New game plans each week

eagle76

It is remarkable and great that CTT/CAB/CGC are installing and implementing different game plans each and every week depending upon the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents. I can not remember a time (even under ctb) that we were so methodical about this. All other coaches I can remember (that goes back to CSJ) that we just lined up with our strengths each week and ran tha same offense and plays and just tried to out muscle and execute the opponent. The opponents knew what we were going to do and may the best man win. This year has been an education for all of us on how good teams get to be elite teams.

WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no queston that the Auburn staff is as good as any, maybe best of all.

Considering the job Chizik has done this year, it's just remarkable.

If you saw the stat bar by CBS saturday on Auburn's rankings in the SEC special teams, you can also appreciate the attention this bunch of coaches has paid to the whole game.

Borges just continues to amaze all. What I especially like about CAB is that he understands the importance of instilling confidence, calming Jason (and others) down, and getting them in the right frame of mind. As another good coach in this state (now dead) knew, this was the greatest coaching "secret" of all.

It looks like CAB may be a great 'situation' play caller. He (and Campbell) seems to have always had us in the right play at the right time this year. A term I hear more and more about the AU offense this year from many in the know "A fine well oiled machine".

Chizik is just a great defensive coach. He's produced a great defense this year when everyone expected them to be down. Example is the way he got into Pitts head for this game. He made Pitts an example, Pitts fought back 'for the team', so as not to be the one who let 'the team' down. Then after the game, he let everyone know that Pitts responded the right way, by getting better.

One key that was stuck in Georgia's head and hopefully Shula's now is that Jason can run and will. I honestly would hate to try to sit down and watch game film to try to teach guys what is going to be done. Borges has surely got some respect from his play calling. I wonder if Borges ever thought he would be in this situation with the short time he had to install the offense in the best conference in the Country. :au::cheer:

Archived