2013 4* TE Hunter Henry (Arkansas signee)

aufootballrob

Hunter Henry is a 4 star recruit that was recruited to Arkansas by Tim Horton. Rivals lists him as a solid verbal to Arkansas.

I don't have any opinions or new information. But, I would like for there to be discussion about the possibility HH might decide to come to Auburn.

WDE

night-crawler-playing-football-for-auburn.gif

Hunter Henry is a 4 star recruit that was recruited to Arkansas by Tim Horton. Rivals lists him as a solid verbal to Arkansas.

I don't have any opinions or new information. But, I would like for there to be discussion about the possibility HH might decide to come to Auburn.

WDE

night-crawler-playing-football-for-auburn.gif

You should try starting a thread on Henry. :poke:

Just checked out his stats for this as a junior and the guy caught 64 passes for 1093 yards! When was the last time you saw a TE catch that many passes. Kid be the next Lutz if he came here. I hope Horton pulls him over to our side.

It also bears mentioning he is currently the #2 TE on rivals, and the #58 overall. Lutzenkirchen brought so much to the program - not just athletically, but in terms of personality and leadership. I think HH could be that kind of a TE.

Physically, Lutz is a lot like Chris Cooley.

HH's wingspan, and performance on the slants, reminds me a lot of Kellen Winslow Jr.

It would be nice, but I doubt he comes, too late in the game to pull him, and if I remember correctly, Wisconsin uses its tight ends fairly well, and with the new offensive scheme at Arkansas, I have to believe he stays with the piggies.

Unfortunately I don't think this staff will pull in too many new recruits this late in the game. Besides that Arky will be using it TEs alot. Would be a good fit for him to stay if he really likes it a Arky.

It would be nice, but I doubt he comes, too late in the game to pull him, and if I remember correctly, Wisconsin uses its tight ends fairly well, and with the new offensive scheme at Arkansas, I have to believe he stays with the piggies.

Its never too late in the game where the kid has visited Auburn and the guy who recruited him to Pig U. is now Auburn's TE coach. Its odd how some people on this board are certain a crappy season and a new staff will cost us our commits, but Arky's lousy season and new staff won't cost them theirs. Isn't the general rule that you keep recruiting until NSD?

Unfortunately I don't think this staff will pull in too many new recruits this late in the game. Besides that Arky will be using it TEs alot. Would be a good fit for him to stay if he really likes it a Arky.

He'll like it better at Auburn. I just want what is best for the kid.

Not too late at all. If he is worthy and willing to listen it is definitely worth an effort.

I would have to assume Horton will be in.his ear.

It also doesn't hurt that AU is already fairly secure at TE. IDK that AU is really after any, has there been any mention of Gus targeting any TE in this class, we had AJ, but apparently stopped recruiting.

Auburn already has Brandon Fulse, Ricky Parks and CJ Uzomah at the TE position. A position that is not utilized much in the receiving game by Malzahn. I'm sure if he showed some serious interest over Horton coming to AU we would be open to him being part of the team but I doubt we use serious resources. Henry has already stated that he is still solid to Arkansas and it hasn't changed anything

Auburn already has Brandon Fulse, Ricky Parks and CJ Uzomah at the TE position. A position that is not utilized much in the receiving game by Malzahn. I'm sure if he showed some serious interest over Horton coming to AU we would be open to him being part of the team but I doubt we use serious resources. Henry has already stated that he is still solid to Arkansas and it hasn't changed anything

I may have a slightly different opinion on part of your thinking here for a few reasons:

1) Henry is one of Arky's top recruits

2) Henry was pursued by Auburn prior to making is Arky commitment

3) Horton would be his position coach at Auburn

4) When asked about Horton's move to AU, his dad responded with "no comment" while others openly commented on the impact on their commitments

Not saying that it changes anything, just that it's conceivable that his recruitment may not be concluded. Would agree that there are positions of greater importance to us at this time, but also think you never pass on top talent in that position if it's available.

