2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 1 (Fri, Aug 2)

RunInRed

Good grief, JJ came to play. I heard he added 20 lbs to his 6'6 frame. He'll be a beast (if not already) by the time he leaves AU.

In addition, the majority of the team looks like they've added quite a bit of bulk since last season.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, this looks like a football team again. CDC looks like he could play right now.

I was thinking that too. Let's put some pads on him. :)

Rodney Garner seems fired up ...

"We gotta play with pad level, we gotta create a new line of scrimmage, every time that damn ball is snapped!"

Now that's what I'm talkin about! :aufb:

Am I just seeing what I want to see or do our players have muscles on their arms for the first time?

Uh, this looks like a football team again. CDC looks like he could play right now.

I was thinking that too. Let's put some pads on him. :)/>

Dude, DC would have been crazy good in Gus' system. Sign him up, QB problem solved. :)

I am pulling for Tucker, but dang he is small next to the other QB's.

He's there to learn.

Yeah, I know. I still hope to see him get a series in a game before his days at Auburn are over.

Don't let Marshall's size fool you...watched him all my life...he can get the job done...and well.

I absolutely hope so. Problem is no one, even people who have watched him their whole life, has ever seen him compete at QB against an SEC level D. He's a bit of an unknown commodity as far as that goes.

I'm ready to find our QB for this season, and beyond. Let's be serious about who'll help us win. I think this is what the coaches will do.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about this year. Last year was really bad. I know this year will be better. Just waiting to see how much.

:wareagle:

9113543.jpeg

Nick Marshall shows off his arm in Auburn's first practice

(Todd Van Emst photo)

"The first part of practice we let the older guys who went through spring, and let our two new guys sit back and watch and see how everything went.

"It was very equal among the four of them all day."

Malzahn's assessment of Nick Marshall went like this: "Very good arm strength, there's no doubt, not just the long throws, but he throws the short throws real hard, too. It's going to be a matter of him learning the offense."

Malzahn said Jeremy Johnson "has run a similar offense before, so a lot of the communication stuff he's got down. It's just a matter of learning a few new schemes. He also has an outstanding arm. We recruited him for this offense."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080313aah.html

13185998-mmmain.jpg

Auburn quarterbacks Jeremy Johnson (6) and Nick Marshall (14) warm up during practice Friday, Aug. 2, 2013,

at the Auburn Football Complex in Auburn, Ala. (Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

Archived