Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

So correct TG, new foundation for a new beginning. Hopes springs eternal on the plains. I've been looking for something to smile about for months. Now the Gus Bus is full and my 2012 graduated son found a job in his field of study. It starts with a foundation, followed by work, hard work....

Little doc

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, welcome to Auburn, Coach Horton. Another great hire by Gus.

So correct TG, new foundation for a new beginning. Hopes springs eternal on the plains. I've been looking for something to smile about for months. Now the Gus Bus is full and my 2012 graduated son found a job in his field of study. It starts with a foundation, followed by work, hard work....

Little doc

Ordinarily, I wouldn't comment on such a thing. But in these times, your newly graduated son getting a job in his chosen field is outstanding. Well-played and congratulations!

Little doc

Congrats to you both. WDE

Dont know if anybody hit on this earlier in thread but does Horton bring any chance at some RBs we were not looking at? I know Tenpenny is probably out of the picture, heard he was a soft verbal and maybe looking at ARK..

Dont know if anybody hit on this earlier in thread but does Horton bring any chance at some RBs we were not looking at? I know Tenpenny is probably out of the picture, heard he was a soft verbal and maybe looking at ARK..

Tenpenny's response probably created angst in Hog country. Much like opinions expressed here when the house cleaning began and commits pulled out to see what would happen. Funny thing is rabid posters on both sites said similar things about staff changes- "Glad he's gone, he wasn't any good, the new guy is an upgrade".

More thoughtful posters (on both sides) then said - "OMG, he's our best recruiter - what'll we do!"

Time will answer all these questions, but all in all, when you pull the recruiting coordinators from your regional competition - that's as strong indicator life will be even better with the new bosses. We wont be fooled again.

Im following (like most) this recruiting class so hard and going through the up & down rollercoaster with our 4-5* recruits. So close im not getting the full feel of excitement from the future of our recruiting with this staff. I was pretty shure when Gus got the job the days of top rank recruiting was probably gonna go away for a while but this is very very impressive. More exciting than the 2013 recruiting class in progress IMO

Saying that, im almost to the point that if we get Lawson, Liner, Foster, it will be a great day for AU fans. But the way we are looking at new prospects and even more now that we have added more top recruiters im sure. Losing those guys will be easier than it would've been a month ago all at once..

I think we just might be in really good hands. That's AUBstate stand. Get it? Allstate stand? The insurance commercial... Anyone? ;)

Im following (like most) this recruiting class so hard and going through the up & down rollercoaster with our 4-5* recruits. So close im not getting the full feel of excitement from the future of our recruiting with this staff. I was pretty shure when Gus got the job the days of top rank recruiting was probably gonna go away for a while but this is very very impressive. More exciting than the 2013 recruiting class in progress IMO

Saying that, im almost to the point that if we get Lawson, Liner, Foster, it will be a great day for AU fans. But the way we are looking at new prospects and even more now that we have added more top recruiters im sure. Losing those guys will be easier than it would've been a month ago all at once..

I think we just might be in really good hands. That's AUBstate stand. Get it? Allstate stand? The insurance commercial... Anyone? ;)

Hard to be protected from Mayhem like 2012...............

Results are to be proven, however, I am pleased with the staff we have and their potential to attract and coach .

As Coach Malzahn said , both the recruits previously committed and the new staff are both evaluating each other.

Potential doesn't count if it can't be developed.

So anyone believe Horton will have input in helping coach the rb's?

I personally think there will be a lot of people helping in areas other than what their title says they were hired for.

Archived