Rating the alltime QB's of Auburn

Newbomb

Ok who is #1 and who is #2 or 1a and 1b? I will admit I have no clue where to go from there on the QB list... I will go 1a Pat Sullivan as he played longer for Auburn and Cam Newton as 1b but its really tough as Cam led us to a Natty. So who would be #3 and so on?

I'd say cam first even though he only played a year. Just a dominant QB; pat definitely a 1b; maybe Stan White at 3 or Dameyunne Craig

Ill go:

1a. Cam

1b. Pat

2. Stan White

3. Craig

3b. Pat Nix

4. Randy Campbell

5. Jason Campbell (senior year)

5b. Reggie Slack

6. Brandon Cox

7. Jimmy Sidle (just because he had that rushing record that cam broke)

Chris Todd, I think if he would have had a few more years at Auburn, could have been really good, plus he broke the record for TDs thrown and had that record for not even a year haha so I could see putting him at 8 his senior year

Ill say I never saw a lot of these guys but just kind of go off stats and highlights I've seen from em

1. Cam Newton

2. Pat Sullivan

3. Dameyune Craig

4. Jason Campbell

5. Jimmy Sidle

6. Randy Campbell

7. Reggie Slack

8. Brandon Cox

9a. Pat Nix

9b. Stan White

10. Chris Todd

1 - Cam Newton

2 - Pat Sullivan

3 - Jason Campbell

4 - Dameyune Craig

5 - Jimmy Sidle

6 - Jeff Burger

7 - Stan White

8 - Brandon Cox

9 - Reggie Slack

10 - Pat Nix

1. Cam Newton

2. Pat Sullivan

3. Dameyune Craig

4. Jason Campbell

5. Jimmy Sidle

6. Randy Campbell

7. Reggie Slack

8. Brandon Cox

9a. Pat Nix

9b. Stan White

10. Chris Todd

Pretty spot on IMO. I might move Reggie up to #5 because I never saw Mr. Sidle play, but heard a lot about him in my youth. Thinking about it, I may switch Stan and Brandon also, just because of Stan's undefeated season.

I don't see how with a record of 29-9 (Which I believe is the/ tied for all time winningest QB) overall and a 3-0 record against the turds only gets you to #6 or #8. Brandon Cox has got to be at least be in the top 5. After 5 it gets too close for me to call.

1. Cam ( won Hiesman and NT)

2. Pat Sullivan ( Won Hiesman)

3. Brandon Cox

4. Stan Wite ( Only because he started all 4 years and went undefeated.)

5. Jason Campbell / Dameyune Craig

wow! no love for jeff burger? the man was tough as nails and a great leader on the field.

I'm going to do my list different from my RB list because it's a little easier to look at the stats and historical significance of Auburn's QB, whether or not you have seen them play.

1. Cam

2. Sully

3. Craig

4. J. Campbell

5. Sidle

6. Slack

7. R. Campbell

8. White

9. Cox

10. Nix

I haven't seen Ben Leard anywhere. He was responsible for the resurgency in the late 1990's/early 2000's. He also threw for 4 bills against the leg humpers.

I haven't seen Ben Leard anywhere. He was responsible for the resurgency in the late 1990's/early 2000's. He also threw for 4 bills against the leg humpers.

I had a hard time between him, Cox and Nix on my list

I thought of him, and he may have been after Chris Todd on my list, but just never gave him any love I guess :(

1 Cam

2 Sullivan

3 Craig

4 White

5 Campbell

6 Cox

7 Sidle

8 Slack

9 Burger

10 Nix

Which Campbell?

That would be helpful... Jason (I'll edit)

A lot of the records that Pat Sullivan broke belonged to Travis Tidwell and had stood for twenty years, interesting that nobody has mentioned him.

Looking at the career stats in the media guide, there is a consensus top five. Since Cam only played one year, he does not come up in career stats.

So taking that top five, and adding in Newton, here is my list:

1. Pat Sullivan

2. Cam Newton

3. Jason Campbell

4. Stan White

5a. Brandon Cox

5b. Dameyune Craig

Sully gets the nod at #1 because he played three years and won the Heisman.

Campbell led the 2004 squad, is the across the board #2 on every career stat, and is still playing in the NFL.

White was a four year starter, and leads the career stats.

Cox and Craig round out the top 5 because I am too much of a wuss to choose between the two, so I rated them a tie for fifth.

Second five:

7. Ben Leard

8. Chris Todd

9. Patrick Nix

10a. Randy Campbell

10b. Travis Tidwell

10c. Jimmy Sidle

Okay, I wussed out again with the three-way tie for tenth.

Honorable mention: Jeff Burger, for the 1986 game ending touchdown against Tennessee and for annoying Selena Roberts.

10. Lloyd Nix

9. Dameyune Craig

8. Reggie Slack

7. Patrick Nix

6. Travis Tidwell

5. Jimmy Sidle

4. Jason Campbell

3. Stan White

2. Pat Sullivan

1. Loran Carter/ Cam

D craig is no worse thsn 4rth.

I think he should be way up the list also. Until Cam, DC was the most athletic QB we have had in my life. A lot of the O was put on his shoulders, like Cam.

Archived