Shula and the F-Bomb

DKW 86

He was so over the top with the potty mouth Saturday. The Boss and I were just shocked that he was letting them fly like that.

Well how can you blame him? He had the NC stolen from him this year by that guy Fulmer...if only he hadn't cheated, if only Fulmer didn't pay the refs, if only the Bear would make a 2nd coming this year...you know with all of this I think we should forfeit this week. They are the rightful champs.

He was so over the top with the potty mouth Saturday. The Boss and I were just shocked that he was letting them fly like that.

122318[/snapback]

Was this in an interview? Do you have a link or something? I missed that one. I did see when his FB McClain went down on the field, the camera was on him and his expression was clearly one of annoyance that it happened rather than on McClain's welfare. Think the pressure's getting to him? Welcome to life in the SEC, Shulla.

During the game Shula was letting go with the F-Bombs right and left. Hurt was talking about it on PF Show too. A lady at church called him on it on Sunday as well.

God forbid he get pissed at this.

http://www.webloungin.com/blowncall.wmv

Remember ladies, this is FOOTBALL not pansy ball. If you want to jump on Shula for cussing at bad callls then jump on all 100+ other coaches in div. 1A.

Thank God we have a coach with balls.

God forbid he get pissed at this.

http://www.webloungin.com/blowncall.wmv

Remember ladies, this is FOOTBALL not pansy ball. If you want to jump on Shula for cussing at bad callls then jump on all 100+ other coaches in div. 1A.

Thank God we have a coach with balls.

122333[/snapback]

Nobody said he couldn't complain about a blown/bad call. Heck, we had two bad PI calls on our guys in the UT game and I thought CTT was going to bust a vein in his forehead -- he looked like Saban after that personal foul call on the PAT in the LSU game.

The point is, the HC should know the camera is on him practically at all times. Learn to cuss under your breath, for Pete's sake. Rookies ... :no:

I'd rather see a fired up coach than I had a coach just clapping(dubose) or just smiling(tubs) when the sheet hits the fan.

Wow, you just put DuBose and Tuberville in the same sentence. And if you haven't ever seen Tubs get pissed you obviously haven't been watching many Auburn games.

Wow, you just put DuBose and Tuberville in the same sentence. And if you haven't ever seen Tubs get pissed you obviously haven't been watching many Auburn games.

122339[/snapback]

Actually I haven't got to watch two games this year, but I watched just about all the games last year. The LSU game comes to mind. The entire second half of the game he just stood there smiling.

a bammerboob only sees what he wants to see.....fact, reason and logic are things that are totally foreign to him....their make believe world is the only world that exists in the universe.....sad bunch.....i really do loathe that bunch of primates

In no way am I making excuses for CTT, because I too wanted to see more animation from him last year. But he had back surgery right before the season started which demobilized him. Then he was taking pain killers which further slowed him down. But I will say I've seen more animation from him this year than in the past.

a bammerboob only sees what he wants to see.....fact, reason and logic are things that are totally foreign to him....their make believe world is the only world that exists in the universe.....sad bunch.....i really do loathe that bunch of primates

122345[/snapback]

Stop sugarcoatin' man, tell how you really feel. ;)

Look, I'm not saying that we should condone foul language, but I'm not going to come down too hard on the man. I've seen a few curse words fly from the Auburn sideline or players before in pressure situations or over bad calls. And that was a horrible call and a game-changing moment.

I'd rather see a fired up coach than I had a coach just clapping(dubose) or just smiling(tubs) when the sheet hits the fan.

122338[/snapback]

But, Coach Tuberville has had SOOOOOOOOOOO much to SMILE about this year!

:lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

Yeah, they flipped the camera to Pollack telling Callaway that the blocked punt "hurt like sh**"...it was pretty funny. I think the networks like to do it because they can get away with it, even when it's plain as day that the player or coach is cursing.

Well, I also saw Jeremy Ingle clearly say, "Bulls**t" after he was called for holding late in the third quarter on a key Ronnie Brown run for a first down. Again, I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it happens and I don't think we should be so quick to judge. I don't know what I'd say in a pressure-packed situation like these guys face every weekend. I'd like to think I'd keep my mouth under control and handle it well, but I can't guarantee that I would.

I'm thankful there's not and f-bomb or bs indicator attached to my living room during the games. I'll let the coaches and players slide on that.

You make a good point about the network getting away with it. For years, TBS has been getting super close-ups of Bobby Cox doing a full frontal thumb assault on his nose goobers.

They know he's gonna' do it as soon as the camera hits him but they zone in for a good 20 seconds every time.

Comments:

--the only reason anyone is making a big deal out of Shula using bad language is because he had been on this pedastal as being Mr. Nice Guy and above all that. Now he's just your normal FB coach.

--Strey....in ral time I thought it was clear pass interference and I would have called it that way. However, if you watch the replay in slow motion it becomes more questionable. The bama receiver pushed off about the same time the LSU guy shoved him. It's kind of a draw and I don't know what the right call should have been. But it's history and I wouldn't be basing my case on that video.

122339[/snapback]

Dubose.jpg vs. tuberville_Cingular.jpg

:lol:

Archived