Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main issue is that I think it would be too easy to recruit against Petrino...negative recruiting is often very effective. With his past issues he would get crushed and we would be left with the scraps

I tend to agree, but the pro-Petrino crowd won't listen to anything negative about him even if it is totally, 100% true!

If Gus Malzahn is named the new coach then I think we will have more than one person waiting for the search committee at the airport. :boxing:

:wareagle:

I'll be there to congratulate them!

I'm sure plenty will line up to convince the rest of us what a great hire it was just like they did with CGC. I didn't buy their reasoning back then & I wouldn't buy it from people selling Malzahn. I'm just not a big fan of mediocrity.

If Gus Malzahn is named the new coach then I think we will have more than one person waiting for the search committee at the airport. :boxing:

:wareagle:

I'll be there to congratulate them!

I'm sure plenty will line up to convince the rest of us what a great hire it was just like they did with CGC. I didn't buy their reasoning back then & I wouldn't buy it from people selling Malzahn. I'm just not a big fan of mediocrity.

2010 was pretty medium. so is going 8-5 twice without a QB!

Those of you who know me know I'm not one to start rumors or have too much inside info. I usually just voice my opinion and move on. I was just told by a realtor in the lake Martin area that BP is starting to house shop. Now wether or not he is just looking to see what is available just in case or it he is the next coach I have no clue.

People are posting like Petrino is a done deal. That could not be further from the truth. Everyone think for a minute. If Petrino was the #1 choice you would think he would have had an interview by now since he is not working and there be an annoucement before the end of the weekend, but that is not the case. The expected date keeps getting pushed back and is likely around Tuesday now. The likely reality is that BP is the back up plan to other candidates that JJ and the committee want.

Give us some hints E!

I have no hints to give. Just stated a likely reality based on info available.

So some are saying the decision is being moved till Tuesday so it isn't BP, others are saying he is house hunting at Lake Martin so it is BP. Which is it?

Also where did we find out the decision/announcement will be Tuesday?

volleyball.jpg

Look at where the setter's hands are...I could not resist.

So you are saying 1 in 4 women want us to hire BP?

Well, one in four volleyball players. There's always one in every crowd... :laugh:

volleyball.jpg

Look at where the setter's hands are...I could not resist.

So you are saying 1 in 4 women want us to hire BP?

Well that is one way of looking at it. :laugh:

People are posting like Petrino is a done deal. That could not be further from the truth. Everyone think for a minute. If Petrino was the #1 choice you would think he would have had an interview by now since he is not working and there be an annoucement before the end of the weekend, but that is not the case. The expected date keeps getting pushed back and is likely around Tuesday now. The likely reality is that BP is the back up plan to other candidates that JJ and the committee want.

Give us some hints E!

Thanks, any interviews today?

Give us some hints E!

This is exactly what I said earlier today in a thread no longer in existence. If Bobby was the guy why wait? Why waste time and MONEY flying all over the country if you had no real intention hiring someone else.

My main issue is that I think it would be too easy to recruit against Petrino...negative recruiting is often very effective. With his past issues he would get crushed and we would be left with the scraps

I tend to agree, but the pro-Petrino crowd won't listen to anything negative about him even if it is totally, 100% true!

that is not true. I and others have understood the reservations some people have with BP. Pro-BP folks have even stated they would be ok with other hires. I would prefer one of the three coach P's. BP being my preferred choice. I believe those 3 are more better options due to their greater experiences as HC and each of the 3 have done great things, namely win, at their schhols

Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. You're talking about a lot of players who come from single parent homes already. They don't expect pristine men to be recruiting their son. They do want to know their son's talent isn't going to be squandered with poor coaching and lack of discipline.

So some are saying the decision is being moved till Tuesday so it isn't BP, others are saying he is house hunting at Lake Martin so it is BP. Which is it?

Never said it would concretely be Tuesaday. Just said it looks to be around Tuesday since no interviews started yesterday as projected.

that is not true. I and others have understood the reservations some people have with BP. Pro-BP folks have even stated they would be ok with other hires. I would prefer one of the three coach P's. BP being my preferred choice. I believe those 3 are more better options due to their greater experiences as HC and each of the 3 have done great things, namely win, at their schhols

Thanks! :)

Never said it would concretely be Tuesaday. Just said it looks to be around Tuesday since no interviews started yesterday as projected.

Thanks, any word on Petrino house hunting?

Give us some hints E!

Not that I know of yet but that does not mean any have not happened.

Thanks, any word on Petrino house hunting?

Have not heard that before the post on the previous page.

Give us some hints E!

Not that I know of yet but that does not mean any have not happened.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. You're talking about a lot of players who come from single parent homes already. They don't expect pristine men to be recruiting their son. They do want to know their son's talent isn't going to be squandered with poor coaching and lack of discipline.

Plus, time heals all wounds. If he can stay out of trouble for a couple of years, win some big games, and put a few guys in the NFL, don't you think folks will stop talking about that stuff? They'll start to sound silly after a while if they're all like "I know Auburn's a top ten program that puts four or five guys in the NFL every year, but the coach had an affair one time."

Plus, time heals all wounds. If he can stay out of trouble for a couple of years, win some big games, and put a few guys in the NFL, don't you think folks will stop talking about that stuff? They'll start to sound silly after a while if they're all like "I know Auburn's a top ten program that puts four or five guys in the NFL every year, but the coach had an affair one time."

You guys still don't get it... it is not about the affair, it is about lying to university officials about it when confronted, hiring her in the first place, exposing the university to lawsuits and a little thing about quitting on Atlanta in mid season. I dare say the number of college football coaches who have stepped out on their wives is staggering.

Archived