Men vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread

WarTiger

I attended the game last night left with a couple minutes left. I understand the frustrastion an f'ing decade of losing has left my patience running thin. I dont support firing coach Barbee at all I think he is a good coach and they have shown some improvement but last night was bad basketball. Same bleeping crap everytime I go to Vandy they shot the lights out from 3 point land and AU cant keep up.

Particularly frustrating was when Auburn cut the Vandy lead down to 11 and had 7 thats right 7 straight friggin empty trips and those offensive possessions ended with turnovers, horrible entry passes, offensive fouls and bad shots.

Offensively this team appears to have regressed. Defensively the 2/3 zone at times looks very formidable but the teams rotation at times is slow.

AU needs help at PG and in the low post. Frankie Sullivan has regressed and is terribly inconsistent.

This team falls behind they mail it in. This inconsistency of this team is of great frustration. Is this even the same damn team that lost in double OT to Arkansas?? Its like they have regressed.

I have tickets to the Florida game no idea why I am going but I will, They will roll up AU.

Your right about Florida, but they are fantastic. They are a top 5 program. I also agree on Sullivan. However, he does get hot and a lot of time is our only chance. Chubb is one of the most frustrating players we have. He shows signs and then craps the bed. I would not let him dribble at all. He looses the ball every time he puts it on the court. Simple rule, you dribble, you sit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended the game last night as well and realized why it will probably be another 4 years before I go again. So frustrating.

I attended the game last night as well and realized why it will probably be another 4 years before I go again. So frustrating.

Yep and the worst part is Vandy sucks. Their garbage we cant even beat them in that crap opera house they call a gym when they are bad what happens when they get good?

The only good thing is I paid ten bucks for a ticket.

Gotta wonder about the football mentality at AU....the team loses a game they weren't supposed to win anyway and people are ready to fire the coach or declare they will not go again.

Last night Duke lost to Miami by 27.....anyone think the Duke fans will decide to stay home next game to protest the loss ?. Also, it's a 30 game season, more or less and lots of basketball to be played.

I was at the DeanDome over the holidays to watch an unranked UNC team play and the place was packed even though school was out.... and it will be packed for the next game too.....and by packed I'm talking 20,000 fans.

Auburn is not particularly good...we have only one scorer and he is hot and cold so you never know what you are going to get but they are AUBURN and they are our team. We have more talent than in recent years....it's not UK talent or Duke or Indiana and not even to the level of many other SEC teams but it's on the rise....albeit slower than many of us would like to see.

A basketball season is like a marathon...you have a lot of games to play and everyone expects to lose some along the way...but after a loss, they come back and play hard again. I watched the game last night and IMO at least there was no lack of effort...but Denson and Price are not 100% and Sullivan can't carry the scoring by himself....and Chubb is not an All American but he far better than most AU people are willing to admit.

Only good thing about this season: Jay Jacobs looks like even more of a moron. Hopefully baseball isn't terrible, but if it's a let down, that better be the cherry on the top to kicking JJ out the door.

Wow, lots of negativity here. Looking for those who decided to call me out on my negativity after the Arky loss to come in and bring order to this thread.

Archived