Quinton Dial Responds

GreenEyedGirl

I think this guy could have chosen his words better in this story. ARROGANCE is the first thing I thought when I read this story. Don't EVER blame the other guy. Just say something to the effect that "A penalty wasn't called and I have no further comment." I hope he gets his clock cleaned tomorrow night WITHOUT a penalty.

Steve Shaw the director of officials said it should have been called. Was it a dirty hit? i don't know, but it was helmet to helmet. Keep this in mind, if it had been called, it would have been a 44-45 yard field goal, not 29-30. UAT field goal kickers have not shown they are capable of making such a kick. If it had been the correct distance, it more than likely would have been no good.(Yes there is no way to know that, but percentages are he would have missed it.)If that had been the case, and everything else played out like it did, the score would have been 29-28, with Georgia with the ball inside the 10 yard line, 12 seconds to go, and they would have run down the clock, and attempted a 25-28 yard field goal. That non call could have changed who played for the Title, and cost Georgia millions of dollars. We willl never know if that is how it would have played out, but would the Bama fans think it was a bad call if the hit had been on their QB. You bet they would, and they would have been right because it was helmet to helmet.

Plus Courtney Upshaw hit Jeff Driskel while he was on the ground, and messed up his knee in the Florida game last year. But we didn't hear that UAT players were dirty, like they do when it is us. There is one standard for them, and one for everyone else. That goes not only for play on the field. The player who suplexed a Missouri player was not suspended by the league. There is no way anyone can say that was a football play.

Steve Shaw the director of officials said it should have been called. Was it a dirty hit? i don't know, but it was helmet to helmet. Keep this in mind, if it had been called, it would have been a 44-45 yard field goal, not 29-30. UAT field goal kickers have not shown they are capable of making such a kick. If it had been the correct distance, it more than likely would have been no good.(Yes there is no way to know that, but percentages are he would have missed it.)If that had been the case, and everything else played out like it did, the score would have been 29-28, with Georgia with the ball inside the 10 yard line, 12 seconds to go, and they would have run down the clock, and attempted a 25-28 yard field goal. That non call could have changed who played for the Title, and cost Georgia millions of dollars. We willl never know if that is how it would have played out, but would the Bama fans think it was a bad call if the hit had been on their QB. You bet they would, and they would have been right because it was helmet to helmet.

Plus Courtney Upshaw hit Jeff Driskel while he was on the ground, and messed up his knee in the Florida game last year. But we didn't hear that UAT players were dirty, like they do when it is us. There is one standard for them, and one for everyone else. That goes not only for play on the field. The player who suplexed a Missouri player was not suspended by the league. There is no way anyone can say that was a football play.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda!! You can find them in every game. What about the phantom tipped pass early in the third that took a first down away from bama and forced them to attempt a fg which got blocked and returned for a td. Lets talk about that. Thanks to the few AU posters who said Murray was fair game. By the time Murray got hit and Dix was going down, there wasn't about 10 yards between them. Murray wasn't out of the play until Dial hit him. If Dix would have cut left, Murray might have had to make a tackle. There is another coulda shoulda woulda.

I guarantee if those uniforms were reversed, this thread wouldn't exist. Or, if it did, it would be "OH MAN did you see McCryin get his chest tat knocked off? That was awesome!"

Come on guys....on that play Dial was a blocker and Aaron Murray was a potential tackler of the interception return. He was fair game.

We didn't get all butt hurt about "safe" play when that one kid got decleated from Josh Holsey this year.

I agree. Football is a contact sport. Tough and brutal. Many here would have no problem if it were an AU player. There's always two sides to every story folks. It's hard to watch a kid get hammered like that, but it was technically not an illegal play.

It is when the crown of his helmet hit Murray's earhole.

I looked around the web at various fan sites and I haven't seen the UGA posters up in arms about this hit. Has Mark Richt addressed it with the media, has Murray? Has UGA raised hell with the SEC office? Just wondering if UGA is as offended/upset about it as others seem to be? :dunno:

Coulda Shoulda Woulda!! You can find them in every game. What about the phantom tipped pass early in the third that took a first down away from bama and forced them to attempt a fg which got blocked and returned for a td. Lets talk about that. Thanks to the few AU posters who said Murray was fair game. By the time Murray got hit and Dix was going down, there wasn't about 10 yards between them. Murray wasn't out of the play until Dial hit him. If Dix would have cut left, Murray might have had to make a tackle. There is another coulda shoulda woulda.

Moot point... helmet to helmet. It should have been called PF.

Archived