2014 3* WR Jesse Jackson (Miss State signee)

AubTigers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need more than two wide outs in this class.

Tell that to the staff. They have not decided yet if they will take any more than 2 in this class.

Not at all. Next year we'll have Reed, Bray, and Denson as seniors, Coates, Louis, and Ray as juniors, and Walker and Stevens as sophomores. The only one in that group who has not shown flashes, at least to the coaches, is Melvin Ray.

Not at all. Next year we'll have Reed, Bray, and Denson as seniors, Coates, Louis, and Ray as juniors, and Walker and Stevens as sophomores. The only one in that group who has not shown flashes, at least to the coaches, is Melvin Ray.

wrong Ray is one of the better looking ones at practice. Why he doesn't see the field is a different matter.

wrong Ray is one of the better looking ones at practice. Why he doesn't see the field is a different matter.

Hmm, I've not heard that from this staff. Interesting. Maybe he's a secret weapon we're saving for later in the season?

No offense but based on what and/or coming from whom?

You forgot Marcus Davis.

You forgot Marcus Davis.

You're right, I did. I actually meant to put him instead of Walker...I'm guessing Dominic will redshirt, which means he'll be a freshman next year.

You forgot Marcus Davis.

You're right, I did. I actually meant to put him instead of Walker...I'm guessing Dominic will redshirt, which means he'll be a freshman next year.

Won't we have Stanton Truitt and Jason Smith coming in already? They are both dynamic!

Won't we have Stanton Truitt and Jason Smith coming in already? They are both dynamic!

Did Smith get into prep school? I never heard. We will have D'haquille Williams coming in from JUCO though.

You forgot Marcus Davis.

Jason Smith had to go the JUCO route. He's two years away from Auburn, assuming both parties are still interested in 2015.

Jason will RS in JUCO this year. Will leave him 3 to play 3 wherever he goes. I would think that would help keep our interest though it will have a'lot to do with how we look when that time comes.

Jason will RS in JUCO this year. Will leave him 3 to play 3 wherever he goes. I would think that would help keep our interest though it will have a'lot to do with how we look when that time comes.

You are correct and with him redshirting that was by design by our staff and they do intend to bring him back in 2015 although as we all know plans can change.

We really seem to be all over Mr. Jackson lately. He looks like the real deal. I am really about done waiting for our current (Non-Freshmen) WR's to come alive. We can't seem to make two big catches in a row to save our life. Not the QB's fault this year. He has made a few bad throws but the majority of our problems stem from drops.

Jason will RS this year, but he's still two years away from suiting up for Auburn even if everything works out. I'd say the average of JUCO guys coming back is somewhere around 50%. Some lose interest in AU, AU loses interest in others. Darrion Hutchison, anyone?

Jason will RS this year, but he's still two years away from suiting up for Auburn even if everything works out. I'd say the average of JUCO guys coming back is somewhere around 50%. Some lose interest in AU, AU loses interest in others. Darrion Hutchison, anyone?

Hutch and Jason are 2 different situations. AU did not place Hutch. They did place Jason. Him redshirting was by Auburn's request of Auburn with the intent of signing him in 2015. High profile recruits like Jason who are placed by the school they signed with and arranged to redshirt by that school their first year of juco have a higher chance of resigning with the original school out of juco than most juco recruits. Also while Jason is 2 classes away if he becomes an EE for 2015 per the plan his recruitment in real time is a bit over 1 year.

Hutch and Jason are 2 different situations. AU did not place Hutch. They did place Jason. Him redshirting was by Auburn's request of Auburn with the intent of signing him in 2015. High profile recruits like Jason who are placed by the school they signed with and arranged to redshirt by that school their first year of juco have a higher chance of resigning with the original school out of juco than most juco recruits. Also while Jason is 2 classes away if he becomes an EE for 2015 per the plan his recruitment in real time is a bit over 1 year.

This is mostly true, but I am pretty sure we "placed" Jaquay Williams and that didn't work out. That was mainly due to our uncertainty on the coaching change and our miserable season though.

This is mostly true, but I am pretty sure we "placed" Jaquay Williams and that didn't work out. That was mainly due to our uncertainty on the coaching change and our miserable season though.

exactly. If we had even a average season last year. Jaquay would have most likely stuck with Auburn.

Just so we're all clear, Jason Smith cannot possibly play for Auburn until the 2015 season. That's two years away.

Things change, situations change, people change. Right now it seems like him coming to AU for the '15 season would be a good thing and is likely to happen. By 2015, who knows?

exactly. If we had even a average season last year. Jaquay would have most likely stuck with Auburn.

I saw Jaquay on the field for the A&M Bammer game. He was the receiver tht some are saying quit on the route in the end zone when Bammer intercepted. This helped Bammer make the come back.

Archived