NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that Gary Patterson's love affair with TCU, may be on it's last leg, and wouldn't rule out AU if he was offered the opportunity.

Didn't know the guidance counselor was an AU grad....if so, this is the reason that the school begs AU people to stay out of the recruiting process...but some just don't get the word...or don't pay attention.

The Guidance Counselor is not an AU Grad. The PE Teacher / Volleyball Coach is an Auburn Grad.

I don't see how much trouble we can get into for a player who did not play a down and only practiced for a few weeks. On the bright side this would be a good year to lose a schlorship or two, we are not going to sign 25 SEC quality players this year anyway.

I was wondering when it was going to show up over here. The hits just keep on coming. I really hope it is just the updykes trying to make the job look less desirable to potential coaching candidates.

Interesting thought, but not anywhere close to what is really going on. Trust me, the updykes are much more concerned with backing into another BCSCG. It doesn't take the REC to make us look bad when we are 3-8, and have the problems on and off the field that we have had. Fact of the matter is this investigation has been going on for a while now, and has been kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Believe or not, there are a group of those maniacs that care more about trying to put the death blow to our program while we are down than winning a championship. If they can regurgitate old news with the help of their surrogates to effect our coaching hire or our '13 recruits to accomplish that goal, the fact is they will. The way to combat that is not to be silent, but to return fire and punch them right in the mouth.

Ironman gets it. The stories start running up to the national championship, then from December to signing day every year. This smells like updykes to me.

To the people who say we can't hire Petrino because we would take a hit to our reputation, this is our reputation. Rightly or wrongly, this is what you are saying you want to protect.

Move along, nothing new here. Pat Forde is just another Saban / REC media pawn. The info Forde put out is nothing new. The REC probably paid him very well to hold that story from September to be released this week. He worded the article so that it sounds like new info, but it isn't. This is just another ploy to divert the coaches and players attention, proving that somebody is slightly worried about Saturday. Don't yall remember 2010, the week of every big game another article came out about Cam and Cecil. The REC is in control with deep pockets. This is just more motivationh for our coaches and players to kick their asses Saturday.

In case I haven't posted it today "I HATE BAMMERS!!"

If you want to know if this is a recent story just flip over to ole PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL!!! He will be talking about it all day and night if this is a recent story that would hurt Auburn. Oh just tuned in guess what he's talking about ...Auburn...bashing Auburn as usual.

Man I love Paul he can't quit talking about Auburn (in a bad way). He is the ring leader of the BAMMERS.

He is doing his best to prevent Auburn from hiring someone good. He's talking about how if your Jimbo or Strong you reconsider lmao and he's bringing up the ole Cam Newton story. Man he bleeds crimson. He probably paid Updyke to poison the trees.

Why do you say this? I quit Paul years ago. Don't listen and it won't matter. He's in the selling advertisement business so he panders to the biggest market - Alabama. Who cares? Free yourself.

Where are the Chizik lovers now (what's left of them)? This is a man who is COMPLETELY inept when it comes to leading a football team. I was already calling for the chopping block to come before the Iron Bowl, but this solidifies it. He needs to be fired immediately and without hesitation. We deserve answers and solutions to this entire mess.

I was wondering when it was going to show up over here. The hits just keep on coming. I really hope it is just the updykes trying to make the job look less desirable to potential coaching candidates.

Interesting thought, but not anywhere close to what is really going on. Trust me, the updykes are much more concerned with backing into another BCSCG. It doesn't take the REC to make us look bad when we are 3-8, and have the problems on and off the field that we have had. Fact of the matter is this investigation has been going on for a while now, and has been kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Believe or not, there are a group of those maniacs that care more about trying to put the death blow to our program while we are down than winning a championship. If they can regurgitate old news with the help of their surrogates to effect our coaching hire or our '13 recruits to accomplish that goal, the fact is they will. The way to combat that is not to be silent, but to return fire and punch them right in the mouth.

Ironman gets it. The stories start running up to the national championship, then from December to signing day every year. This smells like updykes to me.

I have to agree, and I am really tired of it.

It is common place in human nature to resist admitting one is wrong. A lot of media people jumped on the Auburn is despicable bandwagon during the 2010 season. Some of those same people simply can not let it go and MUST prove they were correct. <Insert Forde>

Fans of rival fan bases jump to conclusions every chance they get(Auburn fans included). There is no doubt that bama fans are taking delight. So would we if our team was a shoe in for the win and they were the cluster fudge.

Finebaum is scum. Simply put, he is in the genre of Jerry Springer except that he takes himself seriously. I understand he is pandering to his audience. I get it, I really do. What I don't understand is the Auburn fans that subject themselves to that misery day in and outl. They then subject us fans that actively try to avoid his P.O.S. show to the same misery. To top that all off they will defend it as entertainment. Yeah, some entertainment. I enjoy being pissed off, what about you?

Auburn fans are down right now and looking for any reason to jump on Chizik and his staff. If Chizik's staff are doing things that are against NCAA rules, they at least know where to hide the bodies. I feel the explanation that AU people leaked an investigation that has been common knowledge since August is just reaching and just plain silly. Then there is the possibility that Auburn just did nothing wrong. I simply don't know. It is however possible that a the lady changed the grade simply because she wanted to see inner city kids succeed any way they can. Again, I simply don't know but it is possible.

