2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 5 (Tues, Aug 6)

RunInRed

We put the pads on today! Media schedule as follows (updates should start flowing in shortly after these times ... get your refresh button ready):

• 4-4:20 p.m. -- Pre-practice & stretch open to media
  • 6:45 p.m. -- Coordinators, selected players post-practice interviews

And now, we wait ...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why won't this magical refresh button bring me the things I want to see?!!?!?!?!

Are you clicking on the ads between refreshes? ;)

Why won't this magical refresh button bring me the things I want to see?!!?!?!?!

I already watch Master Chef so I don't feel the need to click that one...but I haven't been to McDonald's in a while.. :bananadance:

No scrimmage today. The first scrimmage will not occur until this Saturday at JHS.

Not 100% sure, but I think I've heard the first scrimmage will be tomorrow

Possibly ... we'll look for confirmation today ...

I already watch Master Chef so I don't feel the need to click that one...but I haven't been to McDonald's in a while.. :bananadance:

Found out Grainger has v belts....... hey...any new fruit photos?

No scrimmage today. The first scrimmage will not occur until this Saturday at JHS.

Not 100% sure, but I think I've heard the first scrimmage will be tomorrow

+1

Alright, time to get serious, here's what we learned from the first 20 minutes of today's practice ...

Safety Demetruce McNeal (staph infection/surgery) seems to be moving around better but still out.

Auburn players stretch before first day in full pads.

0b7d04a4fee111e2978e22000a1fb9d3_7.jpg

@bmarcello

After practice ice tubs for the players.

BRBBpQICMAAvpTF.jpg

@awpenny247

Change in OL: second team RG was Will Adams, Jordan Diamond did not work with 1st/2nd team in dril

Quarterbacks worked in handoffs and read option on the side

Saw personnel from the New Orleans Saints, Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers observing #Auburn practice

Anthony Swain and LaDarius Owens were second team LBs w/Robenson Therezie at Star

Punt returners were Reed, Bray, Stevens, C Davis, M Davis

Kick returners were Jones, Louis, Sammie Coates, Grant, Mason and Ford

And yes, it was raining outside. After that...not much from today's open session.

Oh yeah and a key observation: Gus Malzahn and Dameyune Craig rocking long-sleeve T-shirts and shorts, that's my kinda style

@JamesCrepea

QB Jonathan Wallace continued taking snaps from starting center Reese Dismukes. Wallace was also holding for field goals.

Starting offensive line stayed the same: Greg Robinson, Alex Kozan, Reese Dismukes, Chad Slade, Avery Young.

2nd OL: LT Shon Coleman, LG Devonte Danzey, C Tunde Fariyike, RG Will Adams, RT Patrick Miller. Jordan Diamond not on first 2 teams.

Didn't see #Auburn's 1st-team defense today, but 2nd team defense included DEs Gimel President/Craig Sanders, DTs Jeff Whitaker/Ben Bradley.

Backup D: DEs President/Sanders, DTs Niles/Bradley, LBs Owens/Swain, CBs Jones/Smith, S Fisher, star Therezie.

The first full-pad practice was more physical, as expected. DBs worked on jamming drills. OL half-speed blocking.

Quarterbacks worked on footwork, as has been their early-practice routine. I did not see any throw passes.

@AUBlog

Looks like Demetruce McNeal's a little bit more bouncy today. ... That's really all I've got from practice. Oh, and Wallace holding on kicks

Looks like I took this TMZ shot from a submarine, but that's Wallace working on holding kicks

8681eacafee111e2912622000a9f307a_7.jpg

@JoelAEricksonAU

Aside from one drill the offensive line went outside for, everything else took place the indoor practice facility due to rain

One unit affected by practice being indoors was, not surprisingly, the punt returners. Saw quite a few kicks from Steven Clark hit the roof.

@wareagleextra

via @BMatt247 (Free Content) ...

Not a whole lot to report watching the first 15 minutes of today's practice that included warmups but here we go...

The entire team was in the indoor practice facility for the start of workouts due to rain.

More (basically rehashing what's above) here: http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/Topic/42/20398214

Wallace's hard work paying off! And NFL teams attending? Interesting.

Keep saying don't count JW out of it. Kid may not be as talented as the other 3 but he works his butt off...going the extra mile.

But..... But but but..... No fruit?

We gave you ice tubs ... I mean come on ... what else ya want?!

Draw the line or they'll be asking for steam room shots next.

I want pics of all the guys jammed into those couple ice tubs while chowing down on some fruit kabobs. Make it happen, RIR.

9119292.jpeg

Auburn quarterbacks working inside, again (Todd Van Emst photo)

Auburn was dressed in its Saturday best for practice Tuesday. It was the first day in full pads and full uniforms of fall practice.

The early work was typical: The quarterbacks basically throwing amongst themselves in the indoor facility. The early work had everybody else in there, too, except for the sturdy offensive linemen, who went out in the rain for a short time.

Punter Steven Clark launched a bunch of punts that nearly hit the very high ceiling on the indoor facility, including one that somehow made it over inside arch but was short of the roof. Clearance? A foot? Two feet?

Once the media left, the Tigers got down to real business.

http://www.auburntig.../080613aaw.html

13203427-mmmain.jpg

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn watches the Tigers stretch during the first day in full pads.

(Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

Quarterback Jonathon Wallace and Nick Marshall worked with running backs Tre Mason and Cameron Artis-Payne in hand-off and read-options drills for the second straight day. We didn't see the quarterbacks throw any passes today, either.

Kiehl Frazier and Jonathon Wallace were also out in front when the Tigers lined up stretch. Wallace slapped helmets, a few backsides and even did a chest bump in mid-air with receiver Ricardo Louis as teammates got ready for the "flex" period of practice.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/08/auburn_practice_report_qb_jona.html

Archived