2013 3* P Jimmy Hutchinson commits to AU! (grayshirt)

RunInRed

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best recruiting news of the spring/summer!!! I thought we had lost him . WAREAGLE!!!!!

Maybe Gus & Co. happened to see film of Clark's "work" last season and decided we may need Hutch sooner rather than later.

You are probably right. Best decision of the season by this staff!!!

Does this mean that Earnest Robinson and/or Jason Smith are definitely going prep or JUCO?

Yes. Though ellitor says otherwise, there was no reason to ask Hutch to grayshirt earlier and then take him in now except for the attrition that's occurred since signing day last February. Nothing has changed except for all the attrition. By my count if Robinson doesn't make it in we will have dropped 12 since the end of last season. Since a certain amount of attrition is predictable I was puzzled from the start as to why we'd give the nation's top punter a chance to choose another school. Thankfully, he stuck with Auburn.

Thinking back, I seem to remember a whole bunch of comments about how smart it was to greyshirt Hutch because of blah-blah-blah. It didn't make any sense to me then and it still doesn't today. If it made sense to hold him out those message board reasons would still hold today. So those reasons were not valid, leaving the question of roster spots being the only explanation for the change.

The coaches apparently wanted a number of vacancies held open and now the attrition has exceeded that number and Hutch is in. Good!

PS: Jason Smith is definitely headed to prep school and Robinson is in all likelihood headed for JUCO, if that's what you were concerned about.

Mikey, once again you hit the head on the nail. :bananadance:

Maybe Gus & Co. happened to see film of Clark's "work" last season and decided we may need Hutch sooner rather than later.

You are probably right. Best decision of the season by this staff!!!

Not sure if it's the best but it certainly isn't the worst. If I had to pick a best decision it would be the hiring of Coaches Craig and Garner IMO.

He's going to have the easiest position on the team, because the Gus Bus doesn't punt. If you hold us to three you have succeeded :P

Isn't this thread title a tad outdated now ? ;)

Yup and I have no idea what to do with it since I can't delete threads.

Call in the calvalry ? :dunno:

Fixed. I just merged 4 threads.

Fixed. I just merged 4 threads.

Victory, haha.

Missing on him would have been a costly error IMO. After 2011, I was worried Clark might leave early for (Caution: Author about to show stupidity) the NFL. LOL!

I forgot what 60 yard punts looked like until I watched his film.

I figured you went to your backyard and kicked a few punts.

• 1 month later...

Archived