful than the average football fan. As noted in several posts above, bammers can run this stuff out and all of a sudden the AU "chicken littles" start climbing out onto the window ledges.

I try to stay away from Finebaum's show. I happened to turn it on today....and they are currently talking about this story. Paaaawwwlll brushes off anything negative Bammer related, but will run an Auburn story into the ground Nancy Grace style.

Here is the issue... how long until something does stick? I don't think any college program is completely clean, so I worry that sooner or later something will stick and the NCAA will do something over-reaching... This is what worries me about it.

I was wondering when it was going to show up over here. The hits just keep on coming. I really hope it is just the updykes trying to make the job look less desirable to potential coaching candidates.

Interesting thought, but not anywhere close to what is really going on. Trust me, the updykes are much more concerned with backing into another BCSCG. It doesn't take the REC to make us look bad when we are 3-8, and have the problems on and off the field that we have had. Fact of the matter is this investigation has been going on for a while now, and has been kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately I agree with every word of this. Sad state of affairs right now, boys.

And with that said, I now say that the entire staff needs to be replaced. While I cant see Coach Chizik being involved directly, he is indeed the HC.

Same song every year, from Iron Bowl week through National Signing day, Auburn is under the cloud of the dreaded NCAA investigation (according to several unnamed sources). Either we run the shadiest program since SMU or somebody with connections to the press doesn't like us very much. I wonder?

Archived