Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon is guilty ..they are just awaiting punishment....the alleged investigation Forde was quoting was the Jovon inquiry....what ruffles my feathers is its always AU mentioned on media sites, nothing on Oregon, LSU, Updyke U etc....

Media knows AU would get the most hits. Our history does not help us nor did the cam debacle. Same reason they promote stories about Tim Tebow.

Every time the Bammers and the Bammer media write something incriminating about Auburn, half our folks jump on the bandwagon. Bama has secondary violations all the time and no one makes a big deal out of it. Trooper Taylor is a crackerjack recruiter and the bammers hated him. So, our redneck division joined up with them. Shameful.

Every time the Bammers and the Bammer media write something incriminating about Auburn, half our folks jump on the bandwagon. Bama has secondary violations all the time and no one makes a big deal out of it. Trooper Taylor is a crackerjack recruiter and the bammers hated him. So, our redneck division joined up with them. Shameful.

Who cares about Alabama? Bottomline, I am tired of any type of violations. I am tired of the continued bad rep, players getting kicked out, arrested, etc. I live in Arkansas and I can vouch that Horton is a stand up guy. I do hope we get him. He recruits well in Arkansas and the Dallas area. He also goes after some good character guys.

Who cares about Alabama? Bottomline, I am tired of any type of violations. I am tired of the continued bad rep, players getting kicked out, arrested, etc. I live in Arkansas and I can vouch that Horton is a stand up guy. I do hope we get him. He recruits well in Arkansas and the Dallas area. He also goes after some good character guys.

We should care about them. They're our in state rival and have been to the NC game 3 times out of the last 4 years.

I am saying Gregg Knox for Running Back coach!!!!!

We should care about them. They're our in state rival and have been to the NC game 3 times out of the last 4 years.

Why should we care what accolades Bama has? We need to worry about Auburn and what is neccessary to get us back to competing. I acknowledge that Bama is quite good, but why should I or any of us care what Bama is doing? What Saban is doing there works for them. No, Let's worrry about AU and Gus leading our boys to victory.

Any plan can work if everyone is onboard with it and it is fundamentaily sound.

Coach Malzahn appears to have a plan he follows to evaluate people he wants to part of his program.

His O picks have been people he has either coached or has had the opportunuity to observe closely.

His screening seems to be based on ability to teach his O, character and ability to recruit.

If he thinks Horton is a good fit then he probably will be.

What coaches on previous staff were investigated by the NCAA?

Trooper and I think either Luper or Thigpen.

Got dates and other details for that claim? I've never heard of any of the above three being the target of an NCAA investigation. PS: Information provided by Danny Sheridan does not count.

It has been repeatedly said on these boards that Trooper, and I believe Luper, were the reason for the secondary violations that we have had the past four years.

Every team has secondary violations. Every one. The question was about being the target of an NCAA investigation, People keep saying there is one...but there isn't. Trooper and Luper were back on the road recruiting for AU prior to being let go. That alone should tell you something.

No one I have seen can point to any proof at all that Trooper, Luper or any other coach on the prior AU staff is under NCAA investigation. There has been no letter and no announcement. All there's been is a few articles a few months back when Trooper and Luper were pulled off the road and those were based on "anonymous sources." Once Trooper and Luper went back on the road, whatever those "sources" had claimed was potentially cooking was done.

I am sure they were pulled of the recruiting track for vacation time, right? I have never heard Horton being pulled of the recruiting track. All you have to do is google and you can see ESPN, Yahoo an USA today all say the same. Mind you, the NCAA can investigate anything. It is not the same as an LOI.

I personally gave no idea about it. However, citing espn about something factual regarding auburn is foolish. Yahoo is no better.

They may have been pulled off the road because the staff was td they were not being retained.

What about CBS sports? AOL sports online? Sports Illustrated? All six of those sources I named are lying?

