Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Joe Whitt Jr for DC is being mentioned.

is he a quality dc candidate? I know he was mentioned heavily in December and I did not know his qualifications then that got everyone jazzed. Of course he is his dads son and that says something

Yes, he would be a good hire IMO. He is a current coach for the Packers. Born in Auburn, went to Auburn HS, played at Auburn as a walk-on and earned a scholly. Has coached at the collegiate and NFL levels.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is Paul for oc. Dc is a good question. Hopefully Ellis Johnson or BVG. I think he might bring back Kevin Greene and joe Whitt jr. I also think trooper stays.

I like Ellis J. for DC. :Sing:

Isn't Ellis the one at UCSe that cried about Malzahn's offense?

My guess is Paul for oc. Dc is a good question. Hopefully Ellis Johnson or BVG. I think he might bring back Kevin Greene and joe Whitt jr. I also think trooper stays.

I like Ellis J. for DC. :Sing:

Isn't Ellis the one at UCSe that cried about Malzahn's offense?

He was also the guy that made UTA's Jim McElwain cry too.

I hope Petrino would consider Tracy Rocker as DC. Whatever T.Rocker is being paid for coaching in the NFL, It should be at least $400,000 - $500,000 more for being our new DC. I do not think CBV is the DC we were all hoping for. I honestly think he cannot defend against the spread. He would be better off going back to the NFL.

Another choice for DC might be the DC currently at Michigan (too lazy to stop and find out). He is as good if not better than the best DCs in the SEC.

I hope Petrino would consider Tracy Rocker as DC. Whatever T.Rocker is being paid for coaching in the NFL, It should be at least $400,000 - $500,000 more for being our new DC. I do not think CBV is the DC we were all hoping for. I honestly think he cannot defend against the spread. He would be better off going back to the NFL.

Another choice for DC might be the DC currently at Michigan (too lazy to stop and find out). He is as good if not better than the best DCs in the SEC.

Greg Mattison. One of the most highly regarded dc's in the nfl. He's a Michigan alumnus. If he leaves it would probably be to go back to nfl, but I think he likes where he is. I'd love to have him though.

People are posting like Petrino is a done deal. That could not be further from the truth. Everyone think for a minute. If Petrino was the #1 choice you would think he would have had an interview by now since he is not working and there be an annoucement before the end of the weekend, but that is not the case. The expected date keeps getting pushed back and is likely around Tuesday now. The likely reality is that BP is the back up plan to other candidates that JJ and the committee want.

People are posting like Petrino is a done deal. That could not be further from the truth. Everyone think for a minute. If Petrino was the #1 choice you would think he would have had an interview by now since he is not working and there be an annoucement before the end of the weekend, but that is not the case. The expected date keeps getting pushed back and is likely around Tuesday now. The likely reality is that BP is the back up plan to other candidates that JJ and the committee want.

back on the Gus Bus... :bananadance:

back on the Gus Bus... :bananadance:/>

Gus with rocker. ...

My main issue is that I think it would be too easy to recruit against Petrino...negative recruiting is often very effective. With his past issues he would get crushed and we would be left with the scraps

If Gus Malzahn is named the new coach then I think we will have more than one person waiting for the search committee at the airport. :boxing:

:wareagle:

We will have idiots there no matter what happens and who is hired. Dumb people are just dumb.

My main issue is that I think it would be too easy to recruit against Petrino...negative recruiting is often very effective. With his past issues he would get crushed and we would be left with the scraps

You are over worried about that. Recruits, especially on offense, have privately indicated they would come to Auburn if Petrino is coach.

We'll get football players but may have problems filling out the cheerleading squad

We'll get football players but may have problems filling out the cheerleading squad

Ok I know you're just joking but it's post like these that are the most ignorant to me. The ones that are saying women would be uncomfortable with BP working in the athletic office. Suggesting one would claim some sort of sexual harrasment suit. Yes, he had an affair but I missed the part were he was accused of being a sexual deviant or pervert.

Ok I know you're just joking but it's post like these that are the most ignorant to me. The ones that are saying women would be uncomfortable with BP working in the athletic office. Suggesting one would claim some sort of sexual harrasment suit. Yes, he had an affair but I missed the part were he was accused of being a sexual deviant or pervert.

Didn't you hear? Having a consensual relationship outside your marriage is the new sexual harassment....

Didn't you hear? Having a consensual relationship outside your marriage is the new sexual harassment....

^^^^^^^^^^

:happydance:

I bet John Bobbitt would agree with you...

If he ever hires a female to work in the football complex, she will be "eyed" sternly by many a folk though.

And, you can't tell me that the pretty young trim that graces the AU campus every single day wouldn't be more than a little leary if Coach Petrino gave them a glance or two. Most young girls are cautious of horny old geezers these days, they are at least atuned to the "vibe" they give off.

Give us some hints E!

If Gus Malzahn is named the new coach then I think we will have more than one person waiting for the search committee at the airport. :boxing:

:wareagle:

I'll be there to congratulate them!

Archived