Still No Respect...

BigWhiskey91

On the way to class this afternoon I was listening in to the local ESPN (95.7) radio channel (yeah i know....ESPN...) trying to listen to what they had to say about the NFL games on Sunday. During the middle of their discussion about the ATL game, a UGA fan called in to talk about the Falcons problems and he wound up getting led into a conversation about UGA losing to Vandy. Somehow, he gets to talking about Aub jumping to 11 in the polls and stating that Auburn has only played 2 rank teams and is 1-1. He then decides to talk about how we are still only going to go 8-4 and that we Malzahn is a joke. He said we were no threat to pass the ball and teams will just load up and stop our weak run game.

I honestly wanted to call in and straighten this guys out. Not only have we played 3 ranked teams (2-1) but we have been improving along the way. Aub has the top rushing offense in the SEC, and A&M loaded the box with 9-10 guys and still couldnt stop the interior running game. He also decided to talk about the no-call on the "SURE Horse-collar". I guess he missed the holding calls during the game. The guys on the radio show were semi agreeing but only corrected him by saying if UGA played the way they did against vandy, Auburn would drill them a new one.

I guess it is just pure frustration that we are getting no respect and people seem to think we dont belong at 11. Figured id vent here, anyone else feel the same? lol

On the way to class this afternoon I was listening in to the local ESPN (95.7) radio channel (yeah i know....ESPN...) trying to listen to what they had to say about the NFL games on Sunday. During the middle of their discussion about the ATL game, a UGA fan called in to talk about the Falcons problems and he wound up getting led into a conversation about UGA losing to Vandy. Somehow, he gets to talking about Aub jumping to 11 in the polls and stating that Auburn has only played 2 rank teams and is 1-1. He then decides to talk about how we are still only going to go 8-4 and that we Malzahn is a joke. He said we were no threat to pass the ball and teams will just load up and stop our weak run game.

I honestly wanted to call in and straighten this guys out. Not only have we played 3 ranked teams (2-1) but we have been improving along the way. Aub has the top rushing offense in the SEC, and A&M loaded the box with 9-10 guys and still couldnt stop the interior running game. He also decided to talk about the no-call on the "SURE Horse-collar". I guess he missed the holding calls during the game. The guys on the radio show were semi agreeing but only corrected him by saying if UGA played the way they did against vandy, Auburn would drill them a new one.

I guess it is just pure frustration that we are getting no respect and people seem to think we dont belong at 11. Figured id vent here, anyone else feel the same? lol

I hope Richt feels the same way. We're no threat to pass, pay no attention to Coates, Louis, or Davis. They're just there to distract you and block downfield. No need to bother covering those guys. Just load up the box to stop that weak running game. We wouldn't make so much as a single first down on that Berlin Wall UGA defense.

Exactly! Jay Prosch might take a wheel route to the house! hahaha. I think he is just bitter that they went 5 yards form being in the title game, to unranked and losing to Vandy. I am not saying were world beaters, but I bet this Auburn teams gives 110% In every game they play. I hope we blow them up with Coates, Louis, and Bray/Davis.

If we go 10-1 and lose to Alabama we still will catch crap from everyone. Winning out is the only way and even then teams will make excuses. When your team is playing so poorly it makes you want to tear others down as well

I dont why people think that ESPN or any other sports media is going to give Aubrun any respect...it's not going to happen. Getting pissed about it is a waste of energy. ive been an Auburn for a long time and thats just the way it going to be for Auburn. They will only begrudgingly acknowledge Auburn when we prove them wrong and thats fine with me.

As I was saying before, I was listening to the ESPN radio to listen to NFL updates for sundays games for my fantasy team. It was a caller that called in that made these remarks. I already dont listen to ESPN for Aub news, I use FS1 and will continue to do so.

Growing up in Gwinnett County, GA, as an Auburn Tiger fan, I grew to hate Ga fans more than even Ala fans. They're almost as abusive without anything to at least back it up on the field. It's like they've been hypnotized into thinking that every year is 1981 and they're fresh off a natty title.

Growing up in Gwinnett County, GA, as an Auburn Tiger fan, I grew to hate Ga fans more than even Ala fans. They're almost as abusive without anything to at least back it up on the field. It's like they've been hypnotized into thinking that every year is 1981 and they're fresh off a natty title.

I'll give UGa credit..as a program they consistently do less with more than any other team in the country. One has to wonder what these people think their team has accomplished that elevates then to elite status..one word pops immediately into my mind.....nothing. They win a lot of games and got nothing to show for it.

Yep UGA fans think of Herschel Walker and Larry Munson like turd fans thing of the bear...well almost

I dont why people think that ESPN or any other sports media is going to give Aubrun any respect...it's not going to happen. Getting pissed about it is a waste of energy. ive been an Auburn for a long time and thats just the way it going to be for Auburn. They will only begrudgingly acknowledge Auburn when we prove them wrong and thats fine with me.

“2. Who’s had a better Year 1 at their program than Gus Malzahn?

