NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do youbknow what it takes to null the buyout. I bet it's a lot more than some secondary violations. It better be iron clad or any decent lawyer wiii make a major stink...and with good reason.

No,I dont know the ins and outs of the buy-out.Im just thinking out loud,and trying to understand how our players and coaches were interviwed by the NCAA,just this week and now the press knows about it.It seems that the info was given to the press by someone associated with the football team.Im just trying to understand wat the motivation would be to do this.

We can now fire for cause. This is not that bad a thing.

At this particular point in time it is highly unlikely that AU could terminate For Cause. Cause is fairly well defined in the contract, and it is much too early in the so-called investigation to make a determination that "major, substantial and repetitive violations" have occured. With that in mind, let's hope that there is no basis For Cause. The money that could be saved would be dwarfed by the nuclear fallout of probation.

Common Mike...you are too reasonable for this board

Well, it is more fun to just ignore the facts.

Everything in Pat Forde's story we all already knew about. We were told weeks ago about Trooper and Luper both being pulled off the trail, we knew about the connection between Robinson and the teacher with ties to Auburn. This is being put out there because our house is already on fire and it's only going to get worse on Saturday. Some bammer alumni probably got Forde to throw the story out there just to make us look even worse.

Didn't know the guidance counselor was an AU grad....if so, this is the reason that the school begs AU people to stay out of the recruiting process...but some just don't get the word...or don't pay attention.

There is not one new bit of information in that article, Sound familiar ? Yet it comes out just as we are about to possibly look for a coach. I don't care if she was an AU grad or not, there are Bama grads all over the place involved in their program. The Guidance counselor admitted to changing the transcript, check. The PE teacher gave Jovon a ride, check. AUC was reporting this back in August. Its the same tactic used in 2010.

Im gonna take solace in your comment IronMan, I sure hope its just more of the same old same old.

Well, what is in that article is the same stuff reported months ago and regurgitated. PM posted about all this back in August. Is there more ? Nobody can say but this sure isn't "more" and its the same tactic from 2010. Of course Chizik will say nothing and Jacobs will say nothing even in a way that stays within the rules. Then, by the time we are clear the damage has been done with potential HC hires or '13 recruits. That is their real target. This stuff will stop when we have a HC that takes on the press, the surrogates of the maniacs, head on but not until then.

Forde did say that they have been on campus this week interviewing several players and assistant coaches

Where in the article does it say the NCAA has been on campus this week? I missed it.

I didn't see or notice any new info. This appears to be the sam crap from the previous probe about Robinsons transcripts

and the recruiting junk with Luper and Trooper. BUMP the NCAA!

To be redundant, the last thing AU needs at this point would be to fire GC For Cause. The genesis of being able to do that would have a debilitating effect on the new HC search.

To be redundant, the last thing AU needs at this point would be to fire GC For Cause. The genesis of being able to do that would have a debilitating effect on the new HC search.

Gives someone the opportunity to pick a coach without too much scruitiny..."Coach ___ is all we could get under the circumstances"

Unless we fire JJ (which is pretty likely after today) and let the new coach have input on the AD search.

Gotta wonder about some of the wild imaginations ....AU going to commit athletic suicide to get rid of Chiz...or save the buyout money? Makes sense to a few people posting on this board....and in keeping with the rules of this board I will not openly state that some people seem to be nuts.

Where are the Chizik lovers now (what's left of them)? This is a man who is COMPLETELY inept when it comes to leading a football team. I was already calling for the chopping block to come before the Iron Bowl, but this solidifies it. He needs to be fired immediately and without hesitation. We deserve answers and solutions to this entire mess.

I don't know any Chizik lovers.

After reading this thread and your post I am more concerned about our fanbase. Are we COMPLETELY inept whenever it comes to understanding motives behind sports writers. THEY GET PAID TO SELL ARTICLES!!! THEY DO NOT GET PAID TO INFORM!!! Period.

IF the NCAA was here on campus and I say IF. The bigger question is HOW these reporters found out. NCAA leak? why would auburn leak it. BUY OUT, that is nuts, IF true, it would takes months to get a letter of inquiry, then months to resolve, Then Auburn could act on the outcome of investigation then and his buyouts.

Is there a clause that says we can fire him without paying the buyout IF we are under investigation?

Jacobs removed that clause with the extension last year I believe

Anyone else notice that the Emmert (Saban's buddy) led NCAA is going after bama's 2 biggest rival all the while they have been cheating in plain sight? Might be time to find a crazy to brain wash and send Emmert's way.

Auburn probably made this happen so we don't have to pay this expensive-as-heck staff when we fire them and may make the recruits who only is coming for Chizik to think over their reasoning

Really??? Is this our fanbase?

This whole investigation is a bunch of BS. So his grades were changed and now he has to go back to prep school. We have two other recruits who didn't qualify either. If those other recruits grades were changed too, then this would be a legitimate investigation. Nothing is going to come out of this.

Auburn probably made this happen so we don't have to pay this expensive-as-heck staff when we fire them and may make the recruits who only is coming for Chizik to think over their reasoning

Really??? Is this our fanbase?

It's times like this that shows the true nature of some so called fans!

Archived