That's not six sources. They were all repeating the same reports from the same places. That's just the same "anonymous sources" being carried in multiple outlets. What you're trying to do here with your "six sources" claim is akin to having the same AP news story on Drudge, in the NY Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer and the Opelika-Auburn News and calling it "six sources" because six different outlets carried it.

Know how many actual sources you have for this supposed investigation/alleged violations? Zero.

..... You can call it a bunch of nothing if you want, but it is well documented that we were being investigated. Now, obviously nothing came of it so the investigation has ended.

It is not documented at all. All we've seen is six or seven different media types quoting the same anonymous source. The deal, if there was any, was over before the lying vultures even got wind of it. For all we know Jackie Sheridan called one of his media buddys and started that ball rolling.

..... You can call it a bunch of nothing if you want, but it is well documented that we were being investigated. Now, obviously nothing came of it so the investigation has ended.

It is not documented at all. All we've seen is six or seven different media types quoting the same anonymous source. The deal, if there was any, was over before the lying vultures even got wind of it. For all we know Jackie Sheridan called one of his media buddys and started that ball rolling.

I don't think Dean grasps the meaning of the phrase "well documented."

Someone asked "Why should we care what accolades Bama has?" well I can think f many, but I'll only list 2 of them.

#1. We should hear it enough that should be sick and tired of them getting all the glory every freaking years.

#2. We sould want the same kind of glory for our side. Therefore, we should hire the best coaches and sing the best players that's out there so we can get back facing Bammer head on every without getting blow out like they've done to us 3 out of the past 5 years.

Assuming Horton to AU, what would be the hold-up in announcing now that Arky has named their new RB coach? Any logical explanations?

Yes. Horton is mulling an offer from Gus/Auburn, but not for RB coach.

What is it for then?

Likely WRs. Another thing to consider is that Horton has strong attachments to Arky and Bielema has apparently lefy open the possibility that Horton could be retained in some capacity.

If Horton comes over and coaches WR's, and since we're not shying away from experienced coaches, they why not hit up Gary Campbell from OR as RB coach? Probably one of the most well known position coaches in the country so would be a boost for national recruiting, especially at the RB position. He's a TX native and may be interested in getting back south for his last hoorah, and given the likelihood of NCAA sanctions in duckland, he may not want to go out on a sour note. A long shot, but haven't heard of any other compelling RB candidates of late.

What coaches on previous staff were investigated by the NCAA?

Trooper and I think either Luper or Thigpen.

Got dates and other details for that claim? I've never heard of any of the above three being the target of an NCAA investigation. PS: Information provided by Danny Sheridan does not count.

It has been repeatedly said on these boards that Trooper, and I believe Luper, were the reason for the secondary violations that we have had the past four years.

Every team has secondary violations. Every one. The question was about being the target of an NCAA investigation, People keep saying there is one...but there isn't. Trooper and Luper were back on the road recruiting for AU prior to being let go. That alone should tell you something.

No one I have seen can point to any proof at all that Trooper, Luper or any other coach on the prior AU staff is under NCAA investigation. There has been no letter and no announcement. All there's been is a few articles a few months back when Trooper and Luper were pulled off the road and those were based on "anonymous sources." Once Trooper and Luper went back on the road, whatever those "sources" had claimed was potentially cooking was done.

I am sure they were pulled of the recruiting track for vacation time, right? I have never heard Horton being pulled of the recruiting track. All you have to do is google and you can see ESPN, Yahoo an USA today all say the same. Mind you, the NCAA can investigate anything. It is not the same as an LOI.

They were pulled off because there were accusations. And then they were back on. What does them being back on tell you about those accusations?

ESPN, Yahoo and USA Today all say the same...bunch of nothing. All quote unnamed sources and not one official word from anyone. Reminds me of the Cam crapola. Why are so many AU "fans" so willing to believe this kind of crapola now after spending the last several years calling it for what it is?

Trooper and Luper were back on the recruiting trail for AU before they were let go. There is no NCAA investigation.

