Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

Where did you get info suggesting that Cecil asked MSU for money? Thats a fabricated myth and simply not what the NCAA found or even imnplied in their findings.

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

http://www.ncaa.org/...y of Cam Newton

http://www.ncaa.org/...ition of agents

So why would the NCAA produce a rule called the "Cecil Newton" rule? I am done arguing about this.

If he had been found guilty of asking for money, his son would've been ruled ineligible. All they found was that he was involved in a conversation in which a proposition was offerred. He listened to it but never followed up on it. You seem awfully entangled in this as if you're emotionally invested in being right about it. I dont get it. The NCAA did nothing because there is no rule against listening to a propostion. Interestingly enough, the MSU booster who made the proposition was permanently disassociated from their program. Meanwhile, Cam played because in reality neither he nor his father broke any rules. So yeah, they passed a new rule..so what?

You wanted to know where i got my info and I gave it to you from the mouth of the NCAA. It says all you need to know on why he was allowed to play and why the rule was placed.

Where did you get info suggesting that Cecil asked MSU for money? Thats a fabricated myth and simply not what the NCAA found or even imnplied in their findings.

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

So why would the NCAA produce a rule called the "Cecil Newton" rule? I am done arguing about this.

If he had been found guilty of asking for money, his son would've been ruled ineligible. All they found was that he was involved in a conversation in which a proposition was offerred. He listened to it but never followed up on it. You seem awfully entangled in this as if you're emotionally invested in being right about it. I dont get it. The NCAA did nothing because there is no rule against listening to a propostion. Interestingly enough, the MSU booster who made the proposition was permanently disassociated from their program. Meanwhile, Cam played because in reality neither he nor his father broke any rules. So yeah, they passed a new rule..so what?

You wanted to know where i got my info and I gave it to you from the mouth of the NCAA. It says all you need to know on why he was allowed to play and why the rule was placed.

The info you presented did not bare out the claims you made specifically relative Cecil Newton admitting to asking for money...THAT was what i was inquiring about and THAT is what you still have not answered!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The info you presented did not bare out the claims you made specifically relative Cecil Newton admitting to asking for money...THAT was what i was inquiring about and THAT is what you still have not answered!

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football.

What else could this statement mean, sir?

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football.

if he had been found guilty of asking for money why didnt the report just come out and say he asked for money? hmmmm...Call me crazy but, Im betting the reason it didn't say that, is because thats NOT the facts of the case. Sure, he was approached and propositioned..he listened. Im still waiting on your proof that Cecil Newton ADMITTED that he asked for money. NOTHING you've copied and pasted thus far supports that bogus claim! Evidently, you're arguing with your self because you're NOT responding to my posts.

if he had been found guilty of asking for money why didnt the report just come out and say he asked for money? hmmmm...Call me carazy but, Im betting the reason it didn't say that, is because thats NOT the facts of the case. Sure, he was approached and propositioned..he listened. Im still waiting on your proof that Cecil newton ADMITTED that he asked for money. NOTHING you've copied and pasted thus far supports that bogus claim! Evidently, you're arguing with your self because you're NOT responding to my posts.

just listening doesn't get reprimanded from the NCAA, Sir. Just listening doesn't cause Auburn to barr you from Athletic events. I just gave you the NCAA statement of the issue. It clearly says that both them and Auburn agreed that newton was in fact apart of a pay for play scheme that was unknown to Cam and because of so he was reprimanded by both parties. Cecil never fought against the claim of the NCAA or Auburn. Cecil abided by Auburn's ruling. In fact, they even created a new law because of so. If you cannot grasp all of this than thats on you.

While I enjoy a good hijacking, this thread is still alive and relevant and concerns AU staffing considerations.

So, perhaps this edge of the seat news would be appreciated more on one of the uaT forums.

