2014 5* RB Nick Chubb (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

We have offered Chubb. I did not see a topic devoted to him yet. Take a look at his film. 2700 yds last season. He reminds me of Todd Gurley at UGA. This may be too much praise but he has a similar running style. The kid is a good student too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1636040/#highlights/34038376

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the headline of this premium article over at 247. If this statement means something to him, hopefully the process will continue. He appears to be an excellent running back.

‘I’m what they’re looking for’

Bryan Matthews

9 hours ago

4_774936.jpg

4-star RB Nick Chubb talks about Auburn's Junior Day and meeting with Gus Malzahn.

This kid is very impressive and has great stats and film. However there are 2 major knocks against him IMO: 1. He plays in a pretty poor region in the state of GA. Not too many fast twitch athletes in Northwest GA overall so his stats are inflated. 2. I know and really like the guy who is his HS OC, but this is a kid who will come with a lot of wear and tear because the game plan will be Chubb up the gut, right, left, and outside. Do not be surprised for him to get upward of 350 carries this year after getting over 300 last year. Great player but he will have taken some major hits.

This kid is very impressive and has great stats and film. However there are 2 major knocks against him IMO: 1. He plays in a pretty poor region in the state of GA. Not too many fast twitch athletes in Northwest GA overall so his stats are inflated. 2. I know and really like the guy who is his HS OC, but this is a kid who will come with a lot of wear and tear because the game plan will be Chubb up the guy, right, left, and outside. Do not be surprised for him to get upward of 350 carries this year after getting over 300 last year. Great player but he will have taken some major hits.

This could have been said of many backs in the past. Garrison Hearst (thUGA/49ers) played at Lincoln Co. HS in GA. Herschell Walker/Johnson Co. Both Tiny schools in GA. Two pretty fair backs. Those kids are not hurting that young man.

This kid is very impressive and has great stats and film. However there are 2 major knocks against him IMO: 1. He plays in a pretty poor region in the state of GA. Not too many fast twitch athletes in Northwest GA overall so his stats are inflated. 2. I know and really like the guy who is his HS OC, but this is a kid who will come with a lot of wear and tear because the game plan will be Chubb up the guy, right, left, and outside. Do not be surprised for him to get upward of 350 carries this year after getting over 300 last year. Great player but he will have taken some major hits.

This could have been said of many backs in the past. Garrison Hearst (thUGA/49ers) played at Lincoln Co. HS in GA. Herschell Walker/Johnson Co. Both Tiny schools in GA. Two pretty fair backs. Those kids are not hurting that young man.

Carterville had a very good year last year, going 13-1, and losing to perennial power Buford in the state Quarters. They are not in the biggest classification in GA, but they have a pretty good history with football, sending several players to D1 schools and a few to the NFL. Again, Cartersville is not Norcross, Parkview, Brookwood, Peachtree Ridge, North Gwinnett, Grayson, or even Milton, but they are respected.

Carterville had a very good year last year, going 13-1, and losing to perennial power Buford in the state Quarters. They are not in the biggest classification in GA, but they have a pretty good history with football, sending several players to D1 schools and a few to the NFL. Again, Cartersville is not Norcross, Parkview, Brookwood, Peachtree Ridge, North Gwinnett, Grayson, or even Milton, but they are respected.

Cartersville was home to one Ronnie Brown as well wasn't it? Though I'm not sure what it has to do with Mr. Chubb, he is from Cedartown HS.

Not sure how I got Cartersville and Cedartown confused, but stuff happens. Sorry bout that. I think Jeff Berger went to Cedartown HS. Anyway, this kid looks good.

So his competition stinks and they will beat up on him alot?

Just teasing you a little!

But truthfully, I'm not too worried about either. His measurables are good and if he is high on the staff's list and he wants to come to Auburn, then I am all for him!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw that Chubb might be narrowing his decision? Anyone heard anything?

Yes. There are premium articles saying he is close.

What is your gut telling you E?

What is your gut telling you E?

Gawga

E - In your mind, if Chubb commits to thUGA, does that affect your thinking on Roc Thomas? I would think that should bode well for the good guys. Just woried about UTe a little.

E - In your mind, if Chubb commits to thUGA, does that affect your thinking on Roc Thomas? I would think that should bode well for the good guys. Just woried about UTe a little.

No it does not change my thinking. I have thought for the past month Auburn would get 1 of Roc or Chubb.

Better get Chubb then, because Roc isn't coming to AU. IMO

Well if you are thinking Bama don't bet on it. They have a few higher on their board than Roc right now.

Archived