Louisville Slugger contract

I read where it expires soon. Did we renew, or will be go with somebody else? I would like to see us move to Easton or Wilson. Thoughts?

New coach...I expect a new contract with more money. From the piece in al.com it seems that the coaches get the benefit of the bat agreement at most schools. An interesting quote from last season: ............................. There may now be subtle differences within specific manufacturers. For example, some schools use a specific brand, and maybe that brand's modifications were more pronounced than those made by a different brand used at another school.

OU is one school that doesn't have an exclusive bat contract, so players can sift through piles of aluminum to find what works best for them. Golloway said that removes any excuse.

Golloway also said the dead bats contributed to his team's postseason demise last season. As the Sooners went into a funk, talented hitters with big career numbers and big swings, he suggested, were less willing to bunt runners around the bases in crucial situations, less willing to get away from what had worked for them in previous years.

"Now what I've seen are guys understanding," Golloway said. "Some of them are buying in, and the ones that don't are clearly gonna end up being replaced in the lineup by probably a less productive pure hitter, but a much more productive team player because they will bunt the ball."

We need the Nike contract George Orton has at Oregon. $150,000 per year and they don't even use Nike bats. Can't believe there's not an NCAA violation there.

As for TPX (Louisville Slugger), Easton or Demarini (Wilson) there's not much difference from a performance standpoint, they're all dead as wood when it comes to BBCOR .50 bats. On the defensive side, there's a bit of a trade off. Rawlings and Wilson (and All Star behind the plate) are the cream of the crop when it comes to gloves.

We need the Nike contract George Orton has at Oregon. $150,000 per year and they don't even use Nike bats. Can't believe there's not an NCAA violation there.

As for TPX (Louisville Slugger), Easton or Demarini (Wilson) there's not much difference from a performance standpoint, they're all dead as wood when it comes to BBCOR .50 bats. On the defensive side, there's a bit of a trade off. Rawlings and Wilson (and All Star behind the plate) are the cream of the crop when it comes to gloves.

I would have thought that players could pick out their own gloves.....man that so personal that allowing someone to dictate the brand seems really strange.

I would have thought that players could pick out their own gloves.....man that so personal that allowing someone to dictate the brand seems really strange.

Not when there are big dollar contracts available. The only exception you will occasionally find is the leather behind the plate and more often than not it's All Star. Actually both catchers in the current (MSU v. IU) game are wearing other than the rest of the team (Easton and Wilson respectively).

Shoot...it used to take a year or so just to get glove in good playing condition....but if it's free, that's something to consider now that they are so expensive.

Archived