Summlin extension

NoALtiger

He set his own bar quite high after his first year at TA&M. It will be interesting to see how he and Johnny Football do with some of the OL and WR gone after this year. It will be very hard to duplicate or improve on 2012....

Aggies sign Summlin to a 5 year extension. Probably a good call by them.

thread almost got deleted because you didn't provide a link/source for info. Remember to always post a link.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/21583131/aggies-step-up-for-sumlin

Sorry, I thought it was pretty common knowledge since it was running almost non-stop on the taper on ESPN broadcasting the AU basketball game. I also haven't managed the copy and paste on the ole iPhone yet.

• 3 weeks later...

He set his own bar quite high after his first year at TA&M. It will be interesting to see how he and Johnny Football do with some of the OL and WR gone after this year. It will be very hard to duplicate or improve on 2012....

I think with the way they have recruited it will be easier than most might think. The aggies have stepped up big time and have even surpassed the longhorns in texas. they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I think with the way they have recruited it will be easier than most might think. The aggies have stepped up big time and have even surpassed the longhorns in texas. they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

The Aggies came to the SEC to play big time ball. Sumlin is a great coach, he's young and has been successful everywhere he's been, has over 5 yrs head coaching experience, he's a great offensive coach. He will be able to recruit plenty of talent to aTm, and he will be successful in the SEC West. aTm joining the SECW made our division a lot tougher.

The Aggies came to the SEC to play big time ball. Sumlin is a great coach, he's young and has been successful everywhere he's been, has over 5 yrs head coaching experience, he's a great offensive coach. He will be able to recruit plenty of talent to aTm, and he will be successful in the SEC West. aTm joining the SECW made our division a lot tougher.

^^ THIS ^^

I think TAMU wins the West next year. But it's true they're losing more starters than almost any other school in the nation. TAMU's schedule is pretty favorable as well.

I think TAMU wins the West next year. But it's true they're losing more starters than almost any other school in the nation. TAMU's schedule is pretty favorable as well.

Pulling for them when they play the turds!! Anybody notice bama plays them in the second game of the year? Funny how that worked in sabans favor so he can practice all summer to prepare for aTm!! I now know who's scared of who

Pulling for them when they play the turds!! Anybody notice bama plays them in the second game of the year? Funny how that worked in sabans favor so he can practice all summer to prepare for aTm!! I now know who's scared of who

Alabama opens up with Virginia Tech so I don't think they'll be able to look ahead too much. I'm sure they'll handle V Tech pretty easily but they still can't be overlooked. UAT does, however, have a bye before playing TAMU, which will help. But the game being in College Station will even that out, and it's not like TAMU's schedule the first two weeks are going to be too taxing. I think you could make an argument that with the high-octane offense featured by TAMU that they may even benefit from having two games before playing UAT so they can get in a rhythm.

Alabama opens up with Virginia Tech so I don't think they'll be able to look ahead too much. I'm sure they'll handle V Tech pretty easily but they still can't be overlooked. UAT does, however, have a bye before playing TAMU, which will help. But the game being in College Station will even that out, and it's not like TAMU's schedule the first two weeks are going to be too taxing. I think you could make an argument that with the high-octane offense featured by TAMU that they may even benefit from having two games before playing UAT so they can get in a rhythm.

True, but saban knows it much better to play aTm in second game with a bye, than to play them with just one week to prepare.

Archived