You yourself just said they were pulled because of supposed accusations than you sit here and say there was no investigation. How can you pull someone from a job and put them back on without some type of investigation? If the NCAA wasn't investigating anything than why pull them at all? Mike Leach was accused of something far more worst at Washington State, but he was not pulled. You can be accused of a crime and the police can investigate, yet they don't have to serve you with a warrant for an arrest. Same with the NCAA. Mind you, why would the NCAA put out what they are doing to the public? I never known for them to do that with their name stamped on it. Why would this be any different. Not many knew about the cam debacle till ESPN broke a news story about it. Yes, AU, SEC and the ncaa knew but not the general public. We will have to agree to disagree. Bottomline, I want Horton. Carry on.

How about the wr coach at OK State and the rb coach at Michigan State they have had a pretty tough rushing offense it seems.

IS there an argument about whether or not Auburn was being investigated? Is there a point to the argument or is it simply an argument for argument's sake? And for the record..what exactly did all those reporters you mentioned know about the "Cam debacle" you referred to? Seems clear to me they didn't know sqaut. had they known anything, I have to believe Cam would've been ruled ineligible to play. The point is.....it was a story perpetuated by a bunch of unknown sources. Im sorry but that does not constitute knowing anything!Oh, and one other thing..the NCAA does indeed have to issue a formal inquiry before they sanction a program. That gives the program in question formal notice and a specified timeline to respond to the issues they bring to the programs attention

IS there an argument about whether or not Auburn was being investigated? Is there a point to the argument or is it simply an argument for argument's sake? And for the record..what exactly did all those reporters you mentioned know about the "Cam debacle" you referred to? Seems clear to me they didn't know sqaut. had they known anything, I have to believe Cam would've been ruled ineligible to play. The point is.....it was a story perpetuated by a bunch of unknown sources. Im sorry but that does not constitute knowing anything!

The argument stemmed from me saying Tim Horton would be good for AU because he is squeaky clean. I have never heard him being pulled off recruiting trails or his name placided of potential violations by the media. He recruits outstanding young men and his recruits have a high retention rate in College. Now, the point I was making was not if Cam was guilty or not. Only the fact that they alerted the nation that there was indeed an investigation. Mind you, there was something to the story since Cecil Newton did in fact admit to asking Miss. State for money. This in fact would have made him ineligible under the NCAA guidelines. Thankful for us the NCAA did find a gray area to the rule. This led to the new "Cecil Newton Rule".

Who, in this board's opinion, are the best RB and WR coaches that might be available for any reason ?

OK State wr coach cause we can pay him more

Wisconsin rb coach cause his old coach left and we can pay him.

IS there an argument about whether or not Auburn was being investigated? Is there a point to the argument or is it simply an argument for argument's sake? And for the record..what exactly did all those reporters you mentioned know about the "Cam debacle" you referred to? Seems clear to me they didn't know sqaut. had they known anything, I have to believe Cam would've been ruled ineligible to play. The point is.....it was a story perpetuated by a bunch of unknown sources. Im sorry but that does not constitute knowing anything!

The argument stemmed from me saying Tim Horton would be good for AU because he is squeaky clean. I have never heard him being pulled off recruiting trails or his name placided of potential violations by the media. He recruits outstanding young men and his recruits have a high retention rate in College. Now, the point I was making was not if Cam was guilty or not. Only the fact that they alerted the nation that there was indeed an investigation. Mind you, there was something to the story since Cecil Newton did in fact admit to asking Miss. State for money. This in fact would have made him ineligible under the NCAA guidelines. Thankful for us the NCAA did find a gray area to the rule. This led to the new "Cecil Newton Rule".

The "Cecil Newton Rule" is actually the "Andre Smith Rule". Remember him sitting out of the Sugar Bowl? Uncle had a hand out.

The "Cecil Newton Rule" is actually the "Andre Smith Rule". Remember him sitting out of the Sugar Bowl? Uncle had a hand out.

That's true...thank Goodness Cam didn't have to sit out any games. Though under this new rule, He would have to...

Archived