2014 3* WR Jesse Jackson (Miss State signee)

AubTigers

I saw talk about Jason Smith up there. His mother told our family that he was enrolling at AU in January. And his 4 years starts as soon as he begins work with team. I hate what happened with him happened. He could have contributed a lot this year

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw talk about Jason Smith up there. His mother told our family that he was enrolling at AU in January. And his 4 years starts as soon as he begins work with team. I hate what happened with him happened. He could have contributed a lot this year

He is at a juco. The earliest he can enroll is January 2015.

He is at a juco. The earliest he can enroll is January 2015.

Correct. JUCO guys can't make it in after just one season, they have to miss two seasons to get academically qualified.

Question: why isn't it that way for regular students? Or maybe I just misunderstand. I knew tons of people that took one class at a junior college then enrolled at college of their choice the next semester. Am I wrong about that or are the rules different for athletes?

Oh and on topic, yaaaaay Mr. Jackson! Come to Auburn.

Question: why isn't it that way for regular students? Or maybe I just misunderstand. I knew tons of people that took one class at a junior college then enrolled at college of their choice the next semester. Am I wrong about that or are the rules different for athletes?

Oh and on topic, yaaaaay Mr. Jackson! Come to Auburn.

Ask the NCAA. It's their rule for student-athletes.

So it's an NCAA rule. I figured, but I didn't know. It's not an institution rule, just applies to athletes. Odd rule.

Anyone know the latest on which way Jackson is leaning?

Best guess right now is Miss St but I have not seen anything concrete on that yet.

Needed more cowbell I guess.

We needed more time. This is just my guess but this one is not over IMO. If Miss St finishes something like 4-8 causing Mullen to be let go then there could be an opening here.

Hopefully we made a big impression on his teammate that we have plenty of time to recruit, 2015 4* OL Javon Patterson.

The trending thought is Patterson will go to wherever Jackson does but you know how those deals usually work out.

I don't see MSU doing any better than Dan Mullen.

well your only as good as your coach ;)

I see whr your going with that. Hope J. Jackson keeps looking our way. He might be pretty special.

Needed more cowbell I guess.

We needed more time. This is just my guess but this one is not over IMO. If Miss St finishes something like 4-8 causing Mullen to be let go then there could be an opening here.

It's going to take a major upset for MSU to even become bowl eligible, and without that I suspect Mullen will be gone. Sure would love to get JT on the Plains!

Archived