2013 3* DT Parker Cothren (Penn State signee)

ellitor

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Committed to Penn St.

Has an Auburn offer as of yesterday

Hazel Green High Hazel Green, Al

Not gonna lie. I am a bit concerned about other DT recruits now.

His Hudi page

Why be scared? We'll get what we get and work on next year. I'm still trying to be optimistic...lol

Guest jojo1515

Geez. If we are going after 3* guys committed elsewhere, maybe we should just keep the extra schollys til next year. With the Jucos coming in this year, there are probably gonna be a few jucos next year that are better than a few of the late offer guys we are after. Of course, what do I know...

Also, Hazel Green, AL?? I lived in Alabama most of my life and have never heard of it. Are they 1 or 2A?

Geez. If we are going after 3* guys committed elsewhere, maybe we should just keep the extra schollys til next year. With the Jucos coming in this year, there are probably gonna be a few jucos next year that are better than a few of the late offer guys we are after. Of course, what do I know...

Also, Hazel Green, AL?? I lived in Alabama most of my life and have never heard of it. Are they 1 or 2A?

6A

5A or 6A about 5 miles north of Huntsville. Big school

He seems solid to me. If he has the right attitude he might be a good one. I'm tired of prima donnas.

+1.... He's 6'5 -265... And we have one of the best DL coaches in CFB. Calm down fellas.

A lot of these Penn St. guys are looking around,since Ted Roof left PSU. Might just want to be closer to home. I hope it does not mean we are not getting some of the higher rated players.

6A region 8. North Alabama

Committed to Penn St.

Not gonna lie. I am a wondering about other DT recruits now.

His Hudi page

He may be being looked at as an O-Lineman instead of D-Line. Just a thought. He would love to play in the SEC and also has other SEC teams looking.

Committed to Penn St.

Not gonna lie. I am a wondering about other DT recruits now.

His Hudi page

He may be being looked at as an O-Lineman instead of D-Line. Just a thought. He would love to play in the SEC and also has other SEC teams looking.

Yeah, Grimes apparently visited him and went to his hs basketball game yesterday....so extra OL prospect is definitely a possibility.

Guest jojo1515

Wow, never would have guessed 6A. Looked it up cause I had no clue where it was lol. Still wonder if it worth 1 less scholly next year. Not sure I like competing with PSU for recruits. Maybe he is a hidden gem?

He was committed to Purdue b4 PSU. I'm told he battled Grant Hill evenly b4 Hill got hurt when they played Huntsville. If our DT commits are taking visits we're crazy not to make backup plans. I agree with the poster who thinks we need more soldiers and fewer prima donnas. If he is the guy who hurt Hill I like him - warrior.

I am actually from Hazel Green and was in attendance at the basketball game. Rodney Garner and Grimes were both at the game. Also Vandy had a coach in attendance, and Tennessee visited him earlier this week.

I am actually from Hazel Green and was in attendance at the basketball game. Rodney Garner and Grimes were both at the game. Also Vandy had a coach in attendance, and Tennessee visited him earlier this week.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Have you seen him play football? What are your thoughts?

That kid is a football player. Whoever started the rumor that he had short arms is full of malarkey. Parker can play on both sides of the ball and if you want to see why he might be considered for the OL, just check the play at 2:30 and there it is. Also, with a 4.0 he would be able to learn just about any system thrown at him.

Archived