Sir Charles "I took money..."

Weegle777

Even though everybody knows this, media stirring it up again about Charles taking cash from agents. Ridiculous. They just can't get off of AU. Are they this butthurt?

Um, its not on ESPN's main page, CNNSI's, or Al.com's Auburn page. Not really sure what you're getting at, but it's not the media's fault that Charles is a loudmouth. It can't be construed as "getting on AU" when your most famous basketball player, who also happens to be a media darling, comes out and volunteers the info.

He said this a few yrs ago. No big deal. Charles is honest and some people, especially AU fans don't like to hear the truth. I like Charles and respect him for telling it how it is.

He said this a few yrs ago. No big deal. Charles is honest and some people, especially AU fans don't like to hear the truth. I like Charles and respect him for telling it how it is.

I like Charles also. When it comes to Auburn, he needs to keep his mouth shut. He isn't an idiot. He has seen how the media has piled on Auburn, on more than one occasion. I have seen him, to many times, say something that puts Auburn in a very bad light. Honest is one thing......stupid is another.

25 years ago? Who cares? Barkley is going to be Barkley. Just laugh with him or at him, whichever turns your laffer on.

• 1 month later...

He wasn't that good.

LOL you never saw him play did you? I was in Auburn the night that Kentucky then ranked #1 @ 17 - 0 with the Twin Towers Bowie and Turpin and Kyle Macy rolled into Auburn and Barkley made Bowie and Turpin look like it was their 1st time on the hardwood. Barkley had 38 points and 24 rebounds and Auburn whipped UK by almost 30 points. He was pretty good then and when his pro career was over he was picked one of the best 50 all time to play in the NBA.!

He wasn't that good.

LOL you never saw him play did you? I was in Auburn the night that Kentucky then ranked #1 @ 17 - 0 with the Twin Towers Bowie and Turpin and Kyle Macy rolled into Auburn and Barkley made Bowie and Turpin look like it was their 1st time on the hardwood. Barkley had 38 points and 24 rebounds and Auburn whipped UK by almost 30 points. He was pretty good then and when his pro career was over he was picked one of the best 50 all time to play in the NBA.!

Thank you. Anyone that thinks Sir Charles "wasn't that good" either knows little about the game, never saw him play, or is just a plain hater.

Even though everybody knows this, media stirring it up again about Charles taking cash from agents. Ridiculous. They just can't get off of AU. Are they this butthurt?

I'm just longing for the day when we have a player good enough to need an agent!

Archived