What a first mile for the ‘Gus Bus’ down on the Plains. After beating Texas A&M in College Station on Saturday, Auburn is now 6-1 (3-1 SEC) and in second place in the West, one-game behind Alabama. In Brian Fremeau’s most recent strength of schedule rankings, the Tigers ranked 26th in SOS and now have two very solid SEC wins (A&M and Ole Miss) with Georgia and Alabama still on the schedule.

The only other two coaches in the discussion are Oregon’s Mark Helfrich and Texas Tech’s Kliff Kingsbury, neither of whom have a lost a game yet. The Ducks (7-0, 4-0) have wins over Tennessee and Washington and rank second in the nation in yards per play at 8.28. The Red Raiders (7-0, 4-0) have won vs. TCU and at West Virginia, are 15th in the nation in scoring at 41.1 points/game and rank ninth nationally in yards allowed per play (4.55).

Given that Oregon’s and Texas Tech’s real tests are still to come, I’m giving my current Best Year 1 vote to Malzahn…

6. What does LSU’s loss at Ole Miss do to the SEC West?

It cracks a window for … Auburn? Yes, a small one. We won’t overreact too much to Auburn’s win at Texas A&M, because it still has three tough games left: at Tennessee (Neyland seems to be a tough place to win again, with South Carolina losing there and UGA needing overtime to escape), Georgia, Alabama. How great would it be if the Tigers got to the Iron Bowl with one loss and could win the West by beating undefeated Alabama?

LSU is nearly flatlined. It would need to win out plus have Auburn lose to Arkansas, Tennessee or Georgia but also beat Alabama. That’d give everyone atop the West two losses and LSU the tiebreaker.

I also don’t think we’d live to see the SEC championship game, because the world would self-combust if that many forces collided simultaneously…

20. What other craziness can we root for?

If I could have one SEC wish, it would be for Auburn to reach the Iron Bowl with one loss against undefeated Alabama and then take the Tide to OT with an SEC title berth on the line…”

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/20-questions-on-sec-day-of-reckoning-lsu-florida-south-carolina-texas-am-lose-102013

I'm honestly having too much fun watching this '13 Auburn team to be concerned with what some red clay Georgia fan has to say.

Or anyone else for that matter. Im loving this teams heart- complete about face from last year when they had none.

I agree, it has been a blast this season! I love proving the nay sayers, but I have just heard too much BS from people talking about Auburns program and its "Corruptness". It angers me to hear that and to see Ha Ha Clinton Dix get reinstated for something we got a TV and bowl ban for in 93.

I agree, it has been a blast this season! I love proving the nay sayers, but I have just heard too much BS from people talking about Auburns program and its "Corruptness". It angers me to hear that and to see Ha Ha Clinton Dix get reinstated for something we got a TV and bowl ban for in 93.

You've got to read between the lines on this "respect" thing. The AU-UGA game is about 3-wks away, and already the mouth-breathers are calling in to the local sports radio show worrying about AU on the rise. Translation: that's respect. WDE

Normally I would agree, but over the past 48 hours I have heard nothing negative about AU from those on ESPN. During the BCS shpw last night they were very upbeat about AU. Said we were legit and talked about our #7 ranking in the computer poll and our strength of schedule. They said we were the most legit roadblock for uat. Even at work today I walked in on some uat fans privately discussing that Auburn was their biggest worry at this point. They were complimentry to Gus and said we got the right guy. I know there are the scum bags out there but most folks who know anything about football know AU is back on track. By the way ESPN has us slated for the Sugar Bowl in their new predictions. The Gus Bus is rolling. WDE

I hear ya. I live in Virginia so I don't have to listen to that in real life but it can pizz you off sometimes when you see it. I never get mad about it but if I am in the mood I enjoy busting their chops with a zinger. Just remember, most of them do it because they are insecure and becoming more so as this year unfolds. In the meantime enjoy these Aubies. They are fast becoming a very special team that will be remembered.

i personally think we have gotten plenty of respect (from the computers at least). we jumped about a dozen spots in the poll. we're doing fine. we barely beat one very good team and lost to another very good team. the rest of our schedule has been average, although tougher than bama's. we are a top 15 team right now as I see it. if we get two more sec wins under our belt, then we are top ten, three more and we are top 5, 4 more, and we are number 1. we can't come off a 3-9 season expecting our most vicious rivals to "respect" us after we win a few games.

i personally think we have gotten plenty of respect (from the computers at least). we jumped about a dozen spots in the poll. we're doing fine. we barely beat one very good team and lost to another very good team. the rest of our schedule has been average, although tougher than bama's. we are a top 15 team right now as I see it. if we get two more sec wins under our belt, then we are top ten, three more and we are top 5, 4 more, and we are number 1. we can't come off a 3-9 season expecting our most vicious rivals to "respect" us after we win a few games.

Yep.....after last season we have to earn it on the field. I can't blame the pollsters for taking a bit of a wait and see attitude toward AU.

By the end of the year, I expect we will have the ranking that we deserve.

Georgia will most likely have Gurley, Bennett, and Conley back by that game. They have owned us the past several years with the exception of 2010, so that will be a HUGE test. I would love to show the same physicality in that game that we showed this past weekend. And I would to show Murray that Nick Fairley is not the only Auburn DL that can sack him!

Archived