Who was coach X?

WarDamn2010

It was BP...JJ called for a pre interview conversation:

JJ: Good afternoon coach..hi are ya doin?

BP: Great Jay, nice to hear from you

JJ: Got our committee here and we had a couple questions before we decide about askin ya to come by for a face t face.

BP: Sure Jay..whatya got?

Jj: When Arky terminated you there was an $18 million buyout yet you never pursued it and we read that you would not contest it. Frankly that's kinda strange. Could you fill us in on why you let the buyout go?

BP: uh, uh, good luck on your search guys

JJ: OK Bobby .......you have a good day

I think depending on who you talk to it was one of two guys: Jeff Fisher or Bob Stoops. I think Stoops expressed some interest in the job but it never got beyond that, probably due to not only him having a cush deal at OU but also because of Jacobs in the AD office.

Those are some pretty specific sourceless details. Granted JJ bashing is hip these days but don't the rules say something about sources? Admin?

he said "I think", I'm guessing he could count as a source for his own thoughts....

Chill out guys...Just curious as to who it was being that it was never said. As for who cares, me...and I'm sure some other people would like to know as well. I'm glad we got Gus(Must admit though, I wasn't at first, but the presser sold me) Anyway, if you don't have a legitimate answer to the question, why waste your time answering it?

I agree. I'd like to know who they were talking about too. If JJ messed up a better opportunity, then I think it's worth knowing.

It wasn't Jeff Fisher. Kill that stupid BS rumour with fire already. HE WAS NOT LEAVING ST. LOUIS.

Fisher did in fact get an AU offer. He was the first offered.

Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Archived