2014 3* WR Jesse Jackson (Miss State signee)

AubTigers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope MSU will hang onto Mullen, though!

Why? They are never going to be good no matter who the coach is.

Sherrill got them to Atlanta and posted a 12-5 SEC record in that stretch. Prolonged success? Probably not, but the right guy can have big seasons there.

Sherrill got them to Atlanta and posted a 12-5 SEC record in that stretch. Prolonged success? Probably not, but the right guy can have big seasons there.

Add the factor of the west being down which got Sherrill that succes. With the Big 4 of Auburn, Bama, LSU, and now TAMU the chances of a year where all 4 of those teams are not dominant is very slim and makes it that much harder for someone to have big time succes at Miss St.

AU chances keeping D'haquille look good right now.

Link
-Five-star 247Composite JUCO receiver D'haquille Williams of Mississippi Gulf Coast, an Auburn commit, has said LSU could challenge Auburn. But at last check, LSU wasn't believed to be pursuing him that hard. That's good news for Auburn. Williams grew up only about 20 minutes from LSU, and playing close to home has its appeal to him.

So here's where we are with this guy: If LSU wants him we're toast. If LSU can do better elsewhere he'll settle for Auburn. Personally I don't much care where he signs.

So here's where we are with this guy: If LSU wants him we're toast. If LSU can do better elsewhere he'll settle for Auburn. Personally I don't much care where he signs.

+1 Im not too big either on being a kid's back up destination

+1 Im not too big either on being a kid's back up destination

Maybe but it happens every year for at least 1 prospect for most of the schools.

I don't really like the situation much either nor can blame him since it's so close to home, but this kid could be a special talent that doesn't come around often, even if it is for one year. Kids tend to fall I love with Auburn once they get there so if we get him even if were option #2 he will come to love the place and the coaches. We are going to be very exciting next year a talent like this could be the key to a very special season.

I do not care where he wants to be as long as he comes in and works hard. If he does not then he will not see the field much and that waste of talent will be on him. I personally do not think that will be the case with him. You do not go the Junco route, fight to get back to this level and then get mad because the school you really want does not offer. Besides every single year hundreds of guys play somewhere that was not there first choice either because they where not offered or because another school was a better fit. I do not like it much myself but in this case I think he would come in a little angry and it would motivate him. I guess we all will have to wait and see. Brandon Cox was a huge Bama fan and it worked out well for us.

If y'all don't want him, you're crazy. Dude's a beast. He is DEFINITELY going to be playing on Sundays and has the potential to step in next year and be our go-to receiver, which would add an entirely new dimension to our offense. Combine his skill with Jeremy and Nick's passing abilities and the 3-headed monster that we have at RB and this offense could be SCARY next year, especially considering the fact that we only have one senior (the Hulk, Jay Squash). We should return our entire OL, our existing RB core, we'll have Williams, Coates, and Stevens as a triple threat at WR and we'll have Tre, CAP, and Corey running the ball, with the opportunity to see Jonathan Ford and Peyton Barber (I'm banking on Roc and Pettaway redshirting).

With regards to Mr. Jackson, I'd love to see him in Gus's O, but I don't think that he is a "must get" recruit at this time. But he is watching, he is seeing Gus's offense, and I guarantee you that he is taking notice.

You want to see someone who works hard? Find the kids whose favorite school didn't think they were good enough. I've met plenty of players in different sports that fit this bill (just not as much fan following in wrestling recruiting) and those kids practice with a chip on their shoulder every day.

You want to see someone who works hard? Find the kids whose favorite school didn't think they were good enough. I've met plenty of players in different sports that fit this bill (just not as much fan following in wrestling recruiting) and those kids practice with a chip on their shoulder every day.

exactly. I would not want to be LSU when we play them next year if they ciontinue to not go after DQ. He will play that game with a huge chip on his shoulders.

exactly. I would not want to be LSU when we play them next year if they ciontinue to not go after DQ. He will play that game with a huge chip on his shoulders.

Another one with a chip should be Patrick MIller, if he gets his stuff back together. Remember what happened to him at LSU?

Another one with a chip should be Patrick MIller, if he gets his stuff back together. Remember what happened to him at LSU?

Yep. For anyone who doesn't remember or know the story LSU gave Gunner Kiel Miller's EE spot and they did not even get Kiel in the end.

Um, I'd love to have another freakish one-and-done guy. If he delivers a Ronney Daniels 1999-type season, sign me up! I'm in. I don't care how he gets here just get him here. I don't care if he writes an Ode to LSU or haikus about the wonders of Baton Rouge. If it takes getting jilted to get him to Auburn, jilt away.

Um, I'd love to have another freakish one-and-done guy. If he delivers a Ronney Daniels 1999-type season, sign me up! I'm in. I don't care how he gets here just get him here. I don't care if he writes an Ode to LSU or haikus about the wonders of Baton Rouge. If it takes getting jilted to get him to Auburn, jilt away.

Exactly. Even if he is a one-and-done, it could do so many things for our team it's not even possible count.

Exactly. Even if he is a one-and-done, it could do so many things for our team it's not even possible count.

The biggest of which is making a team that will be a SEC West title contender into a natty title contender.

Much as the circumstances don't exactly thrill me, either, this guy would likely be a game changer. We have a lot of talent in the receiving corps, but no one that I would call a go to receiver. Adding him to the mix takes that much pressure off of all the other receivers, forcing the opposing secondary to supplement coverage on DQ in order to stop him, which in turn opens the field for other guys to step up.

I believe Jackson tore his acl this Friday. Do not know if that will impact our recruitment of Jackson.

That really bites! I hate to hear things like this. Not sure it changes anything though. If the reports come back that he will be fine, I could see him possibly getting in but he is commited to Miss St. and if they stand by him I don't see him flipping. But this is recruiting so...

Archived