NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

If any of you have access to the rivals board you should read what JGT wrote about this subject. I know some on here don't like him but lately his info and stories have been pretty good. I can't post it here because its premium content.

I still don't buy into the school doing this to void Gene's contract, that just doesn't make any sense. It was put out there for a reason. The article by forde had no new info in it. The article by the al.com guy had the stuff about them interviewing players, that was news to me.

Some of the insiders on this site could possibly expound on some of that other info.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay g. Tate is reporting the NCAA is interviewing Alabama players about their Auburn recruitment. I'm seriously fashioning a tin foil fedora while I type.

BS. There is no way in hell weeman would let anybody interview his players, this week, about their recruitment. And his buddy in Indy would back him up.

Chizik's buyout is void during an open investigation so thatprobably explains why he hasn't been fired yet

I'm starting to think this was done by Auburn people. Why? 1) Negate a buyout 2) Make it seem we can't get good coaches, because of an investigation so we had to settle for Petrino-ah shucks. Maybe this was Jacobs plan and this how he has saved his job? Of course I could be really wrong.

If you want to know if this is a recent story just flip over to ole PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL!!! He will be talking about it all day and night if this is a recent story that would hurt Auburn. Oh just tuned in guess what he's talking about ...Auburn...bashing Auburn as usual.

Man I love Paul he can't quit talking about Auburn (in a bad way). He is the ring leader of the BAMMERS.

He is doing his best to prevent Auburn from hiring someone good. He's talking about how if your Jimbo or Strong you reconsider lmao and he's bringing up the ole Cam Newton story. Man he bleeds crimson. He probably paid Updyke to poison the trees.

They are just helping us get Petrino!!!! :hellyeah::bananadance::jossun:

Is there a clause that says we can fire him without paying the buyout IF we are under investigation?

Jacobs removed that clause with the extension last year I believe

The addendum dated June 9, 2011 made no change to Termination For Cause.

Hello Willie Taggart, Shawn Watson or Mark Hudspeth. They may have just moved from bottom tier to top tier.

wde

Willie Taggert is a heck of a coach and of the Harbaugh coaching tree.

Where are the Chizik lovers now (what's left of them)? This is a man who is COMPLETELY inept when it comes to leading a football team. I was already calling for the chopping block to come before the Iron Bowl, but this solidifies it. He needs to be fired immediately and without hesitation. We deserve answers and solutions to this entire mess.

I don't know any Chizik lovers.

After reading this thread and your post I am more concerned about our fanbase. Are we COMPLETELY inept whenever it comes to understanding motives behind sports writers. THEY GET PAID TO SELL ARTICLES!!! THEY DO NOT GET PAID TO INFORM!!! Period.

Yep and you have to love seeing Bammers acting " holier than thou" when they just got off of SIXTEEN consecutive years of NCAA probation earlier this year.

Jay g. Tate is reporting the NCAA is interviewing Alabama players about their Auburn recruitment. I'm seriously fashioning a tin foil fedora while I type.

BS. There is no way in hell weeman would let anybody interview his players, this week, about their recruitment. And his buddy in Indy would back him up.

I won't quote his article, it's premium, but a guy on SECr posted the relevant part:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?p=37859236&pg=3

I won't quote his article, it's premium, but a guy on SECr posted the relevant part:

http://www.secrant.c...p=37859236&pg=3

Didn't see anything relevant there.

Of course we hope it is all just something the turds have dug-up; but at the same time we all new their had to be something more to the decline this season. Hate to say it, but it doesn't look good.

It's about 2/3 of the way down. Posted by sandman

Didn't see that as relevant because he does not say where he learned it from.

You think Tate is lying?

You think Tate is lying?

No, just using the current method of reporting. Reporters used to have two sources before they ran with a story. Now, an unsubstantiated rumor is basis for reporting.

Didn't see that as relevant because he does not say where he learned it from.Can I quote you?

You think Tate is lying?

No, just using the current method of reporting. Reporters used to have two sources before they ran with a story. Now, an unsubstantiated rumor is basis for reporting.

Can I quote you? :cool:

So the NCAA is going to interview turd players that may have been in contact by Auburn while being recruited......like their answers are not going to be biased.

So the NCAA is going to interview turd players that may have been in contact by Auburn while being recruited......like their answers are not going to be biased.

Why would they not interview UGA, UF, Maryland, FSU players? We went head to head with those schools too.

its all about proof, if the bama players say anything, they have to prove it. Not hearsay. PLUS, when the get to school each fall they sign that they have not committed an ncaa infractions, don't know of any infractions committed, if they don't report illegal recruitment or other infractions, they too can be in trouble. They all sign these NCAA forms. Coaches and athletes.

Archived