Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

Wow, this is unbelievable! Get the popcorn ready... This next month is going to be EXCITING

Indeed. I read today that the reason there was not a presser for RB and DC yesterday was because they were out recruiting. :hellyeah:

I hope not. I don't think they can be out recruiting yet.

I thought the dead period ended yesterday?

I may be wrong, but I think it ends at midnight tonight.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely amazing that he has been able to assemble such a great staff of coaches/recruiters!

Great work CGM!!!

One point I think we're forgetting when some of us worry about the chemistry of the staff is that a lot of them have experience working with each other before. I think that will help a lot.

I think this indicates that a LOT of good coaches think Gus is a hot coach to hitch onto. Should make for an interesting close to the recruiting season. Look for the "Bag Man" rhetoric to go into overdrive now.

Wow, this is unbelievable! Get the popcorn ready... This next month is going to be EXCITING

Indeed. I read today that the reason there was not a presser for RB and DC yesterday was because they were out recruiting. :hellyeah:

I hope not. I don't think they can be out recruiting yet.

I thought the dead period ended yesterday?

I may be wrong, but I think it ends at midnight tonight.

Here we go.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Recruiting+Calendars/2012-13/2012-13+NCAA+Division+I+Football+Recruiting+Calendar

The dates in this calendar reflect the application of Bylaw 13.17.4 at the time of publication of this document but are subject to change per NCAA Constitution 5.2.3.1 or if certain dates change (e.g., National Letter of Intent signing dates).

(a) August 1 through November 24, 2012, [except for (1) below]: Quiet Period

(1) 42 evaluation days (54 for U.S. service academies) (see Bylaw 13.02.6.2) during the months of September, October and November, (not to exceed a period of 42 days) selected at the discretion of the institution and designated in writing in the office of the director of athletics; authorized off-campus recruiters shall not visit a prospective student-athlete’s educational institution on more than one calendar day during this period: Evaluation Period

(B) November 25, 2012, through February 2, 2013, [except for (1) through (5) below]: Contact Period

Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week:

(1) December 16, 2012: Quiet Period

(2) December 17, 2012, through January 3, 2013, [except for (a) below]: Dead Period

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students:

(3) January 4-6, 2013, all junior college prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear: Quiet Period

(4) January 6, 2013: Quiet Period

(5) January 7-10, 2013, [except for (a) below]:

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a

prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear

enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter

of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to

attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend

institutional orientation sessions for all students:

© February 3, 2013: Quiet Period

(d) February 4-7, 2013: Dead Period

(e) February 8 through April 14, 2013: Quiet Period

(f) April 15 through May 31, 2013, [except for (g) below]: Evaluation Period

One hundred sixty-eight evaluation days (216 for U.S. service academies)

(see Bylaw 13.02.6.2) (excluding Memorial Day and Sundays) selected at

the discretion of the member institution and designated in writing in the

office of the director of athletics [as provided in (1) below]:

(1) An authorized off-campus recruiter may use one evaluation to

assess the prospective student-athlete’s athletics ability and one

evaluation to assess the prospective student-athlete’s academic

qualifications during this evaluation period). If an institution’s

coaching staff member conducts both an athletics and an academic

evaluation of the prospective student-athlete on the same day during

this evaluation period, the institution shall be charged with the use

of an academics evaluation only and shall be permitted to conduct a

second athletics evaluation of the prospective student-athlete on a

separate day during this evaluation period.

(g) Those days in April/May not designated above for evaluation

opportunities: Quiet Period

(h) June 1 through July 31, 2013: Quiet Period

One point I think we're forgetting when some of us worry about the chemistry of the staff is that a lot of them have experience working with each other before. I think that will help a lot.

I really am not concerned with them not being able to get along, at all. These are professional guys. They understand that the success of the team means success for their portfolio. Besides Coach Johnson, I would suspect every one of them would like to be a HC.

I am very happy to see that Tim Horton has accepted the offer to become Auburn's new TEs coach. Good for us to get the services of an excellent coach, recruiter, and man. Good for Coach Horton because he doesn't have to live or work in Redneck Hollow any longer. As Lou Holtz once said:Fayetteville may not be the end of the world, but you sure can see the end of the world from there. Anyway, I have no doubt at all that Tim Horton will clean up real good after getting out from under that Arky stink. Fact: In Arkansas the wife of a newly-elected governor is required by law to wear a red plastic pig hat to the inaugural ball,er, square dance.

I am very happy to see that Tim Horton has accepted the offer to become Auburn's new TEs coach. Good for us to get the services of an excellent coach, recruiter, and man. Good for Coach Horton because he doesn't have to live or work in Redneck Hollow any longer. As Lou Holtz once said:Fayetteville may not be the end of the world, but you sure can see the end of the world from there. Anyway, I have no doubt at all that Tim Horton will clean up real good after getting out from under that Arky stink. Fact: In Arkansas the wife of a newly-elected governor is required by law to wear a red plastic pig hat to the inaugural ball,er, square dance.

He is an alumnus of Arkansas which Im sure you already know but....just sayin, he was probably very happy to be there.

He is an alumnus of Arkansas which Im sure you already know but....just sayin, he was probably very happy to be there.

I would say that he was probably content there until the big guy from up north was hired. From what they say about him, his ego fills up the room before he enters.

i think the fact that most of these guys made the moves that they did demonstrate the respect Malzahn has earned as a coach in a relatively short amount of time. If these seasoned coaches are willing to take a seat on the Gus Bus, then it should tell us how much potential they see in Malzahn and the overall direction of the program.

I would say that he was probably content there until the big guy from up north was hired. From what they say about him, his ego fills up the room before he enters.

Well, the SEC will humble his ego QUITE a bit I predict.

Aiumnus shalumnus. And pigs are usually happy in to be in the slop. Coach Horton is one of the rare, lucky Arkansans to overcome the misfortune of being born and forced to grow up in the Pig State. He was surely meant for bigger and better things,i.e., coaching at Auburn. If. as you say, Coach Horton was probably very happy to be at Arkansas, imagine how much happier he will be after he arrives on the Plains.

Blueridge,

A slight anti - little piggie bias there ?

I just think Arkansas, although scenic in some portions of the northern part of the state, is a pit of poverty, despair. and drunken misbehaviour. I lived in Memphis for 5 years and when I lay abed at night during those years, I found sleep elusive at the thought that only the Mississippi River and the DeSoto Bridge separated civilization from the dark pig state of Arkansas. P.S. True story: in my family records it states that a younger son of my great-great-great-great grandfather left Virginia, went to Arkansas, and was never heard of again. The pigs got him!

Gus continues to amaze me with these great hires! I think toward the end, these last coaches to be hired saw what Gus was assembling and wanted to be a part of it. I think he is also very well respected and knew the kind of man Gus is. NO WAY BP could have gotten all these caliber of coaches on board.

Gus continues to amaze me with these great hires! I think toward the end, these last coaches to be hired saw what Gus was assembling and wanted to be a part of it. I think he is also very well respected and knew the kind of man Gus is. NO WAY BP could have gotten all these caliber of coaches on board.

:hellyeah:

+1

Agreed!! I believe we would have kept at least three of the old staff if BP were hired.

Oh, so freaking happy! I have not stopped smiling for the last 24 hours...what's usually etched is now permanently engraved! Coach Gus Malzahn, you have my support, prayers, and gratitude for the unfolding of this incredible new chapter in Auburn football history! :wareagle:

Archived