2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT PICK UP... Now we need  to get DeAndre Woods. I've know this young man since he was playing little league ball and he was a start..  mom is a HUGE AUBURN FAN.. :believe:

I just talked with my brother who is a volunteer coach at PVHS. He told me Robinson is the real deal.  He also told me he has the fram to get up to about 230lbs and that his bench press and squat numbers are correct because he saw him do it. However, he also told me Robinson will have some work to do in regards to grades, but also said he made a 17 on the ACT the first time he took it.  He also noted Robinson is a bit on the mature side but he has no doubts Robinson can be an impact type player.

I am a Pinson Valley alum and went to school with Coach Glover and his wife Erin. I spoke with her recently and she echoed her husbands quote saying "Earnest calls her mommy" and that he was like a son to them. She also told me she is confident his grades will improve. She said she read some of the responses to the news of the commit from Tider Insider and laughed at the bams are already accusing her of personally driving Earnest to AU to meet with the coaches. As if this were a NCAA violation or something....pathetic. She thought it was hilarious. Glad to you on board Earnest!! WDE!!!

:wareagle::believe:

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I am excited about Robinson. Maybe as much as any receiver recruit the past several years (along with Sammie Coates). Robinson may grow another inch or two and he is going to be an impact player at AU in the future IMO. Watch for him this year at Pinson as well. Glover is a good coach and a high ankle sprain can be a huge pain as a receiver. At 100% this year and a senior qb at Pinson, I think Robinson is going to have a GREAT senior year and we are going to be very happy he chose AU in the future. Guy is going to be a gamechanger like Julio was for Bama by the time he stops growing and filling out IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

I talked with my brother today who is a volunteer coach at Pinson Valley. He told me Robinson would more than likely sit out spring drills at PVHS. my brother told me Robinson and another player were horsing around and Robinson broke two or three teeth.  Nothing major, just thought some of you might want to know.

:tdau: :tdau: :tdau:

• 1 month later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

Keith Niebuhr: Earnest has a shot(On a top 100 spot). Will compete at Rivals 5-star Challenge in June. big kid. Physical WR. Opportunity is there for him to impress

Guest EagleDamnWar

Visiting alabama.  Apparently they are showing more interest after he commited to AU.

Visiting alabama.  Apparently they are showing more interest after he commited to AU.

Alabama has always showed Robinson "interest".  He's had an offer from them forever.  Also, Robinson said he would likely continue to take visits.  So, really nothing has changed here.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but Robinson is one guy I feel really good about sticking with his commitment.

When are his visits?

Guest EagleDamnWar

Alabama has always showed Robinson "interest".  He's had an offer from them forever.  Also, Robinson said he would likely continue to take visits.  So, really nothing has changed here.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but Robinson is one guy I feel really good about sticking with his commitment.

"Playing time is really important, and Auburn has told me I can play when I get there," Robinson said. "I like how Auburn does the spread and gives more guys the chance to make plays. Alabama is more of a running team with one go-to receiver."

However, his recruitment did not end after his commitment to the Tigers, although Robinson thinks the latest push in his recruitment could have come out of spite.

"I think Alabama just wants me because I committed to Auburn," Robinson said. "They were not on me as much before I committed, then Lance Thompson told me that Auburn would not be good for me and that the Crimson Tide was the way to go."

Still, the rising senior wideout is expected to visit Tuscaloosa on Monday, leaving the door cracked open somewhat for the Crimson Tide to sneak in and switch Robinson from their hated rival.

"I am committed to Auburn, but you never know," Robinson said.

so is this to say you have no confidence in AU coaching staff's ability to keep recruits?  we have essentially had two high profile flips (to my recollection) in CGC's 3+ recrruiting seasons.  otherwise, they've done pretty well keeping the recruits in our classes.  a little faith and confidence in our coaches will go a long way.  Have faith!

Archived