New Names for 2014

Dixie1860

Okay, I am a bit burnt out on the names we have. If anyone comes across any new players or kids we should watch, let's have it!! One kid I am excited about is Jeffrey Holland. The MLB from FL! 2015 recruit whose uncle played Basketball! http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/131886-2015-5-1-olb-jeffery-holland/page__hl__holland

Kid is a stud and is what we need at a position of GREAT need!!

He is for sure a players we must keep both eyes on during the next 2 years. If he is still a top LB come 2015, then yes, we should push really hard to get him. Uncle Charles should give better PR if his nephew signs with Auburn.

We need to get on Raekwan since Evans may bolt. Sell him on outplaying Foster at his own game.

Don't forget. The staff will be content with only 2 LBs in this class.

Well they may be but Dixie isn't!!! Tell them to put that it their pipe and smoke it! Bet they get scared when you tell 'em...

Well they may be but Dixie isn't!!! Tell them to put that it their pipe and smoke it! Bet they get scared when you tell 'em...

Clearly it's getting close to kickoff because you are feelin it! You are looking at a possible All-American internet poster season if your not careful. :)

We need to get on Raekwan since Evans may bolt. Sell him on outplaying Foster at his own game.

From Johnson's talk a couple days ago after practice, it seems as though he isn't satisfied with LB play. He said the best LB we have is Holland, and none of the others are really making improvements since the spring. Now unless we get 2 top-notch LB's, I think we should get at least 3.

From Johnson's talk a couple days ago after practice, it seems as though he isn't satisfied with LB play. He said the best LB we have is Holland, and none of the others are really making improvements since the spring. Now unless we get 2 top-notch LB's, I think we should get at least 3.

Tre is top notch and Davis is too, at least in terms of a coverage LB. And remember we only have 2 LBs on the field at a time.

I know we aren't on his list but since he claims no leader then we should try. I don't think we were high on Daniels or Alexander's lists either. Now granted "Mr. The Truth" is ranked a bit higher but...

Tre is top notch and Davis is too, at least in terms of a coverage LB. And remember we only have 2 LBs on the field at a time.

True, but Johnson wants 4 or 5 playing throughout the season. At least that is what he says. I have to ask though, why is there speculation of Evans not coming to AU?

I know we aren't on his list but since he claims no leader then we should try. I don't think we were high on Daniels or Alexander's lists either. Now granted "Mr. The Truth" is ranked a bit higher but...

We could only hope at this point. We still have an entire season of football to play. Maybe we will make a strong move on him, but odds are probably not. Daniels never really released a top 6 this early in the recruiting process.

True, but Johnson wants 4 or 5 playing throughout the season. At least that is what he says. I have to ask though, why is there speculation of Evans not coming to AU?

It's all covered in the Evans thread. To summarize Evans came out with an ordered top 5 a couple of months ago with UGA 1 and Auburn 5. Many of us thought Evans was BSing. Then he came out with a top 4 a couple of weeks ago with no order. AU and UGA are in it. It was also around then I found out through a couple of sources that Evans really would like to get away from the city of Auburn since he has been here all his life. Combine that with UGA being his first offer and surprisingly not Auburn, plus with other things and it points to UGA leading. Evans is one where how our team plays will affect our chances with him.

I want the Holland kid. And now for something completely different...who is heading up the 2013 AUF Golf Tournament? Young Logan, your in college, stop studying and get on that will you? I'd hate to have to send a bad report back home...just sayin'...I'm not above (or below in this case) blackmail. Just ask my old buddy "Whitey" in Boston.

Edit: that might go over everyone's head but me, Pops and Golf..

IThis!! If you want a two deep next year, you have to sign 3, even 4 if the right ones become available. Right now, on our roster, we have no LBs that are SEC ready. Harsh but true, and please note I said right now. I'll give them the benefit for improvement as the season progresses.

I will wait until I see a couple of games before I say we don't have any top SEC LBr's. A brand new defense takes time to learn with lots of reps. So far we keeping putting in new sets so none have had enough reps. Also some players are better in practice then games and some are better in games than practice. After third game against Miss. State I will tell you if we have any ALL SEC type linebackers.

We have a good group of second teamer's. None of our current LB's are All-SEC types.

Mckenzy(sp) says HELLO. I would say he has the most "potential" to be all-SEC

I will wait until I see a couple of games before I say we don't have any top SEC LBr's. A brand new defense takes time to learn with lots of reps. So far we keeping putting in new sets so none have had enough reps. Also some players are better in practice then games and some are better in games than practice. After third game against Miss. State I will tell you if we have any ALL SEC type linebackers.

+1

We have a good group of second teamer's. None of our current LB's are All-SEC types.

I apologize if I underestimated our current LB's but I think we have one serviceable guy in JH who I think will have his best season yet. With Cass you have a guy that is as good as any on two of every four downs. Frost is maybe the best athlete at LB but has not shown the ability to unseat JH so I'm not sure what you call it. And we have Flowers who may be the best of the four but needs to know the defense. We need Tre Williams as our MLB of tomorrow, setting our D, calling coverages. But we so far don't have a WLB that can play sideline to sideline, rush the QB and cover a TE/RB if needed. Even if a current player ends up making the cut, we need to sign as many as we can, as they don't all make the cut.

I apologize if I underestimated our current LB's but I think we have one serviceable guy in JH who I think will have his best season yet. With Cass you have a guy that is as good as any on two of every four downs. Frost is maybe the best athlete at LB but has not shown the ability to unseat JH so I'm not sure what you call it. And we have Flowers who may be the best of the four but needs to know the defense. We need Tre Williams as our MLB of tomorrow, setting our D, calling coverages. But we so far don't have a WLB that can play sideline to sideline, rush the QB and cover a TE/RB if needed. Even if a current player ends up making the cut, we need to sign as many as we can, as they don't all make the cut.

A lot of what you are saying is based on last year. DB's played way off receivers allowing quick passed before LBrs even had time to drop back into coverage, D-Line was being pushed around allowing O-Line to get to LBrs no LBr is good if O-line can easily get to them. Holland was playing on two bad ankles and Frost was becoming a LBr remember he originally was a receiver. Based on what we saw last year I can't disagree with your assesments. I just believe these guys have more talent then the D showed last year. If what I am reading the DB's wiill play tighter and the D-Line got stronger physically during offseason then Line Backer play should be much improved.

It is a new D so in first few games I think they will play hard make some great plays and also possibly have a few oh oh moments. I think as the season goes on they will surprise you and show very well.

I am not an expert but that is my Opinion which with a couple of bucks will buy you a coffee at McDonald's.

Wow, McDonald's raised the price of coffee. I happen to agree with you, and maybe I just expect to have Takeo Spikes every year, is that too much to ask?

Archived