We are a little loaded up on TE. But, I think you don't turn down talent that's available... period.

I like the kid. He is 6'6" 235lb and runs a 4.7.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Hunter-Henry-121286;_ylt=AtbRzZlpmw40bBd706VACrpIPZB4

What if he gets to campus, starts college level practice and drops 15 lbs and picks up two tenths on his 40? With his reach and great hands, the coaches could develop him into a slot receiver... Hello Jeff Samardzija!

If he goes the other way... If he became a 250lb bruiser... We've all seen what happens when 6'6"-250lbs-4.6/40yd collides with defenders.

I just think he would just be awesome to have on the team, regardless of position or the current depth chart.

Henry had an Auburn.offer even before we hired Horton. He knew change was coming but is sticking with the Hogs.

He had an offer, but may not have been committable. From what I've heard previous staff was only seriously recruiting Howard, Dobard, and Jackson.

Ellitor..just a quick question and maybe in wrong venue but..we now have around 16 commits +/-..assuming we can maintain most of them, would we still not going to be looking for additional recruits to fill voids in certain positions of extreme need, even if a recruit may be a 3-star instead of the coveted 4 or 4-star?

Auburn already has Brandon Fulse, Ricky Parks and CJ Uzomah at the TE position. A position that is primarily used for catching awesome touchdown passes not utilized much in the receiving game by Malzahn. I'm sure if he showed some serious interest over Horton coming to AU we would be open to him being part of the team but I doubt we use serious resources. Henry has already stated that he is still solid to Arkansas and it hasn't changed anything - yet, but the guy that probably recruited him to Arky just became his position coach at AU...

fify

I would see absolutely no reason to NOT pursue this kid. The video showed that kid has great footwork and is VERY agile for his enormous frame. He could EASILY develop into a big-time possession WR or an All American TE. Huge Big play potential with this kid.

TE is not heavily utilized in Malzahn's offense. Something that has me worried about having talents like Ricky Parks and CJ Uzomah on the team and not being properly utilized. (CJ could move to WR though)

That being said, convincing a kid from Arkansas who committed after Bobby Petrino left/knowing coaching changes were coming, that he should ditch his commitment to an offense that uses TEs a lot to one that doens't is a tough sell. Especially after the recruit said that Horton leaving is not affecting his commitment. If we pull it off that only shows how top notch our staff is pulling off something with little probability

TE is not heavily utilized in Malzahn's offense. Something that has me worried about having talents like Ricky Parks and CJ Uzomah on the team and not being properly utilized. (CJ could move to WR though)

That being said, convincing a kid from Arkansas who committed after Bobby Petrino left/knowing coaching changes were coming, that he should ditch his commitment to an offense that uses TEs a lot to one that doens't is a tough sell. Especially after the recruit said that Horton leaving is not affecting his commitment. If we pull it off that only shows how top notch our staff is pulling off something with little probability

Parks was recruited by Malzahn originally to play the H-back position, which is used a good bit by Malzahn. CJ will most likely go back to the big WR/TE hybrid position that Malzahn likes. I bet the big basketball playing Wilson kid is being recruited for this position as well.

If you look at Lutz' stats prior to the 2011 season (when we were forced to move him primarily to a blocking position), they're not too shabby. Uzomah, Fulse, and Parks were all brought in by Malzahn, so apparently he thought he needed them for something. I think we can trust him to make the right call as to who he needs in his offense. We'll just wait and see if we are going to try and bring in. Henry looks like more of a traditional, "Y", Tight-End, so he may not be what we're looking for. I'm sure Malzahn is more than capable of making up his own mind about these things. :rolleyes:

Its never too late in the game where the kid has visited Auburn and the guy who recruited him to Pig U. is now Auburn's TE coach. Its odd how some people on this board are certain a crappy season and a new staff will cost us our commits, but Arky's lousy season and new staff won't cost them theirs. Isn't the general rule that you keep recruiting until NSD?

If Gus wants a kid, you can bet he will ignore the odds and go after that kid until the last second.

Archived