2013 3* P Jimmy Hutchinson commits to AU! (grayshirt)

RunInRed

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be for that OJ Howard flip we were promised by reuben like 6 months ago...

This by far is the most reasonable explanation for the grey shirt theory. I expect a Howard to Auburn flip tomorrow.

We currently have 64 on scholarship currently with the 3 JC commits. That leaves 21 spots after the 3 JC guys bringing the total to 24. To sign 27, we have to clear 3 spots, Hutch being the first.

will he take classes at Auburn this summer/fall semester and his scholarship will activate next spring correct?

He could do that but not practice with the team or just wait and enroll next January. If he comes in this summer or fall he wouldn't have all the other bennies like training table housing etc...

will he take classes at Auburn this summer/fall semester and his scholarship will activate next spring correct?

He could do that but not practice with the team or just wait and enroll next January. If he comes in this summer or fall he wouldn't have all the other bennies like training table housing etc...

If he enrolls as a gray shirt then he has to pay his own way and be a regular student. His 5 to play 4 clock would start from the first day he enrolls for class even if he is not on scholarship. He could accept non athletic scholarship if he qualified but could still not practice with the team.

I'm not sure I understand this grrey shirt thing. Does this mean we'll never see Jimmy punting as an Auburn Tiger?

NOT AT ALL.

I've never understood what grey shirting really means.

When a school changes their jersey colors to grey. Kind of like orange face masking

I'm not crazy about the whole "grey shirt" thing, but if the kid/family knows exactly what it is and why it happened I'm ok with it. WDE Hutchison family!!

Archived