2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visiting alabama.  Apparently they are showing more interest after he commited to AU.

Alabama has always showed Robinson "interest".  He's had an offer from them forever.  Also, Robinson said he would likely continue to take visits.  So, really nothing has changed here.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but Robinson is one guy I feel really good about sticking with his commitment.

"Playing time is really important, and Auburn has told me I can play when I get there," Robinson said. "I like how Auburn does the spread and gives more guys the chance to make plays. Alabama is more of a running team with one go-to receiver."

However, his recruitment did not end after his commitment to the Tigers, although Robinson thinks the latest push in his recruitment could have come out of spite.

"I think Alabama just wants me because I committed to Auburn," Robinson said. "They were not on me as much before I committed, then Lance Thompson told me that Auburn would not be good for me and that the Crimson Tide was the way to go."

Still, the rising senior wideout is expected to visit Tuscaloosa on Monday, leaving the door cracked open somewhat for the Crimson Tide to sneak in and switch Robinson from their hated rival.

"I am committed to Auburn, but you never know," Robinson said.

If this is the only reason why someone should change schools then that is pretty weak. Hopefully Robinson will see the truth that there is a better chance of playing time at Auburn than the Turds. Lance Thompson is a douche also.

Visiting alabama.  Apparently they are showing more interest after he commited to AU.

Alabama has always showed Robinson "interest".  He's had an offer from them forever.  Also, Robinson said he would likely continue to take visits.  So, really nothing has changed here.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but Robinson is one guy I feel really good about sticking with his commitment.

"Playing time is really important, and Auburn has told me I can play when I get there," Robinson said. "I like how Auburn does the spread and gives more guys the chance to make plays. Alabama is more of a running team with one go-to receiver."

However, his recruitment did not end after his commitment to the Tigers, although Robinson thinks the latest push in his recruitment could have come out of spite.

"I think Alabama just wants me because I committed to Auburn," Robinson said. "They were not on me as much before I committed, then Lance Thompson told me that Auburn would not be good for me and that the Crimson Tide was the way to go."

Still, the rising senior wideout is expected to visit Tuscaloosa on Monday, leaving the door cracked open somewhat for the Crimson Tide to sneak in and switch Robinson from their hated rival.

If this is the only reason why someone should change schools then that is pretty weak. Hopefully Robinson will see the truth that there is a better chance of playing time at Auburn than the Turds. Lance Thompson is a douche also.

I think this is the more telling part of the quote.

If they really wanted Earnest, they would have been recruiting him this whole time. They are just doing this to counter Auburn if Foster flips to us. Somebody needs to get in Earnest's ear.

I hope we can keep him. That being said, I am always leary of kids who committ early in the process and continue to take visits elsewhere.

To be honest, I am less than worried about E.R. flipping to bama, seems he sees the light in what he said, "I think they are rectuiting me out of spite." lol if he flips to bama he was never ours to begin with after that statement.  Who really goes somewhere else when you suspect that the only reason for your recruitment is to get back at someone else. 

If they really wanted Earnest, they would have been recruiting him this whole time. They are just doing this to counter Auburn if Foster flips to us. Somebody needs to get in Earnest's ear.

They have been recruiting him a long time. They just picked it up recently. This visit is nothing new.

They have been recruiting him a long time. They just picked it up recently. This visit is nothing new.

Didn't say it was anything new. Our staff encourages kids to take all of their visits.

Didn't say it was anything new. Our staff encourages kids to take all of their visits.

The nothing new was not for you my friend. It was for the more concerned segment of the Auburn family.

I have heard whispers about eligibility concerns, nothing major, but with this most recent term ending and new grades/possible test scores it could be that they decided to take the chance.

Peopleneed to realize that  there are many different reasons to pick up interest in a recruit, missing out on higher players on the board, change in eligibility, noticing mistakes in evaluations or even re-evaluating needs. While there is something to say about flexing your muscle and winning the political side of things, not every single recruit bama goes after that is committed to Auburn is just to "put us in  our place." If anything, if they are willing to take that player and considering where that program is at, it should be a testament to the quality of recruiting we are doing.

With all that said, in the spray painted words of Dean Foy on the Compass Bank at Toomer's Corner after Punt Bama Punt, if they steal Earnest Robinson away from us, "BUCK FAMA"

Saban has been doing a good job of convincing all the WR recruits over the last few years that he is suddenly going to start throwing the ball around if they come. Only to find out he just wanted them to block for his RBs or convert to DB.

At least ER and Liner can see through Saban's crap. If only the others would too.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Earnest decided to cancel his visit to Alabama.  Robinson was feeling a little pressure to visit Alabama, but decided against it. He will be back in Auburn later this summer for camp.

This is awesome. This past weekend and now this...what else can a guy ask for??

commitments from Adams, Bell, Rogers, Foster, Bower or Bellamy, Dye or Ryan Green, and Matthews.

This is awesome. This past weekend and now this...what else can a guy ask for??

commitments from Adams, Bell, Rogers, Foster, Bower or Bellamy, Dye or Ryan Green, and Matthews.

:laugh: 

That's a lot to ask for.

Link to an article: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8001611/earnest-robinson-recruitment-renews-iron-bowl-rivalry

A quote from the article: "I think Alabama just wants me because I committed to Auburn," Robinson said. "They were not on me as much before I committed, then Lance Thompson told me that Auburn would not be good for me and that the Crimson Tide was the way to go."

Why am I not surprised?

War Eagle

Edit: Sorry, maybe I should have put this under the "2013 WR Earnest Robinson Commits" thread.

My man Ernest. WDE!!!  :bow: :bow:

This. I said earlier in this thread Robinson is a HUGE pickup and how I think he is STILL underrated with his size, physicality and hands.

He is towards the absolute top of my favorites now with his no nonsense approach to the BS that comes out of eastern mississippi. He sees through it and not only that, but calls it like it is and is loyal it appears.

Bama says he didnt show up cause they only offered him for a TE position!  :laugh:

I love it. Chiz and company are slowly eating away at Saban's reign. This staff is relentless.

I don' know....you sure can't like this quote from Robinson in the ESPN piece when talking about a visit to Bama.

Archived