Check you favorites list and resume it over there if you please.

if he had been found guilty of asking for money why didnt the report just come out and say he asked for money? hmmmm...Call me carazy but, Im betting the reason it didn't say that, is because thats NOT the facts of the case. Sure, he was approached and propositioned..he listened. Im still waiting on your proof that Cecil newton ADMITTED that he asked for money. NOTHING you've copied and pasted thus far supports that bogus claim! Evidently, you're arguing with your self because you're NOT responding to my posts.

just listening doesn't get reprimanded from the NCAA, Sir. Just listening doesn't cause Auburn to barr you from Athletic events. I just gave you the NCAA statement of the issue. It clearly says that both them and Auburn agreed that newton was in fact apart of a pay for play scheme that was unknown to Cam and because of so he was reprimanded by both parties. Cecil never fought against the claim of the NCAA or Auburn. Cecil abided by Auburn's ruling. In fact, they even created a new law because of so. If you cannot grasp all of this than thats on you.

You have NOT posted one single shred of evidence supporting the bogus claim you made earlier that Cecil Newton admitted that he asked for money. Either admit you were wrong or post the proof. Thats all I need to see...not your self righteous posturing about what actions receive what from the NCAA..just prove your claim or simply STFU. Oh and BTW...there was NOTHING for Cecil Newton to fight. his son WAS NOT ruled ineligible to play

While I enjoy a good hijacking, this thread is still alive and relevant and concerns AU staffing considerations.

So, perhaps this edge of the seat news would be appreciated more on one of the uaT forums.

My apologies

You have NOT posted one single shred of evidence supporting the bogus claim you made earlier that Cecil Newton admitted that he asked for money. Either admit you were wrong or post the proof. Thats all I need to see...not your self righteous posturing about what actions receive what from the NCAA..just prove your claim or simply STFU. Oh and BTW...there was NOTHING for Cecil Newton to fight. his son WAS NOT ruled ineligible to play

we will just have to agree to disagree. I have stated why he wasn't ruled ineligble by the NCAA. It is written perfectly clear in the link.

Im not apologizing for anything. I simply asked for the proof and all this could've been avoided IF he had any to post which he obviously did not.....THE END

Porter also knows the landscape of Memphis recruiting. Not an easy thing to understand.'

Isn't the "landscape" of recruiting in Memphis basically just quicksand and toxic waste?

Not sure about the recruiting, but you just described Memphis quite well!!

Well, The Rendezvous' ribs are pretty dang good!

Agreed! I get their seasoning when I go up there. It's good on just about everything. Showboat BBQ is my favorite in Memphis. Better than Corky's

The Commissary in Germantown and Central BBQ are also pretty good.

Porter was a bust in Memphis and his recruiting prowess in the area is doubtful. But, as others have said, recruiting in this area is risky business.

Im not apologizing for anything. I simply asked for the proof and all this could've been avoided IF he had any to post which he obviously did not.....THE END

haha what a Gent. And I am emotionally invested..Any who Tim Horton. Let's flip Hunter.

we will just have to agree to disagree. I have stated why he wasn't ruled ineligble by the NCAA. It is written perfectly clear in the link.

Well let me see...OH, I knoww I know..the reason he wasn't ruled ineligible is because they didn't break any rules. Thats pretty easy for me to understand right there.

My apologies

No worries.

Peace Luv and Tigers

OK ............. lets get back to coach Horton. There is nothing to report now I expect something very soon

What exactly do you expect very soon?

You reckon Golf was standing at the toilet while he was typing that?

OK ............. lets get back to coach Horton. There is nothing to report now I expect something very soon

Have no idea just like every member on this blog. imo it will be soon......... hopefully

Just to complete the hijac portion of this thread, Cecil was not barred from AU athletic events. That was more media BS. He was supposed to be limited to "reduced access", which, it turns out, meant he couldn't go in the lounge at home games (of which there were none left) and wait for his son to come out.

OTOH, M$U's man Kenny Rogers was forced to disassociate from their program. Do we see the difference between trying to buy a player and merely listening to a proposal here? Gee golly, I think we do!

Have no idea just like every member on this blog. imo it will be soon......... hopefully

Well thanks for nothing then. I hope you are right about the soon part. It has gotten to the point that I can barely get my full eight hours of sleep a night.

Depends. :rimshot:

Depends. :rimshot:

:bow::laugh: @ you two. Well done!

Archived