2014 5* RB Nick Chubb (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

Anybody notice that not one word has been reported on how his BCW trip went. I find that very interesting.

Don't read to much into that. He along with Roc, Evans, Sawyer, and CJ Hampton all left without interviews. I can tell you for a fact Auburn is in a very good spot with at least 3 of them.

Would you like to share, E?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody notice that not one word has been reported on how his BCW trip went. I find that very interesting.

Don't read to much into that. He along with Roc, Evans, Sawyer, and CJ Hampton all left without interviews. I can tell you for a fact Auburn is in a very good spot with at least 3 of them.

The staff feels good about Roc, Evans, and Sawyer.

The staff feels good about Roc, Evans, and Sawyer.

Sounds awesome to me. Great job by this staff, they are killing it in recruiting

I just don't see any scenario that has Chubb signing with AU. Am I missing something E? Pettway, Roc and Judd(?) or just the first two and call it a day.

I just don't see any scenario that has Chubb signing with AU. Am I missing something E? Pettway, Roc and Judd(?) or just the first two and call it a day.

The fist 2 and possibly a third.

It is a bit curious that Chubb has now decided to delay his decision date. Just trying to read the tea leaves. It got me wondering.

It is a bit curious that Chubb has now decided to delay his decision date. Just trying to read the tea leaves. It got me wondering.

Nothing to wonder on how it concerns Auburn. He is visiting Carolina on Tuesaday instead of Monday as he planned and then committing after that.

Well I don't know about you guys but just like with Choice, if it was me I would push to get Chubb to commit all on his own, with or without Roc. They are two top backs, we can use both of them, then if one of them changes his mind later we won't be left holding the bag.

Well I don't know about you guys but just like with Choice, if it was me I would push to get Chubb to commit all on his own, with or without Roc. They are two top backs, we can use both of them, then if one of them changes his mind later we won't be left holding the bag.

We won't be left hold the bag. This offense will get 2 or 3 good backs to sign even if they are not Roc and Chubb.

We won't be left hold the bag. This offense will get 2 or 3 good backs to sign even if they are not Roc and Chubb.

I realize that E, I was referring to the discussion about those 2 guys. I would not make it an either or choice for the reason stated. You have a chance to get both then take both.

I realize that E, I was referring to the discussion about those 2 guys. I would not make it an either or choice for the reason stated. You have a chance to get both then take both.

There is not an either or sitch though. The coaches would take both Chubb and Chubb in all likelihood. All Dixie was saying is he thinks Chubb is not picking Auburn no matter what happens.

Agree ! I know there are no locks and things change, but at one point Marshall had us listed as his #1 (not sure if GA was #2) and we backed off a bit planning on signing TJ before getting burned.

Agree ! I know there are no locks and things change, but at one point Marshall had us listed as his #1 (not sure if GA was #2) and we backed off a bit planning on signing TJ before getting burned.

I think Chubb goes with USCe. (There were SOO many jokes I could have used to say the same thing, but this is a family site)

I think Chubb goes with USCe. (There were SOO many jokes I could have used to say the same thing, but this is a family site)

Since you brought it up, i stopped counting at 5!

When is Ronnie Clark scheduled to pick who he's going to play for?

Sometime before his senior season and this is not his thread. lol

So E... have you considered how great of a nickname our backfield would have if Nick and Roc were to commit?? Chubb Rock was one of the hottest rappers in the early 90s!! Granted this may have been before your time but man we could have some great marketing with the duo of Chubb-Roc!! Oh i'm sure we could come up with some creative wordplays from his hits "Treat'em Right" and "Just the two of us".

So E... have you considered how great of a nickname our backfield would have if Nick and Roc were to commit?? Chubb Rock was one of the hottest rappers in the early 90s!! Granted this may have been before your time but man we could have some great marketing with the duo of Chubb-Roc!! Oh i'm sure we could come up with some creative wordplays from his hits "Treat'em Right" and "Just the two of us".

Not before my time. I was in high school.

When is Ronnie Clark scheduled to pick who he's going to play for?

And if someone could check on the price of tea in China? TIA :homer:

The state’s No. 1 prospect at running back will visit South Carolina on Thursday, and will likely make his highly-anticipated college decision soon after that.

“I’m not sure when I will pick my school, but it will be soon,” Cedartown High School’s Nick Chubb told the AJC. “I will wait until after I visit South Carolina to figure it all out.”

Chubb on Auburn: “It was a fun visit. There were a lot of other recruits there. I got to chill out with the other coaches and players around there. I had a good time.”

What will be the deciding factor in his school choice? “It’s just where I feel the most comfortable,” he said. “I want to go to a college where I could enjoy it even if I didn’t play football. I’m looking at things like where I want to live after football. I will pick wherever I feel the best.”

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/may/28/nick-chubb-uga-waits-decision-states-no-1-rb/

Thanks for sharing that. As a Metro Atlanta Resident I wrote off the AJC after they had tried and convicted Richard Jewell for the Olympic Bombing. One of the most irresponsible moments in journalism ever!! Oh yeah, and because Carvell is a joke. Okay my mini-rant is OV. Chubb would be great but I just see him in Columbia come Fall 2014. (Or Athens)....(Or Auburn. LOL!) Just covering my arse.

Thanks for sharing that. As a Metro Atlanta Resident I wrote off the AJC after they had tried and convicted Richard Jewell for the Olympic Bombing. One of the most irresponsible moments in journalism ever!! Oh yeah, and because Carvell is a joke. Okay my mini-rant is OV. Chubb would be great but I just see him in Columbia come Fall 2014. (Or Athens)....(Or Auburn. LOL!) Just covering my arse.

Dixie, not to say that the AJC is great,but it has gotten a whole lot better since they changed management. It use to be a liberal mess but now they seem to be much more fair in their reporting. That being said I only get the Sunday paper.

Archived