Loeffler's Comments

Sid

Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT

Loeffler tells RV crowd that VT will be a pro-style offense that huddles and has the ability to no-huddle. He wants to be balanced.

Loeffler on Logan: "I wish to goodness I had him for 4 years, because he reminds me of guys who are making a lot and lot of money"

Loeffler reiterates he'll be calling plays from the press box. "You take the emotion away," he said.

Loeffler: "I was a really bad coach last year, and it wasn't because I got dumb overnight. Recruiting is the world."

Loeffler on Nick Saban: "His defense is more complex than any college defense in the country."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic cop-out..."I was a bad coach because I had bad players." VT may be a better fit for Loeffler, but I have no doubt the staff, work ethic, and philosophy of Gus will be a much better fit for Auburn, especially after a year with some growing pains.

Tunde Fariyike ‏@tfreaky65

I hope we play VT in a bowl game this year. We'll show you "recruiting is the world"

What little respect I had left for that man is finished.

Get 'em Tunde!

What an idiot!! Look for him to fail at VT as well!

To be fair, VT's personnel seems to fit his style better. Nevertheless, the suggestion that Auburn hasn't recruited well is absurd.

This is the same guy who told Jacob Park not to commit to AU!!! Talk about recruiting issues!! He needs to take a long hard look in the mirror tonight before bed. After he says night night to Tommy B.

You guys are a trip. I am pretty sure he was saying he didn't have the right type of players for his system. As in, all of our recruits that he coached were brought here to play in a fast paced, HUNH complex offense. Sometimes the persecution complex is strong around here.

I'm glad he's gone, if Alabama wants a substitute Defensive Coordinator, I already know what play he's going to run. And this is coming from a die hard Auburn fan. I hope Alabama stomps them 70-0.

Loeffler tells RV crowd that VT will be a pro-style offense that huddles and has the ability to no-huddle. He wants to be balanced.

Loeffler on Logan: "I wish to goodness I had him for 4 years, because he reminds me of guys who are making a lot and lot of money"

Loeffler reiterates he'll be calling plays from the press box. "You take the emotion away," he said.

Loeffler: "I was a really bad coach last year, and it wasn't because I got dumb overnight. Recruiting is the world."

Loeffler on Nick Saban: "His defense is more complex than any college defense in the country."

So let me get this straight, you're implying you had better talent...at Temple!?! You had no credibility as an OC, now I have to question your sanity.

Furthermore, I would like to think we will win more than VT this year.

I have to agree with him he was a bad coach last year. Enough said!

You guys are a trip. I am pretty sure he was saying he didn't have the right type of players for his system. As in, all of our recruits that he coached were brought here to play in a fast paced, HUNH complex offense. Sometimes the persecution complex is strong around here.

Exactly.

I thought the more interesting quote had to do with Saban running the "most complex" defense - especially in light of the HUNH discussions.

So let me get this straight, you're implying you had better talent...at Temple!?! You had no credibility as an OC, now I have to question your sanity.

I think you are implying that.

Perhaps, but the fact that I deduced that from what he said doesn't mean it was not his intention.

I think you mean that you think Eclectic Tiger is inferring that...:tease:

Perhaps, but the fact that I deduced that from what he said doesn't mean it was not his intention.

That's true, but I didn't deduce that at all.

I think you mean that you think Eclectic Tiger is inferring that... :tease:

Sir, I would like to infer this:

COOOOOLD BLOOOODED!!!!

That's true, but I didn't deduce that at all.

That's the beauty of this forum; we can read things, come to our own conclusion and discuss it like adults.

I think we can agree on one thing...War Eagle!

His play calling was atrocious and predictable. I mean two weeks before playing Arky he and Chizik developed the worse bye week game plan I have ever seen. Not to mention as a so called QB guru - all three of the QBs looked lost and confused the entire season. He may not have had all the tools but that was no excuse. That offense was terrible to watch last year. And as for his comment, just say I did not do a good job last year and leave it at that...

When VT gets crushed this year and AU greatly improves we will all know the truth of Loefflers comments. I was honestly surprised he found another job especially at VT. I wonder what that interview was like.

Archived