Not the Orange Bowl, Not the Sugar ?

AustinTiger

Been reading. First let me state my allegiance. I am an LSU fan who is backing you guys in your quest for the NCG at the Orange Bowl.

There are several things I want to say. First, the Sugar Bowl would love to have this year's AU team, so don't sweat that. Next, the SEC will try to help Auburn much like the Pac-10 has helped it's teams in the past (see Oregon State in the Fiesta bowl in 2001). But it is a tad early yet for the SEC to get involved. When LSU went to Atlanta last year for the SECCG, not many people had us in the Sugar for the NCG. Once LSU blasted UGA, the picture started to change rapidly and pressure may have been applied. You guys need to beat UT in the SECCG before the SEC really applies the screws, so don't worry about that for now. Next, who would you rather play? I agree that Miami simply isn't a formidible opponent this year. Also, I don't think Utah will be significant. Whoever plays Utah will get the worst TV rating in the BCS season, unless Boise St. sneaks in. Utah may be 11-0, but I would EXPECT an SEC power to smash them. I live out here on the west coast (originally from New Orleans), so I have seen some of the Utes stuff. I still think you guys should smash them. Hell, I think we :lsu: would smash them right now.

If for some messed up reason you don't get the Orange Bowl with a 12-0 record, you want the highest ranked team from a BCS conference that you can get. I'd rather you guys have a 10-1 Cal over an 11-0 Utah. I understand the allure of a 12-0 v. 11-0, but in the end, I think you are better off fighting it out against a top-5 opponent from a BCS Conference if possible.

So, all this speculation is kind of p*ssing me off. I hearby declare a temporary allegiance to Auburn and I am hopeful that the BCS will not screw you over. Somehow, we got through all the BS last year and pretty much everyone agreed that we deserved to be there. USC was the odd man out last year. Assuming USC and OU win out this year, I still say that USC should be the odd man out again this year. The Pac-10 basically SUCKS. There are two ranked teams in that conference now. It was a weak conference with no CCG. :thumbsdown:

Good luck. I'll be watching. :)

Utah would be a no win situation. Win and everyone will say that utah was not that good anyway. Lose and we officially suck.

125940[/snapback]

I agree. I would rather play Miami in the Sugar if we can't play in the Orange.

Archived