New article out of Fort Worth regarding Patterson

DyeHardAllTheWay

Pat Sullivan as AD........

The word I have is that Sullivan is already slated to be AD and JJ is only staying on for "transitional" purposes.

I have felt all along that this hire would be JJ's last function as AD and he would then be moved into a fund raising capability. I have not heard that about Pat.

IMO JJ will not be the AD by the end of the year.

I sure hope you are right. I don't think JJ is an evil entity, nor do I completely condemn a man for making a bad hire but with the on and off field troubles and the contract debacle he should go. We can do so much better.

One bad hire is not fatal IMHO. His problem is so many f-ups with coaches in early every sport at AU.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the 4-2-5 if you have the right safeties in place to run it. Bates would have been a great SS in the 4-2-5 due to his ability to play the run. Yes, he missed some tackles during his time, but he also made a lot. The 4-2-5 gives you flexibility against pro style and spread teams, but it also allows you to disguise where the pressure is coming from. I think Bates got taken out of a lot of plays because it was obvious what he was going to do.

I asked a question about the 4-2-5 earlier this week with Bates specifically in mind. I wondered if he could fill the extra safety postion since alot have suggested he was undersized for linebacker.

I love the 4-2-5 if you have the right safeties in place to run it. Bates would have been a great SS in the 4-2-5 due to his ability to play the run. Yes, he missed some tackles during his time, but he also made a lot. The 4-2-5 gives you flexibility against pro style and spread teams, but it also allows you to disguise where the pressure is coming from. I think Bates got taken out of a lot of plays because it was obvious what he was going to do.

I asked a question about the 4-2-5 earlier this week with Bates specifically in mind. I wondered if he could fill the extra safety postion since alot have suggested he was undersized for linebacker.

That's essentially what he played this year IMO

If it weren't for the fact he is a senior.

I asked a question about the 4-2-5 earlier this week with Bates specifically in mind. I wondered if he could have filled the extra safety postion since alot have suggested he was undersized for linebacker.

If it weren't for the fact he is a senior.

fixed it, but thanks for noticing

I like the 4-2-5 as well. I'm starting to really like the idea of Patterson on the Plains. I'm also starting to like the idea of Anderson from Utah State at AU. The guy can coach and his teams don't show fear of any team. AU should end up with a good coach no matter what occurs!

This is killing me! I'm checking everything every 5-10 minutes and there is NO juicy news today! It's been all bad. Patterson supposedly is waiting to see if Texas is gonna come open. Tennessee got turned down by Gruden so now that job is on the table for Patterson to ponder too. Petrino is supposedly 4th or 5th on our list or a "backup plan". Then Tim Brando says we are getting Dykes as our coach. Great.

Archived