2014 5* RB Nick Chubb (Georgia signee)

JFDTiger80

Better get Chubb then, because Roc isn't coming to AU. IMO

Well if you are thinking Bama don't bet on it. They have a few higher on their board than Roc right now.

Ole Miss has a full court press on Roc from what I have heard. Which is why I rather have Chubb, however I think that he will be in the dawg house.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you are thinking Bama don't bet on it. They have a few higher on their board than Roc right now.

No, I'm thinking Ole Miss/UGA. I wouldn't be suprised to see Bama step in, if Auburn looked to be the team late. He seems to be a Bama fan from everything I've read from him, so I think it could happen that way too.

Ole Miss has a full court press on Roc from what I have heard. Which is why I rather have Chubb, however I think that he will be in the dawg house.

Huh? The way you worded that comes across as you are scared of competition from Ole Miss. 1. You don't back off any recruit that is at the top of your list no matter who you are competing against and 2. one recruiting class from Ole Miss does not earn them that kind of fear.

Huh? The way you worded that comes across as you are scared of competition from Ole Miss. 1. You don't back off any recruit that is at the top of your list no matter who you are competing against and 2. one recruiting class from Ole Miss does not earn them that kind of fear.

LOL no..... just wrote it fast with out thinking. I realize we will be competing with Ole Miss more due to the fact we run similar types of offense. I think that we should win most of the recruiting battles and even better odds with our top targets vs. OM. For example Peyton Barber for the 2013 class.

The only way I will worry about Ole Miss is if they beat us and have more MO heading into NSD. They are still Ole Miss. They have had good years before and never sustained success. They will be hunting a HC within 3 years once Friese gets THAT offer. Not sure where, but an offer from an FSU or Texas or similar school will get his attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Herdon writes he is expected to committ the end of April or the beginning of May. Says he will visit Auburn and Florida campus before he commits. He fits into Florida's pro style perfectly but likes Auburn coaches and direction they are headed. Georgia is predicted to get him by all on 247.

For what it's worth, I would be shocked if he isn't needing a flea collar come February.

True but he is playing a dangerous game with his intentions by giving our coaches another shot in person.

Chubb = AUsome

Really want this guy.

Without a doubt. Giving us a last visit can't hurt our chances. Still going to be hard to keep him away from Athens.

On Sunday night, the state of Georgia’s No. 1 prospect at running back, Cedartown High School’s Nick Chubb, said he will likely announce “the last week of April or the first week of May” between his finalists of UGA, Florida and Auburn.

Chubb is slowly but surely moving up the recruiting rankings as one of the nation’s top running backs. He put up Nintendo-like numbers as a junior at Cedartown (2,700 yards and 38 TDs) but some scouts dismissed the stats because they said he played against inferior competition.

However, Chubb garnered a lot of respect after being one of the most outstanding performers at last January’s RisingSeniors.com all-star game, which featured the state’s top 90 juniors. Chubb added to his sterling reputation by earning an invitation to The Opening, Nike’s all-star prospect camp in June in Oregon, this past weekend at Atlanta Nike Camp. He measured in at 5-foot-10 and 212 pounds, and was electronically clocked at 4.58 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Chubb got high praise from Brian Stumpf, the Atlanta Nike Camp director.“He is as good in pass pro as any back we’ve seen so far this year … He was more physical than any linebacker here.”

What about Chubb and the colleges? “I’m thinking about committing the last week of April or the first week of May. I’m going back to visit Auburn and Florida. I’ve been to Georgia enough. I’m going to visit these two schools and make my decision.”

Chubb on Auburn: “I like Auburn because they run a fast-paced offense, and they’d get me the ball with the new offense they are bringing in. The coaches are going to get things turned around, and get back to winning. I like the coaches.”

Why is Chubb committing so early? “My spring football at Cedartown. I don’t have time to be traveling to colleges this summer. I have to be training with my team. Between these three schools, I know one of them is where I want to go. I’m going to go ahead and get that out of the way, and focus on Cedartown.”

http://www.ajc.com/w...rn-and-florida/

Chubb was expected at A Day but did not make it.

Did the DullDawgs pull a "Brent Calloway" on him?

No. Went to the S.Car spring game

So, he's narrowed it down to Auburn, Florida and the DullDawgs but he went to USC's spring game instead of ours? Maybe that makes perfect sense to somebody, but not to me.

So, he's narrowed it down to Auburn, Florida and the DullDawgs but he went to USC's spring game instead of ours? Maybe that makes perfect sense to somebody, but not to me.

This later update was in the aericle RIR posted.
UPDATE: Chubb told ESPN that he is now also considering South Carolina, and will probably wait until late May to commit.

I'm going to assume our chances of N. Chubbs choosing AU has risen since uga took a commitment from Sony Michel. What do you think?

Nope. Chubb knew of Mitchel to UGA for a while. Plus with Mitchel visiting Miami over 30 times there are some that thinks he flips to the U.

In your opinion, how many backs should we sign in the 2014 class? I believe we should sign 2. Either 2 RB's or 1 RB and 1 FB.

In your opinion, how many backs should we sign in the 2014 class? I believe we should sign 2. Either 2 RB's or 1 RB and 1 FB.

Well your opinion is also what the coaches are planning as of now.

Archived