Carnell to Miami Dolphins?

AURainman

Just snooping around on ESPN and saw this.

ESPN link

November 8, 2004

Scouts: Miami eyeing Cadillac?

With the Dolphins in desperate need of a running back, Carnell Williams could be the top pick in the draft.

There is a link to an Insider's article. Anyone an insider?!

Im a huge dolphins fan...i dont mind pulling for carnell...but what if CTT took the miami job? Lord that would put me in a pinch! :)

Looks like someone would be finding themselves a new NFL team. :lol:

Already started that Christmas "Wishlist" bg? :lol::lol::lol:

At the risk of reviving an old, overworked debate...

I still think I'd draft Ronnie ahead of Carnell if I ran a pro team. I think he has a sight edge in size, strength, and receiving hands.

But Carnell wouldn't be bad either.

That about the extent of Carnell's mention in the article. It says he and Cedric Benson are grading as the best RBs in college football. They have their top 32 college prospects listed. Here is the top 10 and other SEC rankings:

1. QB - Arron Rogers - Cal-Berkley (??!!)

2. WR - Mike Williams - USC (really, he's not playing for USC!)

3. DC - Antrel Rolle - Miami

4. RB - Carnell Williams - Auburn

5. QB - Matt Leinart - USC

6. OLB - Derrick Johnson - Texas

7. OT - Alex Brown - Florida State

8. RB - Cedric Benson - Texas

9. DE - Erasmus James - Wisconsin (love that name!)

10. RB - Ronnie Brown - Auburn

Other SEC players in the top 32:

12 . DE - David Pollack - Georgia

17. DC - Corey Webster - LSU

18. - DC - Thomas Davis - Georgia

Basically they say Miami needs a RB and Carnell is the best available college player at that position.

Last Year Kiper had Brandon Jacobs in his top 5 NFL backs for this year.

Since moving to Div1AA, wonder where, if at all, he is listed.

i bet the big fella will get picked. dunno where, but i'd guess round the 4th or 5th round. someone's going to be too interested in the size for him to go undrafted.

i'd still take caddilac. he's been the starter under four coordinators. they can't all be wrong. on top of that, he is a great punt returner, could return kickoffs in the pros, and he's shown he can catch the rock and do something with it. you're really stretching to say that caddy doesn't have nfl size. he's as big as emmitt smith was coming out of college, he's bigger than clinton portis is now, bigger than barry sanders was... it's just a poor excuse.

it could be a good year to find a running back though: caddilac, ronnie, cedric benson, maurice clarrett in the middle rounds, a lil jitterbug like darren sproles could be a dontae hall type game changer, lsu's backups tend to stick in the league so that bodes well for joseph addai, there are plenty more.

Is JC still being considered in the draft as a legit prospect? I remember hearing earlier in the year that NFL scouts were really looking at him, but haven't heard much as of late. Anyone know anything?

the list for top prospects? nah, they won't be. but i'd bet my car that clarrett gets drafted, and i just think someone's going to take a shot on jacobs.

and yeah, jason's a 6'5" 230 lb. qb with experience in multiple offenses, a strong, accurate arm, and a good head on his shoulders. he's not gonna be a first rounder or anything, but he's a better prospect than guys like craig krenzel or ken dorsey. he's a lock to get drafted.

Ill still be a dolphins fan. I didnt like david coaching and glad he's gone. if we get CTT (which wont happen) id still be a fan...not liking the dolphins coach is nothing new to me.

I will say though, id rather have CW on my dolphins team than Cedric Benson.

Is JC still being considered in the draft as a legit prospect?  I remember hearing earlier in the year that NFL scouts were really looking at him, but haven't heard much as of late.  Anyone know anything?

119656[/snapback]

I was watching the NFL Network last weekend on a Saturday night, for their College Gameday Review show, where they cover all the days highlights. One section they had, they spoke about players who have really improved their draft stock this year. One of the guys reports that Jason had improved his stock, going from a projected Post-Draft Free Agent, to possibly being drafted on the first day.

Sorry that I don't have a link, though.

Archived