New Names for 2014

Dixie1860

Anyone else notice that suddenly a kid's academic standing is no longer considered off-base? Latest examples being Nick Glass, Bo Scarborough and Arthur Marshall. I, for one, am glad because I think grades are an integral part of a kid's resume. Also, says a lot about the prospect himself. It also minimizes "surprises" like Jason Smith and Earnest Robinson.

It is the reason a bunch of kids that could be stars will be sitting at home or toiling away in JUCO for one more shot this fall. I try to explain this to my daughter that you can't wait until your SR year to decide you want a good job one day.

Anyone else notice that suddenly a kid's academic standing is no longer considered off-base? Latest examples being Nick Glass, Bo Scarborough and Arthur Marshall. I, for one, am glad because I think grades are an integral part of a kid's resume. Also, says a lot about the prospect himself. It also minimizes "surprises" like Jason Smith and Earnest Robinson.

This is the first I have heard of this on Marshall. I doubt Wake and Duke would offer him with grade issues.

This is the first I have heard of this on Marshall. I doubt Wake and Duke would offer him with grade issues.

You're thinking Andrew Marshall and I meant Arthur Williams. Too many Williams and Marshalls on our prospect list. Sorry.

You're thinking Andrew Marshall and I meant Arthur Williams. Too many Williams and Marshalls on our prospect list. Sorry.

We have a bunch of different Rashaan, Raekwon, Rashed kinda names as well. Too bad we don't appoint someone as a Recruiting Board "Keeper", if there was just someone capable...

Archived