the gators are ready to write a check to...

PenguinAUB

haha...i wonder if the ole evil genius did that to them on purpose. it looked to me like UF fired zook because they were sure they could get steve back, then look at how it backfired...

it could be the iowa coach, not sure of his name. some say fla was very impressed w/ him after iowa handed fla thier hats in whatever bowl they were in last yr.

or maybe the cal qb coach, not sure of his name either.

slink, who do you think are the Gators candidates at this point?

Whats weird is that the head guys at the Gators Insider board keep talking about Meyer/Petrino as the #2 men and then "someone who nobody is talking about as Mechan's #1" and Mechan is their President......I dont have any idea who it is....rumors of Rich Rodriguez keep popping up.....but he went to WVU so why leave?

Who knows at this point but Ferentz is at Iowa for a long run.

Most of the talk around here has been regarding Urban Meyer (Utah), Jeff Tedford (Cal) and Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay). UF's President Machen played a big part in Meyer's hiring when he was the president at Utah. I'm not sure any of these guys would be willing to leave their present jobs though.

Who knows at this point but Ferentz is at Iowa for a long run

what makes u say that?...i'm only guessing here, but his is a name i heard as a possible

119697[/snapback]

He has turned down numerous offers already for other schools and has no interest at Florida nor connections

It is getting to be a strange situation in gatorville. I think they felt as if the anointed one would come running back. When that fell through, they started their "search". I think they have a tad bit inflated view of themselves. Any good coach would have to see how they treated zook and wonder what it would take to make them happy.

It will be fun to watch it unfold over the next several weeks.

I heard the old dawg coach Jim Donnan say on CSS Talkin' Sports that if you're a Southern team and you hire from out of the South, you won't have a recruiting edge and you will have zero relationships with high school coaches in your market.

I have to agree with Donnan one this one.

Penguin why do you put out such unreliable information without providing a link.

My sources say the check to Stoops is only for 7 gazillion dollars.

Archived