Chizik to USC?

kickerman97

Pack the sun tan lotion coach...good luck on the "left-coast".

I immediately thought of Happy Gilmore...lol

even with all the flak hes gotten here

hes definitely HC material, where he goes he'll learn from the mistakes made here

it would be a HUGE step down if he went to USC

Totally disagree. Chizik has proved to be a disaster ultimately as a HC at both Iowa State and AU. He proved at AU that without Tub's recruits, Cam, Fairley, Gus and TRocker, he was the 5-19 coach we hired from Iowa State. As a DC he had very good success. It is highly unlikely any school from a decent conference gives Chizik a HC job. He needs to take the USCw DC job.

wde

hes definitely HC material, where he goes he'll learn from the mistakes made here

Totally disagree. Chizik has proved to be a disaster ultimately as a HC at both Iowa State and AU. He proved at AU that without Tub's recruits, Cam, Fairley, Gus and TRocker, he was the 5-19 coach we hired from Iowa State. As a DC he had very good success. It is highly unlikely any school from a decent conference gives Chizik a HC job. He needs to take the USCw DC job.

wde

I hate this argument. I know things went south this past year but to say that Chizik is a disaster of a HC is just ridiculous. He is one of a handful of coaches that can say he has won a BCS championship. That being said, I think he proved that the pressure of being the HC got to him. He has a much better consistent track record as a DC than HC.

Teams with BCS titles:

1998: Tennessee

1999: Florida State

2000: Oklahoma

2001: Miami (Florida)

2002: Ohio State

2003: LSU

2004: USC

2005: Texas

2006: Florida

2007: LSU

2008: Florida

2009: Alabama

2010: Auburn

2011: Alabama

All those teams had great players, and they also had coaches with great seasons.

wde

I hate this argument. I know things went south this past year but to say that Chizik is a disaster of a HC is just ridiculous. He is one of a handful of coaches that can say he has won a BCS championship. That being said, I think he proved that the pressure of being the HC got to him. He has a much better consistent track record as a DC than HC.

Teams with BCS titles:

All those teams had great players, and they also had coaches with great seasons.

Yeah, but the difference between Chizik and all the other coaches is that while Chizik was almost completely dependent on Malzahn, a coordinator, for success, other coaches (Saban, Meyer, Miles, Tressel, etc.) had complete control over their teams--those teams were their vision, and theirs only. Chizik, not so much. He is probably the luckiest head coach in college football history--Malzahn, Rocker, Cam, Nick, and Dyer (who was likely being kept in line by Cam), along with a handful of Tubs' experienced recruits, all fell in his lap perfectly. But it was not HIS machine, as Alabama is Saban's and LSU is Miles's.

wde

Teams with BCS titles:

Yeah, but the difference between Chizik and all the other coaches is that while Chizik was almost completely dependent on Malzahn, a coordinator, for success, other coaches (Saban, Meyer, Miles, Tressel, etc.) had complete control over their teams--those teams were their vision, and theirs only. Chizik, not so much. He is probably the luckiest head coach in college football history--Malzahn, Rocker, Cam, Nick, and Dyer (who was likely being kept in line by Cam), along with a handful of Tubs' experienced recruits, all fell in his lap perfectly. But it was not HIS machine, as Alabama is Saban's and LSU is Miles's.

That is what gives me sooo much confidence in Gus. He knows EXACTLY what he wants It's going to be a fun season next year IMO

wde

Teams with BCS titles:

You do remember how Meyer left that program at Florida right? He definitely didn't have any control over that team at all. He literally buried that program before he faked an illness to justify abandoning the program.

Archived