You have to admit... there are probably a lot of people in the state who are very pissed that, with the season we are having, our recruiting class is intact. I do think it's pathetic with us already a 35pt underdog that some people feel they need to pull out all of the stops on Iron Bowl week... burning the trees, rehashing all of this, etc.

This is written by Pat Forde.. Does this sound like someone who is working with the REC?

"Alabama: Ad opens with montage of horrendous passes by Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson. Then cuts to black-and-white still shot of Arkansas coach John L. Smith with his hand over his eyes. Ominous-sounding voice-over: “You’ve been fooled, America. Fooled into believing Alabama football has accomplished something in the first half of the season. Here are the facts.” Graphic shows cumulative record of Alabama’s opponents to date (19-20) and their average Sagarin rating (40th). Ominous voice-over: “The truth is, Alabama has not beaten a quality opponent. Should the nation’s No. 1 team be padding its record with two opponents from the Sun Belt? What is the Crimson Tide trying to hide? Could it be that voters have been overly impressed by beating disappointing teams and are rewarding Alabama based on last year, not this year?” Cut to unflattering still shot of Nick Saban glaring from behind a podium. “Don’t let their powerful coach bully his way into the BCS Championship Game again. Vote for teams who are proving it on the field.”

Trust me, if Pat were urged to publish the Auburn article, it wasn't because a bammer wanted it. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

This is written by Pat Forde.. Does this sound like someone who is working with the REC?

"Alabama: Ad opens with montage of horrendous passes by Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson. Then cuts to black-and-white still shot of Arkansas coach John L. Smith with his hand over his eyes. Ominous-sounding voice-over: “You’ve been fooled, America. Fooled into believing Alabama football has accomplished something in the first half of the season. Here are the facts.” Graphic shows cumulative record of Alabama’s opponents to date (19-20) and their average Sagarin rating (40th). Ominous voice-over: “The truth is, Alabama has not beaten a quality opponent. Should the nation’s No. 1 team be padding its record with two opponents from the Sun Belt? What is the Crimson Tide trying to hide? Could it be that voters have been overly impressed by beating disappointing teams and are rewarding Alabama based on last year, not this year?” Cut to unflattering still shot of Nick Saban glaring from behind a podium. “Don’t let their powerful coach bully his way into the BCS Championship Game again. Vote for teams who are proving it on the field.”

Trust me, if Pat were urged to publish the Auburn article, it wasn't because a bammer wanted it. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

The only thing new to the story is that players and coaches were questioned this week.how would bamerz know this??

This was leaked by AU IMO.It could all about the buy-out clause and or,making sure JJ is not retained.

You have to admit... there are probably a lot of people in the state who are very pissed that, with the season we are having, our recruiting class is intact. I do think it's pathetic with us already a 35pt underdog that some people feel they need to pull out all of the stops on Iron Bowl week... burning the trees, rehashing all of this, etc.

My source is telling me that was two AU sophomores who started the blaze.

Come on guys, really? Do you all really think the turds have that much money and power? Y'all give them way too much credit and put them on this pedestal. Maybe I'm just naive. Maybe the REC is an omnipotent, omnipresent force.. I just don't buy it.

So we are hoping the NCAA comes down on us to allow us to avoid Chiz's buyout? Yep that makes perfect sense.

Come on guys, really? Do you all really think the turds have that much money and power? Y'all give them way too much credit and put them on this pedestal. Maybe I'm just naive. Maybe the REC is an omnipotent, omnipresent force.. I just don't buy it.

thank you for being rational.

So we are hoping the NCAA comes down on us to allow us to avoid Chiz's buyout? Yep that makes perfect sense.

Not "we" but there could be some people who are thinking this way who are on the BOT.Money,to some of these guys,may mean more than a few secondary violations,that wont hurt AU that much,but could null CGC's by-out clause.

thank you for being rational.

Maybe I am irrational but I have seen too many things that don't add up over my 56 years. I saw the REC in action in the late 70s. I know what they can do.

Do youbknow what it takes to null the buyout. I bet it's a lot more than some secondary violations. It better be iron clad or any decent lawyer wiii make a major stink...and with good reason.

We can now fire for cause. This is not that bad a thing.

At this particular point in time it is highly unlikely that AU could terminate For Cause. Cause is fairly well defined in the contract, and it is much too early in the so-called investigation to make a determination that "major, substantial and repetitive violations" have occured. With that in mind, let's hope that there is no basis For Cause. The money that could be saved would be dwarfed by the nuclear fallout of probation.

We can now fire for cause. This is not that bad a thing.

At this particular point in time it is highly unlikely that AU could terminate For Cause. Cause is fairly well defined in the contract, and it is much too early in the so-called investigation to make a determination that "major, substantial and repetitive violations" have occured. With that in mind, let's hope that there is no basis For Cause. The money that could be saved would be dwarfed by the nuclear fallout of probation.

Common Mike...you are too reasonable for this board

He can be fired under normal conditions of his contract. IF anything comes out of the alleged investigation then he would have to repay any money paid to him as a buyout.

Archived