Jerome Seagears compared Auburn to Mars

auburn4ever

Rutgers guard Jerome Seagears compared Auburn to Mars.

“It was just different. It’s like trying to go to Mars,” Seagears, who briefly transferred to Auburn in the offseason before heading back to Rutgers, told SNY.tv's Matt Sugam. “Try and live on Mars. It’s a whole new environment. It was going to take a whole lot of time to adjust to.”

Rutgers guard Jerome Seagears compared Auburn to Mars.

“It was just different. It’s like trying to go to Mars,” Seagears, who briefly transferred to Auburn in the offseason before heading back to Rutgers, told SNY.tv's Matt Sugam. “Try and live on Mars. It’s a whole new environment. It was going to take a whole lot of time to adjust to.”

Not surprised....I'm aways amazed that kids from Chicago or other large cities away from the south are able to adjust to the way of life in a small southern town like AU. Not saying one is better or worse....but no question....while New Jersey has some great places to live, it is definitely different.

I could see how a kid from New Jersey would have a tough time adjusting to AU. Would have been smart on his part to think about that prior to transfering....but what do I know

Oh, the po' lil' thang couldn't stand "culture shock"? Guess what, tens of thousands of 17 and 18 year olds go off to college or the military service every year and manage to adjust. We're better off with this spoiled brat back in New Jersey.

Dude didn't fit in down here and decided to move back to NJ, I ain't mad at him. I bet if they sent me up to NJ for a week or 2 I'd be finding a bus ticket back to the Plains pretty quick.

*** this ***

It's better for us and him to find out now, than him trying to stick it out for a while and then going elsewhere. He man'ed up that's all.... hell yeah...not that it's a choice I'd ever make.

Dude didn't fit in down here and decided to move back to NJ, I ain't mad at him. I bet if they sent me up to NJ for a week or 2 I'd be finding a bus ticket back to the Plains pretty quick.

He made a bad decision...not the first guy to do that.....but at least he dealt with it right away instead of moping through a season.

And I love the comment from Barbee today about some players last year being "sensitive to criticism from team mates". Hope the babies have moved on for this season.

Oh, the po' lil' thang couldn't stand "culture shock"? Guess what, tens of thousands of 17 and 18 year olds go off to college or the military service every year and manage to adjust. We're better off with this spoiled brat back in New Jersey.

comments like this make me wonder, never met folks like this at Auburn. Took pride in the fact that we wish people the best. he quickly realized that this was not the place for him to continue his future. Best of luck to him and sorry this was not a place for him to finish his career, as a northerner who went to the South I greatly appreciate all the values and great education I received, but I understand and respect his decision and the fact that he did it quickly and allowed the team to react and develop.

comments like this make me wonder, never met folks like this at Auburn. Took pride in the fact that we wish people the best. he quickly realized that this was not the place for him to continue his future. Best of luck to him and sorry this was not a place for him to finish his career, as a northerner who went to the South I greatly appreciate all the values and great education I received, but I understand and respect his decision and the fact that he did it quickly and allowed the team to react and develop.

You're a nicer guy than I am. Kudos.

I guess its more PC to say that than "I saw what the roster was made up of first hand and ran all the way back home" hahaha

I left home and joined the military service shortly after my 17th birthday. Maybe if I'd had an option I would heve whined about "culture shock" and crawled back home with my tail between my legs. Lucky for me, there was no such option.

I would probably feel the same way or worse if I moved to New Jersey. That is a very very different place than Auburn, AL.

I would probably feel the same way or worse if I moved to New Jersey. That is a very very different place than Auburn, AL.

And that's quite an understatement!

Archived